Photo

Recruiting - 2019

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#16 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 10:37 AM

Updated my list using this thread and Verbal Commits.

** next to recruit name is the players star rating/rank

See this update post: http://bigpurplefans...=3

Edited by Eli, 08 February 2018 - 10:55 AM.

GO DANES!!!

#17 UA1882

UA1882

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 05:36 PM

Watch this kid shoot.
https://t.co/hzzraQmfbS

Wow . August Mahoney

#18 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Very nice.

GO DANES!!!

#19 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 02:08 PM

Watching the Boston College - Duke game. JGIII is behind the BC bench. He picked quite a game for a visit.

#20 ZLK

ZLK

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:17 PM

Watching the Boston College - Duke game. JGIII is behind the BC bench. He picked quite a game for a visit.

Was a wonderful game if ya ask me...

#21 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:08 AM

RE: JGIII

Set the NY State all-time scoring record. In his Junior year. Surprassed NBA'er Lance Stephenson.

http://wnyt.com/spor...record/4766007/

GO DANES!!!

#22 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

JGIII got his Michigan offer over the weekend. I believe I heard that was his #1 choice all along.

He is a great local story, and I hope to find a way to go watch one of his games this season, but I'm thinking it's probably pretty safe to take the conversation about him out of the recruiting thread and start an OT normal thread on him.

Maybe I am just a pessimist on the chances now...

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#23 godanesgo99

godanesgo99

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 900 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

The above said. This class needs a local kid. With Stire gone this year, and Cremo next year, having a new local stand out can be good for attendance.

UA Class of '99

Go Danes!

#24 Eli

Eli

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:12 AM

JGIII got his Michigan offer over the weekend. I believe I heard that was his #1 choice all along.

He is a great local story, and I hope to find a way to go watch one of his games this season, but I'm thinking it's probably pretty safe to take the conversation about him out of the recruiting thread and start an OT normal thread on him.

Maybe I am just a pessimist on the chances now...

Not pessimist...realist.

There is NO chance, the chance might even be in the negative numbers, that we get this kid. If Brown manages to land this kid and get him to play in the AE when a powerhouse program has offered him Brown needs an immediate raise and to be immediately inducted into the Basketball Hall of Fame for his contributions to Mid-Majors everywhere. lol.

Edited by Eli, 31 January 2018 - 12:35 PM.

GO DANES!!!

#25 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

While he's an incredible shooter, it remains to be seen if he'll have the athleticism and be able to defend that that level. You stick with this kid if things don't work out and he want's to drop down. Obviously, I hope he does well...there are many fish in the ocean but if he needs a safety net, I love that we are still around to catch him. He would rock the AE...

Don't kid yourself, Becker and Brown playing a LONG game here. They both know in the short term they have no shot.

Edited by Clickclack, 31 January 2018 - 11:48 AM.

#26 BestDaneSinceHamlet

BestDaneSinceHamlet

Great Dane

• Big Purple Fans
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:39 PM

Do we know if Cremo got any other offers outside of UA, or was he so committed that no one else came knocking?

#27 Clickclack

Clickclack

BPF Bracket Challenge Winner

• Big Purple Fans
  • 10,918 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 12:55 PM

Do we know if Cremo got any other offers outside of UA, or was he so committed that no one else came knocking?

He was a very early commit if memory serves so plenty of schools backed off...

#28 UA_MA_2000

UA_MA_2000

UA MA 2000

• Big Purple Fans
  • 2,233 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:22 PM

As noted above, Michigan (along with a few other power conference schools) has offered JG3:

https://www.freep.co...ing/1084426001/

The other schools to offer are: Boston College, Penn State, and Washington.

Edited by UA_MA_2000, 31 January 2018 - 10:26 PM.

#29 Dane Pound

Dane Pound

• Big Purple Fans
  • 6,840 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 10:31 PM

Have to admit, I thought JGIII might go to prep school somewhere his senior year but that's not the case. He's talking about playing football next fall and has some football scholarship offers as well.

#30 UA1882

UA1882

Dane

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

With 5 freshman on the roster next year and 2 scholarships remaining, you would have to think Brown will go with 2 JUCO kids. Or maybe 1 JUCO and 1 5th year senior.

With Joe and David being seniors next year I'm really hoping for an extremely impactful 5th year guy. Someone who looks at Joe and David and sees a possible big run next year. I think Foster is doing well but I would be hoping for someone way more impactful.
  • Eli likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users