UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

9 minutes ago, BestDaneSinceHamlet said:

That one made me stand up and listen.  Wow.  It can't be for lack of playing time, unless there's someone coming in that he's being recruited over?

Let's face it... He stunk all year... And most of last year. If we are being frank. The key is who they back fill with. 

As to where you place blame on his sucking. Everyone can decide for themselves. 

Edited by Clickclack

Not surprised at all.  Thought he might be the guy with some PT that might leave.  Never saw a live game but just based on TV, he did not show much enthusiasm or emotion each game, seemed like he was not happy to be there.  Correct me if I am wrong from those who were there each game and saw it differently.  His defense was fine with his length but offense never clicked, outside shot erractic. A couple games he exploded, then zeros for a few.  Good luck to him.  Could excell at D3 level based on size, but don't see many D1 offers with playing time guaranteed.

So CB has another open scholly.  

9 minutes ago, nysteve661 said:

Not surprised at all.  Thought he might be the guy with some PT that might leave.  Never saw a live game but just based on TV, he did not show much enthusiasm or emotion each game, seemed like he was not happy to be there.  Correct me if I am wrong from those who were there each game and saw it differently.  His defense was fine with his length but offense never clicked, outside shot erractic. A couple games he exploded, then zeros for a few.  Good luck to him.  Could excell at D3 level based on size, but don't see many D1 offers with playing time guaranteed.

So CB has another open scholly.  

Definitely a guy who looked to be going through the motions.

This is not great though. Another WB recruit gone. Other than Healey (and IMO Hank) he's completely whiffed on recruits the last 3-4 years. It's getting bad. He needs to figure out something or let his recruiters go because they are stinkin up the joint.

Either that, or he found a kid way better than Malachi and told him he'd be replaced so he might as well leave.

Who knows but the amount of turnover we have every year not due to graduation is starting to get alarming.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Eli said:

Definitely a guy who looked to be going through the motions.

This is not great though. Another WB recruit gone. Other than Healey (and IMO Hank) he's completely whiffed on recruits the last 3-4 years. It's getting bad. He needs to figure out something or let his recruiters go because they are stinkin up the joint.

Either that, or he found a kid way better than Malachi and told him he'd be replaced so he might as well leave.

Who knows but the amount of turnover we have every year not due to graduation is starting to get alarming.

Yep... The amount of misses is alarming. No doubt a significant reason as to why the program is in the dumps. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Clickclack said:

Yep... The amount of misses is alarming. No doubt a significant reason as to why the program is in the dumps. 

And that once again circles back to the topic I brought up months ago, CB's devotion to his homegrown staff.  Issues growing players that are here and recruiting successful ones to come here.  

9 minutes ago, Bball2020 said:

Called it months ago! Drain the swamp! Happy to see another ship! 

I'd bite my tongue until you see what's recruited... You forget Flory and Brooks? This guarantees nothing. I wish he would have worked out. 

Edited by Clickclack

You could tell something was weird the second half of the season. Wasn't sure if it was health related or what. Best of luck to Malachi wherever he lands.

As much as we debate JUCO players and whether they work out, we've had really no success with the New England Prep ranks through the years. Guys I could name off the top of my head that came through the New England Prep schools: Malachi, Doherty, Max Twyman, Mike Wells, Derek Tartt and Anthony Raffa. Maybe there's a success story I'm forgetting. 

• Like 2

Bottom line he was a kid who showed flashess of stardom end of frosh season, however he was absolutely awful and looked disconnected this past season. Almost looked like he did not like basketball. Its amazing when we here that french, desousa and doherty are transferring. Makes you wonder what d1 schools want them if any. Off season is off to a great start with these additions by subtractions and the horton signing which is big  time (beat stony and umbc). Now we have room for a grad transfer or two!  
depth chart:

pg- amica, anderson

sg- healy, rizzuto

sf- horton, grad transfer or juco

pf-  hutcheson, juco or grad transfer,

c- juco or grad transfer, lulka, hank

As for being recruited over for malachi , yes he is. Amica and anderson will be playing one that leaves from 2-4 the combination of horton, healy, rizzuto and hutcheson along with other kids they bring in. Obviously brown loves hutcheson, obviously healy should start at the 2, leaving malachi to battle horton rizzuto and any other new comer for the three spot. With how great horton is reportedly, i dont think de sousa will be battling. I think he can stay at scholarship levels most likely go d2 and coast. Took me two minutes to see horton will out compete desousa and thats not to mention anyone else they bring in. So far it looks like shaffer may stay if he went we could really get a good collection of grad transfers, its the new way of the ncaa. Vermont is already ahead of the game with grad transfer pipeline!

Edited by Bball2020