UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Danes @ SU

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who played themselves out of the rotation last night? Can't keep going 12 deep.....

The next 4-5 games will decide who is in and who is out.

Things may change significantly with the return of Mike Johnson

With Johnson we are talking 13 guys because you know he'll get minutes. I say start with Billy....realistically we need to get down to around 10 TOPS! 9 would be better

Metcalf 8 min 4 reb 1 block 1 steal. Anyone see him getting major minutes? Small sample but he looked very scrappy out there.

He played really well in the scrimmage also had 10+ boards to 8pts....yes, I see him in the rotation.

The team definitely looks more athletic. They just need more time to gel. I think syracuse may have had double digit dunks last night lol.

Syracuse shot worse than we did from outside. This game could have been really horrible if they had hit some of those shots.

For his first game I thought Lindfors played pretty well. Granted he went 1-7 but was our only guy to get minutes without a turnover. He and Tartt seemed to be the two freshman the least affected by the speed and size of Syracuse.

I liked Metcalf when I saw him. A lot of his time was against the reserves but he seems promising.

Tough welcome to college basketball for Mike Black.

I think he will be the Ryan Butt of Albany. Not much on offense...but a WHOLE lot of quickness for a guy his size. I like him.

I also think,for the most part, Jake Lindfors played very well at times. The offense will come from him, but he had decent position, was stronger than expected, and was very agile for his size. He didnt look much smaller (height) than Giff.

I also think Giff had a solid game...as I said it wont show up in the book. I actually was quite impressed with the big men considering the circumstances. Frankly, a rotation of Gifford, Urli, McRae, Metcalf, and Lindfors (all over 6'9 and decent quickness) will be nearly impossible for the league contain.

Who else has 5 bigs they can rotate in?

I'm not a big bball guy, but I was actually surprised by the athleticism we showed last night from the big guys. That was missing last year for sure.

This is a very young team that had way too many turnovers. Other than that, its hard to say it was anything but good exposure for the players and the program.

I think Metcalf will give us good minutes he's like an energizer bunny his motor just keeps running.

I also liked how unafraid and how agressive Aronhalt was in limited 2nd half minutes. Offensively he was in attack mode, pretty good for someone out a year and getting a big test physically.

I thought Giff really competed too, he seemed more active then in previous seasons.

I think Metcalf will give us good minutes he's like an energizer bunny his motor just keeps running.

I also liked how unafraid and how agressive Aronhalt was in limited 2nd half minutes. Offensively he was in attack mode, pretty good for someone out a year and getting a big test physically.

I thought Giff really competed too, he seemed more active then in previous seasons.

I saw Ambrose pass into the middle a few times but seems like our bigs couldnt handle the passes. Should of gotten at least 4 catch and put in baskets from those nice passes.

Barazza reinforced my belief that he only wants to launch. He will stand in place throw this hands up and ask for the ball to chuck. He does not play defense, or he is so slow it seems like there is no defense from him. But because he does try to hustle he always end up on the floor, but only because he either lost the handle or poor defense.

Agree with everyone, Metcalf looks good.

Black looked scared, orange gave him a lot of room to shoot, but never took a shot (at least i dont remember) i DVR'd maybe i will watch again.

I really hope you guys are right and once MJ comes back we'll be better.

Side note, very glad they gave a few mins to Doc Sauers!

Has to be a tremendous honor for Black but not sure I'd want to start my career on the road in front of 30K.....nothing like being thrown into the FIAAHHHHH! Probably more out of necessity but still.....!

Where did you see they sold 30K tixs. The UA game usually gets 18K to 20K

Didn't see it anywhere.....just pulled it out of my butt.....lol!

Apparently, you have been hanging around the fans of one of the other area teams too much

We don't normally "pull from my butt" here, but deal with facts good or bad. The announced crowd was 15 thousand something. Smaller than I would had guessed, but certainly not the most disappointing aspect of the game. Much of the disappointments has already has been discussed here and since I got back at 2AM I am not going to add anything else now.

Has to be a tremendous honor for Black but not sure I'd want to start my career on the road in front of 30K.....nothing like being thrown into the FIAAHHHHH! Probably more out of necessity but still.....!

Where did you see they sold 30K tixs. The UA game usually gets 18K to 20K

Didn't see it anywhere.....just pulled it out of my butt.....lol!

Apparently, you have been hanging around the fans of one of the other area teams too much

We don't normally "pull from my butt" here, but deal with facts good or bad. The announced crowd was 15 thousand something. Smaller than I would had guessed, but certainly not the most disappointing aspect of the game. Much of the disappointments has already has been discussed here and since I got back at 2AM I am not going to add anything else now.

bob, a bit cranky are we?

Archived