UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BU RELEASES RIVERA, 4 OTHERS

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Get rid of the coach! The same for the athletic director

while they're at it. Funny how things work themselves out

in the end.

It made me sick even looking at that entire program.

Get a bucket, soap, and bleach...

scrub that program and the athletic department inside and out,

and maybe, just maybe, Binghamton can re-earn

the right to associate themselves with REAL

State University of New York Universities programs.

Unbelievable. I understand some of the moves, though I certainly hope that these guys were actually doing something wrong AT Bingo. I mean, I havent been paying especially close attention, but I hadn't heard of about Rivera or the lesser known guys doing anything wrong since they transferred (Tiki and Malik are different stories). Based solely on timing, I would hate to hear that guys making good on their second chances suffer because the school suddenly started caring about their reputation.

I feel like Broadus has had this coming for a long time

Get rid of the coach! The same for the athletic director

while they're at it. Funny how things work themselves out

in the end.

It made me sick even looking at that entire program.

Get a bucket, soap, and bleach...

scrub that program and the athletic department inside and out,

and maybe, just maybe, Binghamton can re-earn

the right to associate themselves with REAL

State University of New York Universities programs.

That's the thing that seems wrong still. You get rid of the players but keep the coach who assembled them? I'm sure they can rebuild their image but I don't see how you do it with the coach who crashed the ship into the rocks in the first place.

Then again if you have to buy KB out for four or five years you're taking quite a hit.

This is bad for Bing but doesn't do us any favors as they're not creating a climate that's favorable for any of the DI Sunys to ask for funding, etc for athletics.

From a visual standpoint, binghamton did not represent SUNY very well.

Ugly and scary looking... I'd hate for people around the country

thinking that's what SUNY resembles.

Instead of hurting the other 3 University centers, maybe the 3 will receive

the athletic funding Binghamton would have gotten instead. I'd be happy with that.

I assume all of the players released were doing something wrong. Even if their release

wasn't justified 100%, they may be much better off to get away from that university and

program. From a different perspective, making a clean start may do wonders for their

lives. It would be difficult to gain perspective continuing to wade in the sewer. It's

like a crackhead, trying to rebuild his life, but still living in the crackhouse.

Binghamton basketball makes it difficult to have a life outside of being an America East fan.

Every time I step away for a minute something else pops up.

Is there a way to make Oswego or Cortland Division I this year, and switch them with Bingo? It wouldn't be fair for the reputable programs at Bingo, but a major shake-up is needed. The heck with sanctions, resignations, or warnings. Boot them to Division III. (Caveat: The preceding was tongue-in-cheek, but I do think the hatchet should fall.)

Archived