UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

BU RELEASES RIVERA, 4 OTHERS

Perhaps there is more to the story than we know - for all we know, some of these players could have had something to do with Tiki's "activities". Otherwise, if they hadn't been in line with KB's "standards" why would they have been on the team to date? Why not have cut them months ago? I understand wanting to shape up your program, but to me, it is a lot worse publicity to have 6 people now off the team (Tiki, Rivera, and the 4 others) than just Tiki. It really is like a nuclear bomb exploded in that program as someone said above.

On a side note, what can be done for them - can they recruit current students between now and November and have them play? Or do they just ride with 10-11 players as the article stated?

Hopefully thats another 2 W's for UA.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something VERY INTERESTING just popped up on the AE message board regarding this...

From Hot Dog "

Re: Five More Released From Bing - incl. Rivera and Alvin

I've heard from someone that this thing has become a FEDERAL INVESTIGATION involving the dismissed players - some serious ish right here. Word is it's federal because of something called CREDIT CARD FRAUD. I can't say much more than this, but remember this post once it becomes official."

For those of you who don't post on there, this guy is typically in the know when it comes to this stuff, and I highly doubt he would post something like that unless he had something to back it up...if true, this would make the situation about 100000 times worse for BU...WOW

Something VERY INTERESTING just popped up on the AE message board regarding this...

From Hot Dog "

Re: Five More Released From Bing - incl. Rivera and Alvin

I've heard from someone that this thing has become a FEDERAL INVESTIGATION involving the dismissed players - some serious ish right here. Word is it's federal because of something called CREDIT CARD FRAUD. I can't say much more than this, but remember this post once it becomes official."

For those of you who don't post on there, this guy is typically in the know when it comes to this stuff, and I highly doubt he would post something like that unless he had something to back it up...if true, this would make the situation about 100000 times worse for BU...WOW

I don't need to spell this out to most of the folks on the board (admitted to the Bar or not) if it is literally a Federal Case and an indictment is handed down, it's usually a slam-dunk (no hoops pun intended) alternatively if the AUSA for NDNY will not entertain the case it could be shopped on the "state level". If it is true that Federal resources are being put toward this (be it the Postal Inspector, the Secret Service or DEA) there is probably something to go on here.

In the end I hope that it is not true because this looks bad for all of SUNY athletics as well as the AE now.

Flush Hard!

FIRE THIRER!

BOUNCE BROADUS!

Here are the returning players and new additions to Bing. When you take a look at their roster you get a real feel of how bad the past week has been. They are essentially starting from scratch with NO SENIORS, two walk-ons, a D-3 transfer, two freshman and a JUCO transfer. They return only three players from last years roster. Their returning players Guard Chretien Lukusa started 11 games last year averaging 4.4 pts, and was better known for his defense; Center Kyrie Sutton started 15 games and was fourth in the conference in blocked shots; Moussa Camara started in eight games and is probably their best offensive weapon returning he had a season high 13 pts on three occasions.

Anyway you slice it Binghamton is in for one tough year and the favorite in the AE is Boston U.

Returning Players

Camara 3.4 pts, 1.0 Rebound

Sutton 1.6 pts, 2.6 Rebounds

Lukusa 4.4 pts, 3.4 Rebounds

New Additions

Wright (JUCO transfer)

Talley (Walk-on)

Johnston (Freshman)

Gray (Walk-on Bing area)

Jabbi (D-3 transfer from Oswego)

Peten (Walk-on from Turkey)

Guillaume (Freshman)

Here's the latest out of Bing through PressConnects.com

Comparison insults zoo

I am tired of hearing that blight on Binghamton University, the men's basketball team, being referred to as a "zoo." The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park has just received re-accreditation by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the industry's governing authority. We achieved this status by being in the top 10 percent of all the zoos in the country.

Our animal care, safety, employees and educational and service standards are set high and met accordingly. Not one of our tigers has been arrested with cocaine. No otter knocks over old ladies to shoplift condoms. Our bear doesn't have temper tantrums and storm off his exhibit. You won't find any of our lemurs busted for smoking pot. So, please, stop insulting zoos by comparing those criminals to us.

Amanda J. Padwa

Business Manager

Binghamton Zoo

Here's the latest out of Bing through PressConnects.com

Comparison insults zoo

I am tired of hearing that blight on Binghamton University, the men's basketball team, being referred to as a "zoo." The Binghamton Zoo at Ross Park has just received re-accreditation by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums, the industry's governing authority. We achieved this status by being in the top 10 percent of all the zoos in the country.

Our animal care, safety, employees and educational and service standards are set high and met accordingly. Not one of our tigers has been arrested with cocaine. No otter knocks over old ladies to shoplift condoms. Our bear doesn't have temper tantrums and storm off his exhibit. You won't find any of our lemurs busted for smoking pot. So, please, stop insulting zoos by comparing those criminals to us.

Amanda J. Padwa

Business Manager

Binghamton Zoo

That's hilarious. Is that real? God I hope so.

Amazingly there really is a Binghamton Zoo (the 5th oldest in the nation, 1875) at Ross Park, a couple of miles east of the University. It just regained its accreditation.

It does have the bear, otter, lemur, and tiger mentioned. It also has a bearcat, and to keep it company, a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach and a Domestic Rat.

The story was republished in 'Beyond the Arc' in msnbc.com, so it must be true :rolleyes:

Amazingly there really is a Binghamton Zoo (the 5th oldest in the nation, 1875) at Ross Park, a couple of miles east of the University. It just regained its accreditation.

It does have the bear, otter, lemur, and tiger mentioned. It also has a bearcat, and to keep it company, a Madagascar Hissing Cockroach and a Domestic Rat.

The story was republished in 'Beyond the Arc' in msnbc.com, so it must be true :rolleyes:

Bing AD has just resigned...get the shovels out and bury that program!

Holy crap this is bad.

Google Binghamton University in Google News and you get this:

http://news.google.com/news/search?aq=0&pz=1&cf=all&ned=us&hl=en&q=binghamton+university&oq=binghamton

Ouch.

Over/under on Broadus?

I'll set the line at 2 days.

It depends on how much worse it gets...if the Thirer demotion is the bottom then he'll survive at least until the point where his contract will be more manageable. He just signed on for a new contract. The buyout is probably north of $1mil.

The bigger concern I'd have if I was a Bingo supporter would be....how do you rebuild? No reputable AAU or HS coach is gonna give him the time of day, coaches competing with Broadus for recruits WILL use all of this against Bing...Bing is going to be down for a while! Unless of course they can find the money (or reason) to flat out terminate him and completely gut the program and start building again.

Archived