UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

@ LCC 12/13 ( not the day whiny patsos wanted)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup.

So, UA gets maybe 30k from this game while Siena gets 200k (minus the per diem rent it pays to the TUC). Ridiculous. And that's just on the game being a 10,750 fan attended game. If you get to 12,000 fans, its $225,000, and for 13,000 fans $255,000.

Siena is not getting that from any other game, either at home or on the road. In 2012, they had 5700 fans show up for UMASS. In 2010 they got 7,400 against Delaware on opening night, and 8000 for St. Joes. But that team was a really really good team that went to the NCAA's. In 2011, coming off that monster year, they got 8500 for Butler, and 7400 for Georgia Tech. And that was coming off of Butler's monster year.

So...all those games, against known entities, including a game against a team that went to the Championship Game (Butler), drew far less than the UA game. In fact, the last time a Siena-Albany game was outdrawn by another opponent for Siena was in 2004, when they played Syracuse. The game has drawn 10,000 plus 11 of 14 games.

Enough of this...truly, enough.

Edited by Dane96

Yup.

So, UA gets maybe 30k from this game while Siena gets 200k (minus the per diem rent it pays to the TUC). Ridiculous. And that's just on the game being a 10,750 fan attended game. If you get to 12,000 fans, its $225,000, and for 13,000 fans $255,000.

Siena is not getting that from any other game, either at home or on the road. In 2012, they had 5700 fans show up for UMASS. In 2010 they got 7,400 against Delaware on opening night, and 8000 for St. Joes. But that team was a really really good team that went to the NCAA's. In 2011, coming off that monster year, they got 8500 for Butler, and 7400 for Georgia Tech. And that was coming off of Butler's monster year.

So...all those games, against known entities, including a game against a team that went to the Championship Game (Butler), drew far less than the UA game. In fact, the last time a Siena-Albany game was outdrawn by another opponent for Siena was in 2004, when they played Syracuse. The game has drawn 10,000 plus 11 of 14 games.

Enough of this...truly, enough.

Agree and this doesn't even count any of the other incidental revenue that they get for hosting. I don't know if it is material or not, but how do you think the sponsorship money for the trophy we won again was split up. They unilaterally put the game on TV. Is Any money from the commercials sold going to Albany.

This ridiculous set up is why I will not buy a ticket for any LCC game or spend any money inside their arena during any game(whne i got a free ticket) even though it certainly would be fun to see that low major continue to lose to albany and other teams. And anyone that knows me knows it is harder for me not to go to a game than it is to go to a game :)

Edited by bob87

Walk away...let them play someone else and try to get $180k+ in attendance. They will crawl back, and if they don't, that's OK too.

You want respect for UA? First UA has to respect itself enough to walk away from being a road team for 14 years.

100% agree.

Not to mention if they want anyone else to come to the Knick without a return game, it is going to cost them a lot more than $18K without a similar (to albany) bump in attendence

We're not the same team we were in 2001 by any long shot. It's been quite a long time since we ended a game with only four men on the court. Our program has grown up, and not it's time for their program and their fans to do the same thing. I would pay big money to see their fans, particularly their season ticket holders, ejected from their ringside seats and see our fans take their place. Will I live long enough to see it done?