UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Looking forward to 2006/07

Levi, Sweet LU, ZO and Knotts depart. A Big THANK YOU to all four of you for helping lay the foundation.

We know we have a coach in place, possibly for 5 years.

1. Jamar is back, will he be better?

2. How much improvement we will see from the Iowa Connection?????

I would expect Brent's post up game and mid range game to continue to improve.

I expect Lillis to be a double digit scorer next season.

3. I expect Iati to be very solid and you just know he will win us a few games with his perimeter scoring or from the foul line to close out games.

4. Will Siggers step in next year for sweet LU?

5. How much can we expect from Covington and Connelly can/will they get the job done on the interior?

6. New recruits can Gifford or Yocum start or be major contributors as Freshmen.

7. Is Reid Anderson really a Brian Lillis who looks to score? That would make him a very interesting player.

8. What will Michael Knight's role be.

9. Will Bauman surprise us?

Can't wait for the season to start.

It will be strange watching the first game next fall without seeing Levi out there. He and Will Brand before him seemed like they were here forever.

I'm hoping since Brown will be returning that it means the coaching staff as a whole will return. I'd like to see what Fillien can do working with Gifford, Yocum, Covington and Connelly for a few years.

It will be strange watching the first game next fall without seeing Levi out there. He and Will Brand before him seemed like they were here forever.

I'm hoping since Brown will be returning that it means the coaching staff as a whole will return. I'd like to see what Fillien can do working with Gifford, Yocum, Covington and Connelly for a few years.

13605[/snapback]

Agreed. If, as Brown has stated, Gifford is as good as a recruit as Jamar was, imagine the field days Filien is going to have with Gifford.

Remember, big guys are tough to get at this level and Brown gushed about him. I think we can all trust Brown's evaluation skills. TCopp wasnt highly regarded at UVM....and look what hard work, with Filien's teachings, got both UVM and TCopp.

Edited by Dane96

Levi, Sweet LU, ZO and Knotts depart. A Big THANK YOU to all four of you for helping lay the foundation.

3. I expect Iati to be very solid and you just know he will win us a few games with his perimeter scoring or from the foul line to close out games.

5. How much can we expect from Covington and Connelly can/will they get the job done on the interior?

6. New recruits can Gifford or Yocum start or be major contributors as Freshmen.

7. Is Reid Anderson really a Brian Lillis who looks to score? That would make him a very interesting player.

13600[/snapback]

Patch-

So many questions and so much time to answer them all. I think we need an off season thread for each player. I'd like to take a crack at answering all of these at some point.

Lets start easy since I need to get some work done today.

#9. Will Bauman surprise us?

I'm afraid there will be no surprises here. Bauman is a point guard and is currently sitting behind Jamar, Lillis, Iati and potentially Knight for playing time. I do not see him working his way into the regular rotation in 06/07.

Early on in his freshman year, we were losing late in a game at home and needed a 3-pointer with less than a minute remaining. Coach put Bauman out there with a host other 3-point shooters. Needless to say for those of us who remember the 04/05 season, we went home losers of a close home game that night. These were the only meaningful minutes, or seconds I've seen Bauman play and don't expect anything to change in 06/07 barring injury.

Could Bauman earn some time as a zone-buster? I don’t see what he can bring to the floor that Iati doesn’t already bring and I don’t see Iati and Bauman on the floor at the same time from a defensive standpoint.

I don’t see Bauman on the floor unless we are way ahead or desperate for 3-pointer and in severe foul trouble.

13605[/snapback]

Definitely. You have Fillien with Zo's turn-around and don't forget that Eaton was the scouter for the UConn game. Can't argue with results...they're all great personalities as well.

13600[/snapback]

Patch-

So many questions and so much time to answer them all. I think we need an off season thread for each player. I'd like to take a crack at answering all of these at some point.

Lets start easy since I need to get some work done today.

#9. Will Bauman surprise us?

I'm afraid there will be no surprises here. Bauman is a point guard and is currently sitting behind Jamar, Lillis, Iati and potentially Knight for playing time. I do not see him working his way into the regular rotation in 06/07.

Early on in his freshman year, we were losing late in a game at home and needed a 3-pointer with less than a minute remaining. Coach put Bauman out there with a host other 3-point shooters. Needless to say for those of us who remember the 04/05 season, we went home losers of a close home game that night. These were the only meaningful minutes, or seconds I've seen Bauman play and don't expect anything to change in 06/07 barring injury.

Could Bauman earn some time as a zone-buster? I don’t see what he can bring to the floor that Iati doesn’t already bring and I don’t see Iati and Bauman on the floor at the same time from a defensive standpoint.

