UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Vermont Postgame

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can I add I wish both schools would promote these games/series as "Border Wars"....having Will Brown say that last night made it sound good. Considering how great the games have been over the past 3-4 years, I think it is becoming clear that these two have the best rivalry in the AE.

can I add I wish both schools would promote these games/series as "Boarder Wars"....having Will Brown say that last night made it sound good. Considering how great the games have been over the past 3-4 years, I think it is becoming clear that these two have the best rivalry in the AE.

Great game. Great win. A very necessary win after Hartford. These freshman will be great in their junior and senior years.

I agree with you whole-heartedly GreatDanes06. What builds programs are rivalries. A "border war" with Vermont will help bring out the crowds. Everyone already hates the People's Republic of Vermont as it is, so building a rivalry is pretty easy :P

This article demonstrates what happens when you build a "border war". Everyone gets worked up and it only helps to promote the university.

http://www.ajc.com/services/content/metro/...=7&cxcat=13

can I add I wish both schools would promote these games/series as "Border Wars"....having Will Brown say that last night made it sound good. Considering how great the games have been over the past 3-4 years, I think it is becoming clear that these two have the best rivalry in the AE.

Were many UA fans present at the game last night? Did the game sell out?

Box score said it was 500 short of a sellout. I looked but didn't see any UA fans on TV. I think the UVM band was just behind our bench.

UAalum72,

Thanks for the info. Immediately afterward, I saw the attendance figure posted in the TU article. Duh! Should have checked it out before posting.

If there were few UA fans in the crowd, then the win there is even more impressive. On the other hand, I just can't figure this team out.

Only the 5th game I've seen all year, I was extremely impressed with the way our guys played up at Vermont. Tim Ambrose, impressed me once again. In the five games I've seen so far, I have not seen a defensive stopper from him by any means, but I think there's too much griping about his defense. It didn't look THAT bad to me. And he was playing a pretty good guard in Kyle Cipelicki. Ambrose is a tremendous talent and once he gets more experience and matures, he's going to be one helluva player.

It didnt look bad because he has worked on it since the beginning of the year. He spends breaks with Coach Friel who walks him through stuff. He is asking questions.

He has self-admitted he didnt understand how to play defense because he wasn't required to at Our Saviour.

So, there WAS a reason to gripe.

Box score said it was 500 short of a sellout. I looked but didn't see any UA fans on TV. I think the UVM band was just behind our bench.

I was not there this year due to not taking time off from work. I only saw a few Albany fans on TV. The UVM band was behind our bench in the section to the right. Section 10 if I remember correctly. Our fans would be in section 8 I think. I saw one Brian Lillis fan club t shirt right after the game.

olddog71 - I think most of us didn't have high expectations going into this game, and those who now say they knew this would happen are either geniuses or Bullsh$tters.

But no matter what happens the guys who the coach puts on the floor are trying to do their best, sometimes it doesn't workout for them.

I can understand blasting a salaried coach (that in their job description) but I don't understand blasting a player. What's the kid suppose to do - say coach I think you should play someone else?

This is a strange season. Usually at this point of the season, you get a good sense of what to expect whether good or bad. I still don't know what to expect. I was talking to a big supporter over the weekend and neither of us would be surprised if we lost the first round in Bingo or be surprised if we won both games at Bingo. On the same token, I am not surprised that we beat Vermont, but I would not have been surprised if we had lost there. Also, while I am hoping the good play continues against Maine, I would be disappointed but not surprised if it did not.

Archived