UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA Women's BBall

I tell ya he would be one hell of a recruiter.

"He could see a ketchup Popsicle to a woman is white gloves."

I'm confused as to what that quote means ... am I just being dense again?

I think the quote should read...."He could sell a ketchup Popsicle to a woman in white gloves" Kind of like...."he could sell ice to an Eskimo" meaning he is a great recruiter/salesman.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly I think the recruiting strategy (if you can call it that) is lets find the best AAU player we can find that would be willing to come to Albany. Hey if you like to go to school thousands of miles from your family and have a low basketball I.Q. come to Albany! A free education and all the turnovers you can commit!

I sincerely believe she will be back because of the economy. Albany is going to have to break the bank for a proven winner...or a real up and comer. They will want $$$$. We arent going to pay the salary of two coaches.

Trina will be here for one more season...and unless she wins the AE Title next year...she will be packing her bags. Much like DP...I dont wish a firing on anyone...but Trina has just failed MISERABLY at this job.

Honestly I don't think women's coaches make that much money unless your at a BCS school. She surely cant be getting paid what Will Brown is being paid so im not sure the economy is on the mind of McElroy when he has to do the programs port-mortem.

I don't think the program should go with a proven winner as even coach Patterson had a 20 win season to her credit. They should be looking for that eager assistant that is looking for his/her shot at head coaching. Shea Ralph and Jamelle Elliot are names that could fit that role perfectly and might find it intriguing to coach against a former husky.

Honestly, if we did fire her and went bargain basement to get a coach could it get any worse? I could coach them and Ill get you three wins.

Honestly I don't think women's coaches make that much money unless your at a BCS school. She surely cant be getting paid what Will Brown is being paid so im not sure the economy is on the mind of McElroy when he has to do the programs port-mortem.

I don't think the program should go with a proven winner as even coach Patterson had a 20 win season to her credit. They should be looking for that eager assistant that is looking for his/her shot at head coaching. Shea Ralph and Jamelle Elliot are names that could fit that role perfectly and might find it intriguing to coach against a former husky.

Honestly, if we did fire her and went bargain basement to get a coach could it get any worse? I could coach them and Ill get you three wins.

Go look at Trina's record at William and Mary-- she is far from a proven winner. She had one 20 win season with someone elses recruits. She had a ton of well...well....south of .500 seasons. Sounds familiar.

Worst Hire...and Worst Extension in McElroy's tenure.

It may be a bit outdated, based on any increases with her extension last year, but she makes about $105,000 in base salary.

Exactly! And I simply just dont think we are going to dole out 220-240k in salaries to one team. Remember...a new coach will negotiate her Assistants as well. This would cost us.

Archived