UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

T-U story https://www.timesunion.com/sports/article/Ahmad-Clark-sets-two-school-records-as-UAlbany-14968100.php?utm_campaign=CMS Sharing Tools (Premium)&utm_source=share-by-email&utm_medium=email

Will Brown said. "It was an ugly game. I joked with one of the referees, 'Hey, you're going to miss your dinner reservation if you keep blowing that whistle.'

Maine (4-13, 0-3) committed 35 fouls, the most in a non-overtime Division I game this season.

Clark said, "so I tried to speed up the tempo a little but try to remain under control, like coach Brown and the coaching staff has been trying to get me to do my whole career here." Seems I've heard that around here, too.

Clark was fouled 17 times, establishing single-game program records for free throws attempted (24) and made (19). Lillis was 16-for-18 from the foul line March 8, 2019 (sic), at Boston U. Note: it was 2008

UAlbany also set school records for total free throws attempted (47) and made (36) in one game.

Edited by UAalum72

18 hours ago, Clickclack said:

This game without Ahmad is a loss... Say what you will. Good game dude! He came to play today. Constantly put pressure on Maine. 

Absolutely, the game played out in a manner that you don't often see.  You may not see 👀 a game like this for another two or three years.  I was hoping UAlbany would have an opportunity to run their normal offense.  Wasn't happening yesterday.

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

You may not see 👀 a game like this for another two or three years. 

I'm totally fine with that. Maybe make it nine or ten years.

I'd been thinking when Lulka came back and was healthy that he'd go back into the starting lineup. After seeing Hutch play over the last couple of weeks, I'm not so sure about that.

BTW - classy move by Coach Barron of Maine to contribute to Coaches Cure CF yesterday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cwdickens said:

Absolutely, the game played out in a manner that you don't often see.  You may not see 👀 a game like this for another two or three years.  I was hoping UAlbany would have an opportunity to run their normal offense.  Wasn't happening yesterday.

If you watch closely or re-watch... It seems barron is yelling at his team all game to me physical. They tried to punk us last night and almost had it work. That appears to have been the game plan. 

Agree game tough to watch. Disagree Maine SO bad. They are big, long, have multiple guys who can hit the 3; and they are young. If they can channel their toughness without fouling SO much, they are going to win some games in the ameast. Also Healy makes his usual 35-40% from 3, game not close. 

I was made fun of on the AE board for predicting Maine would steal a few wins they shouldn't. It's because of what we saw last night. They have 3 or 4 players who can really play and carry a team to a win. They will probably finish 8th or 9th, but could steal a win against anyone in the conference including SBU or UVM if 2 or 3 of them get hot at the right moment together. They just have no depth whatsoever and will get blown out more than they keep it close or steal a win.

Back to Clark. He can frustrate us fans (and coach Brown I'm sure) but he balls hard all the time. Simply have to love the effort. If JoJo can get back to full strength by the middle of conference play, having the two of them on the court together could give other teams fits.

Here is the epitome of what Clark brings...

52 minutes ago, dslyank said:

Agree game tough to watch. Disagree Maine SO bad. They are big, long, have multiple guys who can hit the 3; and they are young. If they can channel their toughness without fouling SO much, they are going to win some games in the ameast. Also Healy makes his usual 35-40% from 3, game not close. 

Maine is really really bad, but not atrocious.  Any team that ranks in the 300's this far into the season is terrible.  They may win a few games but let's not give them too much credit. 

Lulka still does not look right. When and If he does I would like to see him play the 5. With him playing the 5 we should be able to spread the floor and open up some driving lanes. 

On 1/12/2020 at 2:47 PM, Dane Pound said:

I'd been thinking when Lulka came back and was healthy that he'd go back into the starting lineup.

23 hours ago, UA1882 said:

Lulka still does not look right. When and If he does I would like to see him play the 5. With him playing the 5 we should be able to spread the floor and open up some driving lanes. 

I'm starting to lose hope with Lulka. I know he's had some injuries this year but when he's in the game, he's not really impacting it. He fumbles a lot of passes.

I think I, and many others, thought we was going to be Sam's replacement and he's not even as good as Mike. I think we all thought that:

Healey = Hooley+
Lulka = Sam Rowley'ish
Hank = Mike Rowley'ish

1 and 3 seem to be happening but 2, not so much.

Just my $0.02.

Edited by Eli

19 hours ago, Eli said:

I'm starting to lose hope with Lulka. I know he's had some injuries this year but when he's in the game, he's not really impacting it. He fumbles a lot of passes.

I think I, and many others, though we was going to be Sam's replacement and he's not even as good as Mike. I think we all thought that:

Healey = Hooley+
Lulka = Sam Rowley'ish
Hank = Mike Rowley'ish

1 and 3 seem to be happening but 2, not so much.

Just my $0.02.

Sam was really good his last 2 years, I'm going to show some more patience on Lulka.  Patience is a virtue that some on the board do not possess in abundance.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sorry for the late review.

We are a better team when Tuna (Hank) is in against smaller teams. He defends well and we saw some determined moves in the opening minutes. Now don't go hostile, but I think he would do a credible job shadowing  Lamb. 

Clark is the tale of good and bad play. We need him, except when he enters me zone.  When we need a charge, no one better. This was apparent the last half of Columbia and in the Maine game. Keep it up.

Cam had an off shooting day, but most of his 3 point shots were made when he was open. Healy so made a couple of nifty passes to Hank.  

de Sousa is similar to Clark- which means... which player shows up? I see a lot of potential. Few has him jumps and defense. Just gotta keep plugging.

Got to admit that Trey is a good add. Shots well and rebounds. Goes to the hoop as well.  From a stat point of view, one of the more consistent players.

Have to agree with some comments on Ludka. Maybe he is still feeling affects of the injury. Hard to tell because he appears so quiet. Maybe the Tuna can get him mad? 

JJ looks like he is hindered. You can see that he has talent and gives us a strong third player to attack the basket. 

Game play. The Maine game started out like many of our contests, we were in control, made lots of passes and took open shots. A few substitutions later and all is forgotten and the team reverts to individual style play. Momentum is loss and we find our great lead has evaporated. oh well. 

Glad to see the 2-0 start and our ability to regain the lead for a win. 

• Like 1