UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

The CAA overextended their ALLSORTS; making it more difficult to get ncaa bids in (other than football) A ONE BID conference.

Is Richmond going Patriot ALL SPORTS or just football? Guesing ALL; Patriot at least LAX wise can/has been multiple bids over the years

1 hour ago, dslyank said:

The CAA overextended their ALLSORTS; making it more difficult to get ncaa bids in (other than football) A ONE BID conference.

Is Richmond going Patriot ALL SPORTS or just football? Guesing ALL; Patriot at least LAX wise can/has been multiple bids over the years

Per the Patriot Conference website, Richmond is joining the conference in Football only, looks like the Patriot Conference was looking to make it eight teams for football.  Was losing to UAlbany in the NCAA to much?

America East needs to pony up and support football. 

Albany

New Hampshire

Maine

rhode island 

Bryant 

stony brook 

monmouth

towson 

maybe nova if they don’t bolt elsewhere

other option could be Merrimack 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UAlbany09 said:

CAA football is clearly dying. Hopefully the AD is looking at other options. 

The CAA north is our best option (US, SBU, UNH, Maine, Monmouth, Bryant, URI, Towson) that is a solid 8.  I am assuming Nova might join Richmond in the PL.  I don't see anyone leaving to a different league unless they get a large amount of money.

MJ just posted on the AE board a tweet saying the rumor mill is saying the 7 southern CAA football schools might be all doing different things.  Excuse me while I get my popcorn maker started.  

Edited by B9j2j6s

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2024/3/20/24102517/fcs-2024-caa-james-madison-villanova-richmond-william-mary-ualbany-campbell-north-carolina-at-bryant

I couldn’t agree with this article more. And soon Richmond will be gone.  The CAA has become a shadow of what it once was.  And no current team has shown the ability to compete with the Dakota and Montana teams. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jimbo said:

https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2024/3/20/24102517/fcs-2024-caa-james-madison-villanova-richmond-william-mary-ualbany-campbell-north-carolina-at-bryant

I couldn’t agree with this article more. And soon Richmond will be gone.  The CAA has become a shadow of what it once was.  And no current team has shown the ability to compete with the Dakota and Montana teams. 

Agree with post and article 100%.

When many on this blog were pining for UA to join brook in going to the CAA all sports; I said NO WAY. I was probably in the minority {may have been the only one} who showed displeasure when UA joined the caa for football. OK I will acknowledge the move for football may have been a success {the jury is still out on that IMHO}; but overall, I hate to say I told you so.......BUT.🤫

Albany holds the keys to the city right now.  Either you move to the CAA for all sports....which I think happens IF W&M stays.....or you remain in AE.  I think that if W&M goes to the SoCon or Patriot.....the remaining CAA schools scatter to the wind.  AE would be in a position to possibly grab NU/Drexel/Hofstra if they want to remain a hoops only league.....or StonyBrook/Monmouth/Towson if they want to sponsor football.  I'm not sure that Northeastern or Stony Brook would even want to return to AE but the way things are moving....you never know.

2 hours ago, dslyank said:

Agree with post and article 100%.

When many on this blog were pining for UA to join brook in going to the CAA all sports; I said NO WAY. I was probably in the minority {may have been the only one} who showed displeasure when UA joined the caa for football. OK I will acknowledge the move for football may have been a success {the jury is still out on that IMHO}; but overall, I hate to say I told you so.......BUT.🤫

While the majority on the forum may have a preference for CAA full affiliation, I believe the greater fan base outside this forum prefers the America East for all sports except Football and Women's Golf.

Will the America East look at taking on Football?  The question is:  Does Maine, New Hampshire, UAlbany and Bryant agreed on this and can you get Rhode Island, Stony Brook, Nova and Monmouth on board? Well, then there are the schools without football, ex. Vermont, Binghamton, NJIT UMBC., which may put up a roadblock.