UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

"As the Siena World Turns"

Dane96

Thanks for setting them straight over at the Siena board. With the amount of nonsense over there it easily could be full time job.

Siena certainly deserves those classless fans given the amount of class they have shown.

The tread was classic Siena fans jumping to insults and incorrect conclusions. Get real, there is only I person in the Albany area who thinks Siena handled the KOJO situation poorly. I have stated that many times also. The fact that KOJO handled it poorly also and the fact that Siena followed NCAA rules does not make Siena's actions any less classless in my opinion.

Also, I am sure I was not the only one that noticed that not one of their posters could give a factual rebuttal to the letter to the editor. The closest one came was Indian91 mentioning she emphasized the wrong points. Well no one is stopping him from writing to the TU.

Edited by bob87

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like someone over on the Loudonvile board is intent on stalking the woman who wrote the letter to the TU. Do I smell legal action? Seems like Disingenuous One who moderates the board over there could also be charged as an accomplice by allowing the disclosure of this woman's personal info in the context in which it was presented.

Sounds like someone over on the Loudonvile board is intent on stalking the woman who wrote the letter to the TU.  Do I smell legal action?  Seems like Disingenuous One who moderates the board over there could also be charged as an accomplice by allowing the disclosure of this woman's personal info in the context in which it was presented.

15460[/snapback]

What letter and where is that posted on their site? I never go over there, but I would like to follow these events as they unfold. Thanks a lot.

Steve, see Patch's notes on the previous page.

My comment was meant to be half-serious. However, after thinking about the situation overnight, I now find it most disturbing, particularly the question "Do you want me to dig further?" I'm not a legal scholar but it seems that this is bordering on stalking. I thought about it in the context of "would I want some moron digging into the details of my wife and daughter's life and then putting it up on a publicly available website?", apparently with the blessing of the moderator. I think not.

Sounds like someone over on the Loudonvile board is intent on stalking the woman who wrote the letter to the TU.  Do I smell legal action?  Seems like Disingenuous One who moderates the board over there could also be charged as an accomplice by allowing the disclosure of this woman's personal info in the context in which it was presented.

15460[/snapback]

What letter and where is that posted on their site? I never go over there, but I would like to follow these events as they unfold. Thanks a lot.

15461[/snapback]

Times-Union letter from Doreen Patry

You'll have to register on the Sienahoop Smack talk to read their discussion

Edited by UAalum72

I think SienaTony has deleted that thread.

I guess it was natural they assumed it was an Albany fan who wrote the letter. Of the $iena fans I know they're pretty much split 50/50 on if Siena did the right thing or not.

What letter and where is that posted on their site?  I never go over there, but I would like to follow these events as they unfold.  Thanks a lot.

15461[/snapback]

Steve,

The letter is posted on the Siena board. The thread was moved from the regular site to the Siena Smack Board. It was done immediately after I posted my concerns about the treatment of Patch over on the regular board. Here's the link"

http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-top...fid=7155&taid=3

You will probably have to register with the site to gain access to the Smack Board. It's been relatively quiet since the original remarks were made. Some Siena posters were also concerned about "outting" the letter writer and daughter. It's nice to see some people still have some ethical concerns.

What letter and where is that posted on their site?  I never go over there, but I would like to follow these events as they unfold.  Thanks a lot.

15461[/snapback]

Steve,

The letter is posted on the Siena board. The thread was moved from the regular site to the Siena Smack Board. It was done immediately after I posted my concerns about the treatment of Patch over on the regular board. Here's the link"

http://www.arborwood.com/awforums/show-top...fid=7155&taid=3

You will probably have to register with the site to gain access to the Smack Board. It's been relatively quiet since the original remarks were made. Some Siena posters were also concerned about "outting" the letter writer and daughter. It's nice to see some people still have some ethical concerns.

15465[/snapback]

Thanks. This sure is mind-boggling.

Not sure if this constitutes stalking-- maybe 4th degree. However, it sure constiutes crazy.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

From the MAAC Board....

Mensah was at Rutgers on Thursday and Friday of this week visiting with former Siena assistant, Craig Carter.