I don’t see Bauman on the floor unless we are way ahead or desperate for 3-pointer and in severe foul trouble.

13607[/snapback]

1 - There was some weird speculation that he might not be back in this mornings TU. But he will most certainly be back, now that Will is signed to a new contract. He will be an even more mature player. I’m not sure how much more he’s going to develop physically, but mental he will be real tough.

2 - The problem with Lilis isn’t that he’s can’t score, he just hasn’t been real aggressive looking for his shot. I think he can contribute 10/12 ppg next year and look for his as always to do more of the little things that don’t show up in the box score. I’m a big fan of Lillis. With Jordan and Levi gone look for B. Wilson to get more touches. Brent is a face the basket type of player, and he doesn’t have a great inside game. His game is to take people out to the perimeter where he can face them up. He will probably improve but I think only marginally, mostly due to increased touches/time and experience.

3 - Iati will be Iati….spot up and hit 3’s I would probably expect him to play about as much as he’s played this year.

4 - Siggers I think will be one of the bigger keys to next year. I like how he played at stretches this year but at times he seemed to disappear especially going into the end of the year. Although he played lights out mid season. If he can be consistent then he will adequately fill in for LU.

5 - Those of you who read the board here know that I’m a huge fan of Conelly. I’m looking for him to have a great season with added playing time. He’s quick, good hands, confident in his game and has some nice inside moves. With some additional work to get bigger and stronger he can be a horse on the inside. I like Covington but I see him more of an inside defensive player and rebounder. In my book the jury is still out on these two but I think they will turn out to be great players with different roles to play.

6-7-8 Of this incoming class I’m a real big fan of Gifford and Reid Anderson. I mean as much as I can be at this point. We haven’t seen them play a minute but from what I can gather Anderson is a Lillis type player with the hustle, but much more offensive minded. He had numerous 30+ scoring games in HS, appears to have nice size at 6’5” and can obviously fill it up. Gifford will probably take a year to really become a baller but has good size and great hands. Yocum will also be solid in my opinion; he has experience playing with two McD. guys so he was a little overshadowed in HS. Need to put on some weight, a little bit of a tweener at his height I would think. I’m not quite sure about Knight. I don’t even know what to offer on him, anyone else have an idea on what role he would fill?

9 - Baumen will sit on the bench next year.

Edited by bosiydid

Will was on Rodger's show today, he was supposed to be in Chicago but his flight was cancelled.

Said Gifford 'may be 6'11" by now'. People don't understand yet how really good he really can be. Said the bigs don't have to replace Zoellner, they just have to have a presence inside.

This year's team finally learned how hard they really have to work to get the results they want.

And Jamar will stay; he knows he's got more to learn if he wants to play pro.

the thingi think jamar needs to work on is his passing. He can do the jason williams type moves all day, we dont need to question that. The problem i saw was after he made the crazy move, he went to pass, and it went out of bounds, or never connected straight on with his target.

the thingi think jamar needs to work on is his passing. He can do the jason williams type moves all day, we dont need to question that. The problem i saw was after he made the crazy move, he went to pass, and it went out of bounds, or never connected straight on with his target.

13612[/snapback]

A somewhat valid criticism. I would add however that Jamar did not have a finishing big man. If he did he would have led the conference in assist too and TO's would have been much lower. Sometimes he needed to recognize the limitations of his big men and not throw those passes, but other times they would scoot right though somebody's hands on a nice delivery.

13612[/snapback]

A somewhat valid criticism. I would add however that Jamar did not have a finishing big man. If he did he would have led the conference in assist too and TO's would have been much lower. Sometimes he needed to recognize the limitations of his big men and not throw those passes, but other times they would scoot right though somebody's hands on a nice delivery.

13615[/snapback]

I agree with GD84. When he drives to the basket and dishes, I don’t think these passes are easy to catch. You can’t just blame Zo, I’ve seen many others struggle finishing after receiving a Jamar pass in traffic. With that said Jamar was a much better passer in 05/06 than he was in 04/05. I remember many instances in 04/05 where the passes never made it to their target.

13605[/snapback]

I could not agree more with this. I must I do miss hearing "a senior from Richmond Heights, Ohio, number 44 Wiiiiilll Brand"

I know that we will be saying the same thing about "a junior from Da Bronx, NY number 31 Jammmar Willllson" years from now.

I'm going to miss Levi Levine (pron La-vine by many out of town announcers) too. It was guys like Will, Levi and 110% Joe V. who helped build our house.

How many days to midnight madness??

It has the makings of a long summer....

SSS