UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Albany @ Columbia

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Workman like road win....time for the Quakers!!!

Yes...we just got it done today especially on the defensive end. I know Coach Brown had some concern whether or not this team will be able to defend...I think so far this season they have answered that question. Good win, never in doubt after the first 10 minutes, now let's get ready for a tough Penn team.

There probably aren't many D1 teams we could beat with a performance like this. But it is a W.

We are hurt by getting no offense at the 5. Gifford shows no ability to roll to the basket, receive a pass, and make a shot.

Siena ate us up last year early in the game with full court pressure. It looks like they might be able to do that again.

There probably aren't many D1 teams we could beat with a performance like this. But it is a W.

We are hurt by getting no offense at the 5. Gifford shows no ability to roll to the basket, receive a pass, and make a shot.

Siena ate us up last year early in the game with full court pressure. It looks like they might be able to do that again.

To early to talk Siena just yet!

To early to talk Siena just yet!

We'll just use the line they adapted for who-knows-how-many-years. "But we're young!"

According to CBS Sportsline: "Tim Ambrose had 13 points and Brian Connelly added 11 for Albany (3-2), which won easily despite an awful shooting performance from long range. The Great Danes were 0-for-11 on 3-point attempts, failing to make a 3 for the first time in 268 games as a Division I team."

I'm thinking we're in a decent place when we win by 17 on the road and most of us thought we didn't play particularly well. Good to see Hastings have a good night - 15 points in 17 minutes on the floor.

Penn lost to Penn St. 85-73 tonight.

Fun with realtime RPI. It's up to 33!!

Although it wasn't a pretty night, it's a win on the road in NYC.

I'll take it going into my Thanksgiving feast.

Some things I'm quite giddy about:

Tim Ambrose, causing flashbacks of Jamar .... I'm excited about 3 more years.

Our speed. And our push up the floor.

Our perimeter movement.

We are getting the ball around the outside very quickly, in comparison to years gone by.

Our ball handling / dribbling by our guards is greatly improved.

I think we need to use it to break the initial press.. Can't just catch the inbounds, and wait

all the time for a player to get open. I loved the play where we broke the press by going long. We

need that more often. A great way to get them back to half court, is to burn the skin off their azz.

I thought Aronholt might be redshirting.

Maybe Lindfors? I think it would be fantastic for his development if Lindfors redshirted. He could be a stud with a front line of Metcalf, Gifford, and Harris next year.

Ask and ye receive - Singelais' blog says Lindfors will redshirt this year

Archived