UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Here's the truth as spoken by Siena Tony

I will say ST is free to run the Siena board as he sees fit. He went through the trouble to set it up and run it for all these years then he can do as he likes. That doesn't mean that you can't make fun of him here however.

I personally am tired of the deleting and the warnings. The next BPF board upgrade will contain a way for me to deliver small electrical shocks to you via your keyboard. Consider yourselves warned.

The thing I take umbrage (Siena fans will need to look that up) with is the unsophisticated fans crack. Several times this year we tailgated with Heineken before games. Granted I didn't buy any of the beer I drank but still tailgating with an imported beer. Totally classy AND sophisticated. No way Binghamton fans are doing that.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, essentially, Dane 96, who Tony regards as one of the informed Dane fans, tries to post on the Siena Board and causes Tony to lock the thread that his pal KnickSaint started to promote their precious tournament - priceless

14478[/snapback]

LOL....I must say...I dont know how I feel having the honor of being an informed poster. I want to take this moment to thank my friends, family, agent, numerous female members of my entourage, Professor Miroff, and....of COURSE DANEPOUND whose vision of this forum has allowed me ample opportunity to hone my skills in order to fight the good fight in enemy territory.

I would like to give a NUU YAWK shout out to my brothers and sisters (yes...Ms. DP, you need to start posting again) of the Purple Kingdom for stating so many versions of sanity, clarity, and fact, that you allowed those in Sienaville to put me on such a high pedestal.

I want to thank Tony as well. It is not often a person can create an atmosphere that borders on such high regard. I mean, censorship is such a fantastic way to put down the minority. I am so enamored by Little T's successful venture.

Thank you all.....

Now...I need to go eat some late night sausage and beer....

MUCH LOVE!!!! :D

Edited by Dane96

Interestingly, I only referred to him as "the disingenuous one" and he responded.  I think he understands.

14485[/snapback]

Well at least he understands something. He doesn't seem to understand why some fans want no part of Siena's/Maac little tournament. "But you get 4 games without leaving Albany" . He can't understand that some Sophisticated fans ask what kind of games is his little tourney going to get. He can't understand that there are a lot of possible better games than what this little tournament could provide.

Interestingly, I only referred to him as "the disingenuous one" and he responded.  I think he understands.

14485[/snapback]

Well at least he understands something. He doesn't seem to understand why some fans want no part of Siena's/Maac little tournament. "But you get 4 games without leaving Albany" . He can't understand that some Sophisticated fans ask what kind of games is his little tourney going to get. He can't understand that there are a lot of possible better games than what this little tournament could provide.

14494[/snapback]

Honestly, I don't think we should be knocking this tournament just yet. I'm more then willing to give it a chance, who knows maybe it will be a great event.

14485[/snapback]

14494[/snapback]

Honestly, I don't think we should be knocking this tournament just yet. I'm more then willing to give it a chance, who knows maybe it will be a great event.

14495[/snapback]

Hey, you are entitled to your opinion. I am coming from the other side of the argument when I take the position that we don't need to rush into this event. Show us some proof first that it is a quality event.

One of the major problems with this tournament is a point that several people here have already posed. The planning for it is a little bit late.

We have contracts with several schools that were signed years ago. UAlbany may already have commitments for those dates.

We may also not want to get into the trap of scheduling too many OOC games. We've already heard from Coach Brown that we are facing a brutal OOC schedule, and I can't imagine it being much more difficult than last year's Florida and UCLA.

One point that nobody, as far as I'm concerned, mentioned in all the discussion on the Siena loss was UAlbany's emotional loss to UCLA with a cross-country flight tacked on a few days before we played our rival at the Pepsi. Our team came out flat in both halves. Do we want a repetition of that scenario again this year?

I'd really like to see the schedule all laid out before I'm willing to grant this last-minute proposal my approval. In future years, it might be a better idea.

The tournament may be very good and there may be some solid reason for us to be involved in it.

Our administration and coaching staff will make that judgement.

At this late time not knowing any team that is involved other than Siena is somewhat scary. With a schedule that is pretty much set there is a good chance that if a team commits to this event they may have to revamp their schedule and could possibly lose games they have committments for because of problems regarding available dates not only for us but for our opponents. If that causes us to lose real home games (games at the RACC) then there is a BIG problem.

Other than UA & Siena how many sub 150 RPI teams are committed to this event. Remember most schools have the schedule 90% set by now and those that needs games have a hard time finding mutually available/convenient open dates.

The MAAC/Siena might be better served holding off for a season and lining up teams know so that teams will block out time for the Tourney in their 07/08 schedule.