With all the talk about Duquense's possible tampering - now this pops up.

Interesting coincidence.

I think Kojo made his decision to leave after 2 members of the Siena Staff decided to go to other jobs.

Evidently he just wasn't happy at Siena, his biggest mistake may have been allowing himself to be talked into staying and giving the new coaching staff a year.

You just can't make this stuff up!!!!!

I think Kojo made his decision to leave after 2 members of the Siena Staff decided to go to other jobs.

15516[/snapback]

If that is true, you can't blame Kojo for the timing of leaving Siena. If that is true, Kojo could have said so and handled leaving a lot better. Of coarse he is just a kid who still has to mature and learn. I am more willing to excuse him than I am Siena's stance.

• 1 month later...

In order to write something Siena related in the Fall ( a tough task) the TU and Siena beat writer choose to keep the KOJO story alive with an article including a photo of Kojo. Due to the lack of new info this 1/4 page article with photo could have been condensed to a transaction type blurb of a few words.

Instead of writing about this years Saints....... the return of Haddix, the recent play of T. Fisher overseas or the Saints incoming class all Pete Iorizzo could do is get some more intelligent quotes from D'Argenio.....

From today's TU....

Asked if he would have released Mensah to speak with Duquesne, D'Argenio said, "I'm not really sure. I can't answer that."

Come on Mr. D'Argenio give us an honest answer ("I'm not really sure") if you suspected them of tampering I doubt you would release Kojo to Duquense. I wonder how the Siena faithful feel about their AD's honesty or straight forwardness.

He (D'Argenio) added that Siena will not pursue tampering charges.

"It's behind us," D'Argenio said. "We're moving on."

I guess it's OK to act tough with Kojo, a college Sophmore, but it's a whole differnt story taking on another DI school - that might cost some bucks and ruffle some feathers in the DI Fraternity. I guess Siena's Administration isn't willing to go that far.

Edited by Patch

I found some of Kojo's advisors quote pretty funny. Most of them claimed they didn't know where he was going to college. A month ago they were fighting for his right to transfer, choose a school, etc, etc. Now they don't even know where he's enrolled?

In order to write something Siena related in the Fall ( a tough task) the TU and Siena beat writer choose to keep the KOJO story alive with an article including a photo of Kojo. Due to the lack of new info this 1/4 page article with photo could have been condensed to a transaction type blurb of a few words.

Instead of writing about this years Saints....... the return of Haddix, the recent play of T. Fisher overseas or the Saints incoming class all Pete Iorizzo could do is get some more intelligent quotes from D'Argenio.....

From today's TU....

Asked if he would have released Mensah to speak with Duquesne, D'Argenio said, "I'm not really sure. I can't answer that."

Come on Mr. D'Argenio give us an honest answer ("I'm not really sure") if you suspected them of tampering I doubt you would release Kojo to Duquense. I wonder how the Siena faithful feel about their AD's honesty or straight forwardness.

-----------------------------

Patch, I've refrained from commenting on your posts on this subject but please, ripping the TU for running an article is pretty weak. You do realize that there was an AP article filed yesterday with quotes from Kojo about his transfer to Duquense, right?

Personally, I thought Siena should of just let him go but I can understand their position, especially since the tampering was far from subtle. Problem is, guys like Everhard and Ostrin are good at what they do, no way Siena was ever going to be able to prove anything. As a Siena fan, you want it over with, but it still is news. When EJ Gallup left UAlbany, his transfer got quite a bit of attention as well, including when he ended up making a decision.

I don't blame Mensah for leaving ... in fact, I wish him the best at Duquense and beyond. If this was the right move for him then so be it. I do, however, wish ill to Everhard as it is pretty apparent that he'll do whatever it takes, including pushing the envelope with regards to ethics, in his quest for success.

Quackman - I honestly respect your opinion.

I just think your AD comes off sounding like a baffoon....

I also think your beat writer should have alot more stuff that is of a positive nature to write about Siena, then Kojo and he even include a picture of Kojo with it.

Why not write a peice about Haddix or the freshman class and include a picture.

By the way I see Iorizzo also wrote a piece today on UA Football which wasn't very good or inspiring either.