UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UNREAL jealousy

I know it has been mentioned, and I dont usually do stuff like this, but I clicked over to the Siena forum. Ouch. Not only are they pissed that UA got a #13, but that Niagara got the PIG.

My favorite example...

"Albany would finish 6th in the MAAC OR LOWER. Jamar doesnt look nearly as good as he did last year.

they would be ...

0-2 vs Marist (a laugher, just a bad matchupfor UA)

0-2 vs Loyola (G Brown would be the best guard on the court by far)

0-2 vs Niagara (noone to handle Brown, Miles or Fisher)

0-2 vs Siena (they played a very young Siena team early in the season, if they played again it would be a pretty easy Siena win)

0-2 vs Rider (NOONE to handle Thompson)

1-1 vs Manhattan (home team wins)

1-1 vs Fairfield (home team wins and quite possibly two losses for UA)

1-1 vs Canisius

2-0 vs Iona

2-0 vs St Peters

NEXT year its even worse...but i guess thats how it goes for a conference like the AE

if Iona + St Peters + Niagara suspensions dont happen ... you can add 40 points to just about every MAAC RPI. I think Siena finishes around 80-90 in the RPI... "

I know it has been mentioned, and I dont usually do stuff like this, but I clicked over to the Siena forum. Ouch. Not only are they pissed that UA got a #13, but that Niagara got the PIG.

My favorite example...

"Albany would finish 6th in the MAAC OR LOWER. Jamar doesnt look nearly as good as he did last year.

they would be ...

0-2 vs Marist (a laugher, just a bad matchupfor UA)

0-2 vs Loyola (G Brown would be the best guard on the court by far)

0-2 vs Niagara (noone to handle Brown, Miles or Fisher)

0-2 vs Siena (they played a very young Siena team early in the season, if they played again it would be a pretty easy Siena win)

0-2 vs Rider (NOONE to handle Thompson)

1-1 vs Manhattan (home team wins)

1-1 vs Fairfield (home team wins and quite possibly two losses for UA)

1-1 vs Canisius

2-0 vs Iona

2-0 vs St Peters

NEXT year its even worse...but i guess thats how it goes for a conference like the AE

if Iona + St Peters + Niagara suspensions dont happen ... you can add 40 points to just about every MAAC RPI. I think Siena finishes around 80-90 in the RPI... "

Who cares?

All that matters is UAlbany is still playing & Siena isn't.

[quote

All that matters is UAlbany is still playing & Siena isn't.

the way I look at is that someone has to work on thursday and Friday to keep the capital district running financially as all U Albany alum will be at the game or watching from home......(oops they really don't matter except for a few important roles)

I find comfort knowing that when I order my food for the games that Siena alumni will be there in 30 minutes or less with my pizza.

Wait that Saint always gets lost or forgets something but at least I get a discount on the order.

Two things I expect to hear from most Bing fans and a portion of Siena fans:

1. "Now your coach is going to leave"

2. "You'll never be able to replace your seniors"

What I'll hear is "blah, blah, blah, I'm jealous, blah, blah, blah"

You stick with your team through the bad years for the good years and these have been some great years. Let's just enjoy them

Two things I expect to hear from most Bing fans and a portion of Siena fans:

1. "Now your coach is going to leave"

2. "You'll never be able to replace your seniors"

What I'll hear is "blah, blah, blah, I'm jealous, blah, blah, blah"

You stick with your team through the bad years for the good years and these have been some great years. Let's just enjoy them

DP,

Exactly the same stuff that we heard last year, word for word.

You are right on with your post.

I agree with DP. To date, I don't think I even seen Loudenville Area Technical College's forum.

My $.02: The MAAC just can't keep up with the A.E. It's not their fault; it's just basic economics. The America East features major "flagship" universities with strong undergraduate and graduate programs from many of its schools (and believe it or not, though our undergraduate program is moving up, we are still near the bottom 1/3 of the America East for undergraduate ranking if you can believe that, though graduate school rankings are a completely different story), and the MAAC features mostly small jesuit schools that offer little to no graduate programs. It's really not even fair to compare the MAAC and America East, because IMHO, overall (meaning, athletics and academics), there simply is no comparison. If you want a nationally recognized degree, go to a school in the America East. If you want a $80,000+ liberal arts degree, a 13:1 student-to-teacher ratio, and an enrollment number smaller than our average basketball attendance, go to a school in the MAAC. While a few months ago, ESPN or fans at Miami (FL) might not have known about schools like, for example, Binghamton, those in the academic community are well aware of the schools in the America East.

Regarding a Siena vs. UAlbany comparison, and by way of example, consider these questions: how many division I sports does Siena involve itself in, as compared to UAlbany? What are the budgets of each school, broken down into their various categories (athletics, scholarships, etc.)? How many types doctoral degrees does Siena offer and how many graduates each year do they produce (for all degrees)? How many doctoral programs at Siena are ranked in the top 10 nationally (UAlbany currently has 3, and I believe at least one or two more in the top 20)? LCC is fighting a losing battle. They should really concentrate on schools like Marist and Manhattan and other comparable schools --- not major universities known throughout the academic community as solid graduate institutions in a variety of fields.

UA_MA_2000, let's not attack Siena's academic reputation. This is a basketball forum and is not the place to have that discussion. With regards to college basketball, the MAAC is traditionally a much stronger conference than the AE despite differences in the athletic budgets. That is just a fact. This year was sort of an aberration in that the AE had a higher RPI by a few spots. However, when you look at the head to head comparison, the MAAC still had a winning record against AE teams this year. I will admit that Albany and Vermont did very well this year, but other than those teams, the AE is pretty weak top to bottom.

I know I will be attacked in subsequent posts, but I could not resist responding to a post that undermined the academic reputation of Siena. Congratulations on an excellent tournament seed, and good luck against Virginia. I honestly think that Albany can win that game.

Archived