UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UAlbany @ Hartford

Hartford will be coming off a loss on Tuesday night to Stanford, 69-55, at Maples Pavilion (CA). I plan on going to the game. If anyone wants to carpool to Hartford, feel free to PM me and meet me at the exit 21 park & ride, located just off the Thruway. It's a relatively short drive from Greene County, and with an early Saturday afternoon game (and no more holidays to worry about), I hope a lot of us can make it out there!

STANFORD, CA – The University of Hartford men’s basketball team dropped a 69-55 final at Stanford University on Tuesday night at Maples Pavilion.

Hartford (4-9 overall) trailed by as many as 16 points in the second half but trimmed the deficit to seven at 60-53 with 5:30 to play following five straight points from freshman Genesis Maciel. The Hawks then forced turnovers on the next two Stanford possessions but couldn’t convert them into points.

Stanford (10-0 overall) pumped the lead back to 12 with buckets on their next two possessions to seal the win. The Cardinal shot 44 percent in the contest and forced 18 Hartford turnovers. Mitch Johnson led four Stanford players in double figures with 14 points.

Senior Michael Turner led the Hawks with 14 points in his return to his home state. Classmate Jaret von Rosenberg added 13 points and five rebounds while sophomore Morgan Sabia and Maciel chipped in with 11 points each.

Hartford begins America East play on Saturday, January 3 against Albany. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m. at Chase Arena at the Reich Family Pavilion.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will absolutely be at the game as well!! Are you calling in advance for your ticket?? Is there a particular section to ask to be seated in?

Section 109 is where Albany fans sit. There should be tickets available.

I'll be there too unless the weather stinks and there is a bus going to the game.

I will absolutely be at the game as well!! Are you calling in advance for your ticket?? Is there a particular section to ask to be seated in?

Yeah, for transportation and a ticket you can sign up hereif it isnt too late...so maybe call the Alumni Association and ask..

http://www.alumniconnections.com/olc/pub/U...tscalendar.html

A quick look at the numbers....

- Hartford enters this game with a record of 4-9, they've played a tough schedule though. Uconn, Penn St, Rhode Island, Niagara, Baylor, Stanford....ouch! They have an RPI of 181 and their SoS is 68....considering the results in the OOC portion of the schedule, they probably over scheduled a bit. They've had a couple of head scratching losses....losing to Brown by 10, it took them two OT's to beat SFNY at home, losing to Q at home?????

- Looking at their numbers on defense...it's a bit hard to predict how they will fair in AE play as they've played a large number of games against what could be considered up competition. Strictly by the numbers thought....the opposition is shooting 39% from the outside on them, 53% from 2 point range, that's good for 311 and 301 in the country....not good D. They appear to struggle rebounding the rock, couple that with the fact that we are one of the better rebounding teams in the country and this could spell serious trouble for the Hawks. I expect a healthy rebounding advantage for our Danes. They do not block many shots, probably for the same reason they have a tough time rebounding, they are not a big team and they hack and whack allot sending teams to the stripe.

- On offense....They are a very good shooting team, their effective FG% (combination of 2pt and 3pt field goals where 3pt fg are weight a bit more) is a very solid 50% which would rank them 112 in the country. They are one of the worst offensive rebounding teams in the country (338). They shoot about 69% from the stripe as a team which is about middle of the road.

Going into the conference portion of the schedule, if we can steal a couple on the road and take care of business at home we can be very successful. Our schedule is very difficult to start the in conference portion, if we are to be one of the top teams in the conference this is a crucial stretch for us. We start with Hartford (away), Boston (home), UVM (away), Bingo (home).

Is the above picture posted by DP the buss people are taking to the game? If so......were going to sell out that place....home game away from home!

I dunno about that bus. I think I'd pay to get OFF that bus but I'm not sure I'd pay to get on it!

It'll be interesting to see how we bounce back after the Kansas game and handle whatever Hartford throws at us. So far I've thought teams that can make us try and run a lot of half court offense (or we do it to ourselves) have done well against us.

I think there are 4 tickets left for the bus trip tomorrow.

My own fault for waiting until so late, but can anyone confirm if this is still the case? I'll probably call in the AM, but if I cannot get through to Alumni Association Saturday morning, would they sell a seat/ticket to someone who just showed up if there were some still available?

Archived