UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Boston Postgame

It is official...Brian Lillis is a man on a mission! I mean my gosh.

Great shooting tonight from the team overall and good FT and rebounding especially.

This game only became close because of turnovers...same story all season. At the same time, we are starting to have issues guarding the outside 3-point shooter. Lowe was given wide open opportunities from the outside tonight.

nice victory overall however.

Brian Lillis had a great game. It was a good road win. I got a bit nervous there with the late turnovers but it all ended well. Lets build on this win.

Any victory on the road is a good victory.

- Lillis is playing like a man possessed....again turned in a POY type of effort. The man can't be stopped right now. 27pts, 12 reb....unreal!

- I really like how Brett is starting to come on.....looks very confident, battles down low for lose ball. 4pts, 6 reb, 1stl....and took up allot of space in the paint. The charge he drew towards the end of the game on Morris (I believe) was huge and stemmed any momentum BU might have had. One of those plays that doesn't show up in the boxscore but was huge.

- Brian got some help from Jerel (6pts, 4reb and 1blk) and Brent (12pts, 5reb and a block), Jerel is also starting to look more confident.

Team came out with a ton of energy, answered the call of coach Brown and manned up on the road even though they gave back a huge lead. I was bitting my fingernails when it got down to 1pt lead but they regrouped and got it done.

On to Hartford this Saturday.....being 3 and 2 is much better then 2 and 3. Conversely.....being 4-2 versus 3-3 is also a big difference. Hartford lost in heartbreaking fashion today.....last second 3 pt, putting together a nice season though.

27 and 12 for Lillis. Before the game coach said he was the most valuable player in the league, not saying he was the best. After the game coach said he's the best player in the league right now.

Good effort from Brent considering coach said he's got the flu.

6 boards for Giffy, scoring from Hastings and Connelly. Outrebounded BU 38-20

Still got to take care of the ball better.

How's that Lillis-1000 watch going, haggy?

I will confess that I missed the game due to a prior commitment, but did BU really outscore UA 16 to 1 in the final two minutes of the first half? Even after UA had a 17 point lead? What happened there?

Edit: There must be something wrong with ESPN's Play-by-Play as it may only be 10 to 1 in the last two minutes. I guess ESPN was too busy promoting itself to make sure the game recap was right.

No they did...but it was because of HORRID officiating. The officials evaluation team sat right behind the Albany section. It was so bad that we had half our team on the bench during that run with two fouls each.

I was in the lobby and a BU fan said "THANK G-D FOR THE REFS...THEY ARE KEEPING US IN THE GAME."

No they did...but it was because of HORRID officiating. The officials evaluation team sat right behind the Albany section. It was so bad that we had half our team on the bench during that run with two fouls each.

I was in the lobby and a BU fan said "THANK G-D FOR THE REFS...THEY ARE KEEPING US IN THE GAME."

Paul Faia, Ben Vasconcells, Bill Laubenstein

What do you say to getting an officiating thread going where we can casually rate these guys?

Or do we risk defamation charges?

I have little to lose...

Free Rob Moores!! OK, maybe not time for that yet but he gave us some nice minutes. He's looked very quick the couple of times I've seen him this year and seemed to fit in well last night.

The Lillis transformation into a scorer has been incredible to watch and he's still playing great defense. Probably one of Giffs better games although he played well against Vermont as well.

That was probably the fewest number of 3s I've seen us take all year and maybe in a couple of years. Seemed like they weren't going to settle for outside shots unless it was wide open. I know Iati has recieved some criticism here but he seems to have become more selective with his shots. That one 3 he did hit after the Lowe miss was huge.

If Corey Lowe were on our team I think he would drive me crazy. Going into this game I was concerned with him driving the ball inside but it seemed like all he wanted to do was hoist long range shots the whole game. He's a good shooter but that didn't seem like what BU needed from him.

DP - Great Post.

Seldom used Rob Moores answered the call and got us 4 big points and worked extremely hard on "D".

Jon Iati is just so under appreciated - from the Singelais Blog it appears he's struggling to practice, yet he goes out their and competes and never makes excuses. The one thing we have always seen with Jon is he's going to always give you solid effort, he's a true competitor.

This team did seem to be very selective from three.

Lillis, well he has done it all, offensively, defensively and still all the intangibles.

Giff really did all the little things to help us get the win.

As for Lowe it appeared he was looking to attack more but everytime he tried the lane was shut down.

Overall good road win, ANY ROAD WIN IS A GOOD ONE!!!

Not that there were a ton, but how did Moores score his 2 baskets? And what is his playing style similar to? I know we haven't seen him much, but I figured it was worth asking

He scored on a 3pt shot and hit one of two FT's. To me, he seemed a little uncomfortable at times handling the ball when pressured, unlike Josh who has the ball on a string. But what can we expect, he hasn't gotten into to many games. For the most part though he was OK bringing the ball up, with Lillis on the bench with foul trouble his minutes and the ability to advance the ball were very important. Seems to have good quickness though not blinding. Can't really gage his ability to see the floor, feed the post, run a team because he hasn't gotten much burn. We needed him last night and he did what he needed to do to help the team. No telling what kind of player he can be if he gets some more minutes/experience but he has to earn his playing time like everyone else. Last night was a positive step in that direction, IMO.

Archived