UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Season Ticket Renewals

I'm among the old and stuffy in Section 200.

I'm hoping the inclusion of the tourney tickets puts to rest the idea of moving the tourney. I don't think the UA ticket office would send them out if it were still a possibility. Although I didn't see any announcement from the conference about it.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please, I hope nobody took my "old and stuffy" the wrong way...

What I meant was that for most games, I am a wanderer...I will sit here, there, and everywhere.

Often near the chairbacks, I will cheer, often to get vile looks of outrage.

And, as bosiydid said, would it kill them to stand and cheer on a play?

I'm a recent grad and sit in section 200. I cheer my ass off and haven't noticed anybody getting pissed off. It is a little older but as long as your not yelling out @#$% every minute most people are cool. I like to be loud (defense, defense etc..) but not vulgar, cheering etiquete I guess. I would like it though if more people got involved to make it harsher environment. I sometimes find myself alone chanting and then having to nudge my dad to join me. I think we need GDG to stop over during the game to rile our section up.

Just sent in our renewals....we like DP are old codgers but we sit across the way in 600...we try to keep the other old codgers near us on thier toes and on their feet for 40 minutes!!!! Its nice to see the prices staying level in these inflationary times...I also liked the concept of throwing in the Siena tix for early pay of seasons and AEast tix...that's a real nice touch and if you think about it...it makes the Loudonville game part of our home game season tix...now if we could only be the home team!!...Oh well that's another story for another day.....I will be interested to see where the add'l chairbacks will be placed...strikes me that 300 is sort of an odd number... not nearly enough to cover an entire section and since one would think there'd be parity/symmetry around the arena that would suggest 150 a side...unless I am way off in my figuring...that means about 10 rows per side if they are all placed in one of the two large sections on the sidelines...just curious...I am glad to see them put more chairs in...it would be nice to see both sidelines set up that way...kinda like what the Cuse did at good 'ole Manley just before they built that "other place"....

I seem to recall 672 as the number of existing chairbacks, 16 per row x 21 rows. Are the top and bottom rows not currently chaired? Those, plus three on the other side of each aisle outside the center sections might come to 300 +/-

Because we can get our old seats, I don't think they'd be reconfiguring by making the center section wider and moving the aisles.

I seem to recall 672 as the number of existing chairbacks, 16 per row x 21 rows. Are the top and bottom rows not currently chaired? Those, plus three on the other side of each aisle outside the center sections might come to 300 +/-

Because we can get our old seats, I don't think they'd be reconfiguring by making the center section wider and moving the aisles.

Don't forget they are on each side, so 1200 1300 or 1400 in total.

16 seats X 21 rows = 336 X 2 sides= 672

There may be 24 or 25 rows but I don't remember the top and bottom having chairbacks. 672 is my ballpark guess, certainly under 800 total.

There may be 24 or 25 rows but I don't remember the top and bottom having chairbacks. 672 is my ballpark guess, certainly under 800 total.

sorry wasn't doing the math well today

Your numbers sound about right...and I forgot about the top and bottom bleachers.

Archived