UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Next Season's Lineup

I know the season just ended but I am so excited about next season already and I wish it was November. We pretty much know the roster next season unless someone leaves unexpectingly and of course we need to be lead by Will Brown. Here is my thought on a lineup and key subs. Jamar and Lillis should start in the backcourt again with Iati first sub in and Knight and Anderson backing up unless Coach feels Bauman is ready to play some. Up front, Brent starts of course and have Siggers with him. He has the potential to replace Lu as a swingman with a good shot and athleticism. Backing them up would be Connelly, Anderson as a swingman and Yocum. Finally at center, I will assume Gifford will be ready for D1 ball and can start. If not, I am not comfortable with Covington at center with what I saw this year from him. If Gifford can get us 8-10 points and 7 boards, that will be similiar to what K did for most of this season with hopefully less foul trouble (of course K was a monster Friday night). Does anyone agree with this or have thoughts?

Thanks to all on the board for their insights the past few weeks in what was an incredible season.

Let's temper the expectations for Gifford. I am sure he will evolve into a very good player, but he didn't average 10 and 7 in HS so to expect that next year is a bit much - IMO. I think it will take the entire non conference schedule to determine how to handle the 5.

I expect a battle with Iati, Siggers and Knight for the third guard position (with Jamar and Brian).

Hey all, I'm new to the board.. About our transfers coming in this year/new players entering this school, what is the general consensus about them and does anyone have a good scouting report or just a few thoughts on each? Also, is there anyone that you know of who we are targetting with that last scholarship spot?

Alot has got to do with how well an offseason each player has. I think what reeder said about not expecting to much from Gifford is the right thing to do. For his Freshman year we just need him to take up the role that Zoe played for us. I worry about him getting into foul trouble it took Zoe a little while to get used to the way AE officials call tickey tack calls on big men. I see that being his major hurdle. From pictures and what I've seen with him on highlights posted on this board he reminds me of UVM's Holm's.

I have a feeling he will be a great player, I wouldn't be surprised if Yocum and Gifford share duties at the 5 spot. Mike really seems to have a positive attitude and a great basketball foundation, playing with two future ACC players only helps him.

Center- Gifford/Yocum/Covington

As for the rest of a Danes

Clearly Brent Wilson is going to be at the 4 though I would like to see him try time at the Small Foward Position. Covington I can see him benefiting from a move to the PF position, he likes to Bang the boards however he is over matched at the 5 spot. Connelly, I think he will have a break out Sophmore campaign he is a true PF, and if he bulks up a little bit 10-15 pounds like Brent did over last summer he should be a great contributor.

Power Foward- B. Wilson/Covington/Connelly

In the backcourt Lillis and J. Wilson will start. Be intresting to see who can fill the gap from Jordan. I would give Iati or Siggers the early lead, but who knows what Knight brings to the table, as well as Ried Anderson who I think is the star of the class. Also there is Bauman who probably is eager to say the least to play more in his Junior year.

Again as I said earlier it all depends on how well the summer goes.

As of right now the two major issues at hand for next year in order.

1. Resigning Brown I'll be praying every night for this

2. What to do with the 5th scholorship

I would say:

Jamar Wilson

Brent Wilson

Brian Lillis

Jimmy Covington

Brian Connolly / Brent Gifford

Connolly is a dark horse on this team. He showed me alot near the end of the season.

13299[/snapback]

Interesting! I think the players above are certainly competitive, however I think you over look Siggers who has considerable talent when given the opportunity

I would say:

Jamar Wilson

Brent Wilson

Brian Lillis

Jimmy Covington

Brian Connolly / Brent Gifford

Connolly is a dark horse on this team. He showed me alot near the end of the season.

13299[/snapback]

Interesting! I think the players above are certainly competitive, however I think you over look Siggers who has considerable talent when given the opportunity

13393[/snapback]

aGREED on Siggers. Everytime I see him play I am impressed. He can do it all, it will be interesting to see if he can do it for 30 minutes.

Why not?

Lillis

Wilson

Siggers

Wilson

Covington

I think the center spot is the only real question here. In my opinion Siggers has earned a starting spot (at this point) and someone would have to really shine in practice to take it away.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Covington/Connelly/Gifford almost split time at the center.

Why not?

Lillis

Wilson

Siggers

Wilson

Covington

I think the center spot is the only real question here.  In my opinion Siggers has earned a starting spot (at this point) and someone would have to really shine in practice to take it away.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Covington/Connelly/Gifford almost split time at the center.

13397[/snapback]

I'd guess that Connelly would be spelling Brent rather than the centers Gifford and Covington.

As much as I like Iati I'm with those who'd put Siggers in the starting lineup. He makes for a better defensive team and I may be biased but he probably would have started for just about any other team in out conference. He has all the tools and I am a big fan.

I will wait and see on our freshman. Gifford looks great on paper but we'll have to see. The guy who might be good out of the gate is Yocum. He seems like a smart, team player who should pick up his role quickly. That said I like Covington to start the season.