UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Around the country hoops season 2023....

Lastly, the St. Rose WBB wins their final regular season conference game, 

In my opinion, Will Brown's best coaching season, hopefully, it will lead to bigger and better things, whether inside or outside of coaching and basketball.

Further, I hope for the women associated with program can continue with lives in the manner they had expected before the closing of their school.

SAINT ROSE 46, SOUTHERN NEW HAMPSHIRE 43

Knights rally to win regular-season finale

Sports staff

The College of Saint Rose women’s basketball team closed the regular season with a 46-43 come-from-behind overtime win against host Southern New Hampshire on Tuesday in Manchester, N.H.

Payton Graber’s buzzer-beating three-pointer tied the game at 40 to end regulation and force the extra period where the Golden Knights kept the momentum rolling and picked up the victory.

Saint Rose finished the regular season at 21-5 and 17-5 in the Northeast-10 which will give them the three-seed in the upcoming conference tournament.

Graber had a team-best 15 points and Kaelah Carter added 12 points, including four of the Golden Knights’ six points in overtime.

Adriana Timberlake scored 16 points for Southern New Hampshire, which finished the regular season 17-9 and 15-9 to earn the fourth-seed.

The Northeast-10 tournament begins Friday with the first round but Saint Rose has a bye and will start with a home game on Sunday in the quarterfinal round with a time and opponent to be determined.

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, cwdickens said:

From www.TimesUnion.com Siena men’s basketball loses home finale to Niagara

I believe this leaves them at 4-26. Carm has been quoted recently stating he believes he will remain their coach.

He should remain their coach. They had 3 other coaches lose 24 in a season. He has a road and neutral site game left. He can still get to 28.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, godanesgo99 said:

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/39724097/ncaa-tournament-expansion-future-80-teams-march-madness

Didn't know where else to put this. The American East is talked about in the article...

Not a flattering picture of our conference....yes mentions our MBB upsets in the tournaments.

Edited by cwdickens
clarify

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, UA1882 said:

Killings needs to go next.  

He's 34-60 here at UA and no one over there seems to care. 3 years in and it's not much better. Typically if a guy can't figure it out in 3 years or show signs, it's only a matter of time. DK has shown nothing but they won't eat 800k of salary so here we are. Bad hire! Was the right move to move on, not with a coach that needed a training diaper. 

Brown was 33-47 last 3 years and got run off (last was covid year) and all of his history. 

Edited by Clickclack

1 hour ago, UA1882 said:

Killings needs to go next.  

1 hour ago, Clickclack said:

He's 34-60 here at UA and no one over there seems to care. 3 years in and it's not much better. Typically if a guy can't figure it out in 3 years or show signs, it's only a matter of time. DK has shown nothing but they won't eat 800k of salary so here we are. Bad hire! Was the right move to move on, not with a coach that needed a training diaper. 

Brown was 33-47 last 3 years and got run off (last was covid year) and all of his history. 

I think people do care however at least three things prevent his firing:

• Concern(s) will be raised by the same community group that interceded on Killings behalf two years ago.
  • The cost of paying Killings on the reminder of his contract.
  • The fear of having to start from scratch, new coach and recruiting a whole new team.

I keep thinking, how much better Marquette has gotten each year since they fire their head coach and Killings leaving.  Marquette is a Two Seed.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

I think people do care however at least three things prevent his firing:

• Concern(s) will be raised by the same community group that interceded on Killings behalf two years ago.
  • The cost of paying Killings on the reminder of his contract.
  • The fear of having to start from scratch, new coach and recruiting a whole new team.

I keep thinking, how much better Marquette has gotten each year since they fire their head coach and Killings leaving.  Marquette is a Two Seed.

Killings sucks but his being gone has nothing to do specifically with Killings gone but that they changed entire direction with respect to coaching staff. You continuing to beat this moronic drum is one of the dumbest things on this board. They hired Shaka, that's what led to the change not DK taking UA after the previous coach got fired. 

You point maybe would make some sense if Steve Wojciechowski was still the HC and only Killing left. 

Enough already with this completely idiotic point. And I don't even like Kilings. It's like saying Carm was fired at Siena because I bought a bucket of KFC for dinner. The two events are completely unrelated. 

• Haha 1