UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Proud

After playing in obscurity these past few years all the attention to the team has been almost surreal to me. Capped off by the game tonight. Had to say to the person next to me-"are we really up 10 on UConn in the second half?"

Outstanding effort tonight. Proud of this team, coaches and administration who built it all.

As a long time Great Dane fan (Class of '83), I am very proud of their effort tonight and the great season they had. This game was a far cry from the old days at University Gym with Doc Sauers roaming the sidelines and Potsdam the big opponent. We have come a long way to Division 1 and hopefully we will be a team to contend with against the "power" teams in the future.

After playing in obscurity these past few years all the attention to the team has been almost surreal to me. . . .

13236[/snapback]

You're absolutely right on that point, Dane Pound.

In past seasons, I would be lucky to print out ten stories in all the media I found during a whole month. These last two weeks it has been ten a day!

With very few exceptions, the press has been all positive.

Dane96 keeps quoting Doc Sauers in saying that basketball will build this school. I think all of the things that the school is achieving are beginning to shine now, too. Is basketball the catalyst? It certainly is helping!!

After playing in obscurity these past few years all the attention to the team has been almost surreal to me. . . .

13236[/snapback]

You're absolutely right on that point, Dane Pound.

In past seasons, I would be lucky to print out ten stories in all the media I found during a whole month. These last two weeks it has been ten a day!

With very few exceptions, the press has been all positive.

Dane96 keeps quoting Doc Sauers in saying that basketball will build this school. I think all of the things that the school is achieving are beginning to shine now, too. Is basketball the catalyst? It certainly is helping!!

13241[/snapback]

Oh...most definately. I GUAAAARRUNTEE 85% of recruited athletes in ALL sports will have now heard of UA. IF you are an athlete, chances are you have watched March Madness.

The rest of the program will benefit from this...as will a nice run by softball and a nice run by the lax team.

just back from philadelphia ... time for rest ... but first, what an outstanding effort by the players/coaching staff ... certainly made the UA family proud ... "defeat"?, i scored it a win on my card ... a very special evening ... i will be heckled by a small number of my students on monday, others who were in our corner will offer condolences ... i'm already planning to go off topic to explain the opportunities presented by loss ... should be a great "outside the text" lesson ... thank you and congratulations to the team on a valiant run in the post-season ... it truly is, "A great day to be a Great Dane"

Edited by alumni '92'

gREAT job

Danes!!!!

I could not be at the game as I had family commitments but my family was cheering loud together as we watched history!!

I could not be prouder of the student athletes, coaching staff, and student supporters at Albany University.

Keep up the good work everyone and we will continue to improve.

As a former student athlete at Albany I was impressed by the fan support and hope it continues to gain strength.

Albany had a great season on and OFF the court. Now lets lock up Brown for the future as we continue to build on what these tremondous players have started.

UA

UA

UA

UA!!!!!

UAlbany-UConn was the lead story on ESPN Sportscenter this morning. And I do mean UAlbany first since most of the commentary focused on UAlbany's great peformance. "They were the GREAT Danes." as the announcer said.

Dane96, I was thinking the very same thing, i.e. the benefits that this game and the PR this team has received nationally, will help recruiting for all our teams. It is simply amazing how far this athletic program has come in 7 years. How many of us can honestly say, when we first when DI, that we would have so many teams making the NCAA tournaments so soon? Let's see: softball 1, volleyball 1, lacrosse 3, basketball 1, and track. And we are still in the infacny of DI!

This has come about through the vision of many people, administration, coaches, athletes, fans, and community.

The great effort and spirit witnessed last night is going to affect every aspect in the university in the most positive way.

Now when people see our efforts in nanotechnology, developing relations with China, gene theory development, library science, etc., etc., they'll take our achievements in those fields a lot more seriously. And the reverse will be true, as well. People who are great in these other fields will remember our achievements in athletics, too. "Oh, UAlbany, that's the school that gave UConn a run for its money."

Last night's game in the minds of the average American gave our school a greater boost than anything else done at the university in the last ten years. Maybe longer.