UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Recruiting

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NYC Hoops is reporting Iona Prep guard Sandro Carissimo has offers from Davidson, Brown, Holy Cross, Harvard, and Albany. Pretty sure he plays for the same AAU team that Levi played for.

DP,

Thanks for pinning the '09 and '10 thread....the staff is working on the '10 class and it will help greatly to keep all of the recruiting info we come across in one thread.

• 2 weeks later...

NYC Hoops are saying we've offered Jo-Jo Swift of NIA Prep School in Newark, NJ. Here's the description of him from the Gym Rat Challenge:

Jo Jo Swift (5-10 PG) Brooklyn Ballers: His last name is also an apt description. Lightning-quick point guard who goes into the lane without fear and can finish. Outstanding both in transition and in the half-court. His ability to get past defenders creates opportunities for teammates, and he knows how to get the ball to them. Also has an outstanding shot, both from midrange and beyond the stripe. Can create openings for himself to get his own shot. “I think my shooting is the best part of my game,” said Swift, after being named the event’s co-MVG. He showed that with a 30-point effort in a semifinal-round contest. However, most observers were equally impressed with his ability to run a team. Has heard from Providence, San Francisco, UNC-Wilmington, Navy and UAlbany.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Scout.com list us as having some interesting Devyn Erwin who played for City Rocks. He is currently a freshmen at Broward CC in FL.

There is quite a bit of information available via Google (not all good) so I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about him since he is from this area.

Hoopscoop had him rated very high a couple of years ago at #260 and apparently he is a tremendous athlete.

NYC Hoops are saying we've offered Jo-Jo Swift of NIA Prep School in Newark, NJ. Here's the description of him from the Gym Rat Challenge:

Jo Jo Swift (5-10 PG) Brooklyn Ballers: His last name is also an apt description. Lightning-quick point guard who goes into the lane without fear and can finish. Outstanding both in transition and in the half-court. His ability to get past defenders creates opportunities for teammates, and he knows how to get the ball to them. Also has an outstanding shot, both from midrange and beyond the stripe. Can create openings for himself to get his own shot. “I think my shooting is the best part of my game,” said Swift, after being named the event’s co-MVG. He showed that with a 30-point effort in a semifinal-round contest. However, most observers were equally impressed with his ability to run a team. Has heard from Providence, San Francisco, UNC-Wilmington, Navy and UAlbany.

I think Swift is #11 in this picture (front-center). The picture makes Swift look more like 210 not 180 lbs. He looks built:

http://niaprepeagles.com/roster.html

Videos of players posted, but no videos of Swift yet (although more are promised to come).

• 1 month later...

ESPN has updated the recruitment page of John Puk giving him a score of 79 (#73 center) same score as Gavin Glanton and had this to say.....

March, 2009: Upside is one way to describe Puk. He has great size but needs to add strength. He runs well and has good hands. He game at this point is all back to the basket. Puk scores with jumps hooks, from drop off passes created by guard penetration and the occasional finish in transition. He is a decent athlete and should be a productive system player at Albany.

• 1 month later...

Something I found interesting....apparently at some point between today and yesterday scout.com reevaluated Doug and now has him a 3 star prospect instead of 1 star he had yesterday. This guy is starting to blow up...I know we've been on him for a long while now....

Archived