IMHO - If we're in it this year fine if not that's OK too!!!!

Dog71 and Patch both bring up valid concerns regarding this tournament, mainly that it is too little too late. Those issues concern me too, but what I still have not seen is how this breaks down financially for all participants. This is a MAAC tournament. So, do they control the receipts, and how are those receipts to be distributed to the participants? How can anyone agree to play in this thing if something as basic as that has yet to be detailed?

I do agree that unfortunatley private message boards are like high school, check your first amendment rights at the door as they do not apply here.

But there are two interpretations to that...

1 - Censorship that occurs because one's comments are obscene and nature and generally offensive and

2 - Censorship that occurs because the person running the board just doesn't like what you are saying and basically sticks his fingers in his ears and starts yelling "I can't hear you!!!!"

While I agree with the first kind as no one should be subjected to vulgar remarks that are probably uncalled for (and yes I am probably guilty of a post or two like that, so I do not get offended when censored like that b/c I know I probably deserve it) the second kind is simply immature and childish and I would expect from a board run by Kindergartner's not supposedly college educated individuals.

Let's play a matching game...match the board with the censorship applied...

BPF = ?

SienaHoops = ?

I think the answer is pretty clear.

14480[/snapback]

BPF= #1

SienaHoops= #2

That's my final answer!

siena sucks like a black hole...

As a Siena poster I'd like to point out that IMO

1) Tony doesn't delete enough posts. There's far too much bickering, etc.

2) When Tony mentioned name calling I believe he meant personal attacks (ie: Tony is xyz) vs. general descriptions (ie: the fan base is xyz)

3) I've found Tony to be fair and a good board moderator

4) dissention is indeed tolerated. Beating a dead horse a hundred times over isn't. No school, organization, whatever is 100% right all the time. There's room to criticize. As a "fan board" it should generally be in support of the institution or at least offer up possible solutions to potential problems. Many dissenters just like throwing rocks with no good intention. That's not what a fan board is for.

Just my opinion

1) Tony doesn't delete enough posts.  There's far too much bickering, etc.

2) When Tony mentioned name calling I believe he meant personal attacks (ie: Tony is xyz) vs. general descriptions (ie: the fan base is xyz)

4) dissention is indeed tolerated.  Beating a dead horse a hundred times over isn't.  No school, organization, whatever is 100% right all the time.  There's room to criticize.  As a "fan board" it should generally be in support of the institution or at least offer up possible solutions to potential problems.  Many dissenters just like throwing rocks with no good intention.  That's not what a fan board is for.

Just my opinion

14514[/snapback]

1) Tony doesn't delete enough posts.  There's far too much bickering, etc.

4) dissention is indeed tolerated.  Beating a dead horse a hundred times over isn't.  No school, organization, whatever is 100% right all the time.  There's room to criticize.  As a "fan board" it should generally be in support of the institution or at least offer up possible solutions to potential problems.  Many dissenters just like throwing rocks with no good intention.  That's not what a fan board is for.

Just my opinion

14514[/snapback]

Siena Glen.

Give me a break with 2. Do you not think call people fools and unsophisticated because they have a different opinion than you isn't name calling.

SienaGlen,

Thanks for sharing you opinion and I do respect it. On this site we have very little bickering.

It is Tony who name calls with things like Albany fans are "unsophisticated" or "clueless" which irritates some of us. He also comes here and is very condescending and rarely if at all has he be deleted or banned that I know of.

Yet on his site sometimes if people post downright facts he deletes them because they don't meet his wants or needs, being the Siena site is "HIS" he can do what he wants but he should also not come to our site and instigate because we will fire back and he can't delete anything. Tony once he's stymied by facts always attacks check all the boards he posts on.

I think it interesting and good for the rivalry that there should be some back and forth banter between the UA faithful and those from Siena but it's shouldn't and won't be a one way street.

Again thanks for your opinion and insight it is appreciated by atleast me even if I don't agree with all of it.

SienaGlen,

I think it interesting and good for the rivalry that there should be some back and forth banter between the UA faithful and those from Siena but it's shouldn't and won't be a one way street.

14520[/snapback]

And everyone on this board would be lying to themselves if they didn't enjoy a little bit of the bickering. I know personally it gives me something to break up the regular routines I go through. There are sometimes that I wish Sienna T and the whole Siena crowd would disappear but as they will learn on the Siena board now that Soup is gone, life without conflict is not life it is just boring!!

So in a way, thanks to the Siena fans for keeping things interesting!!