UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Morgan St

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll be doing a lot of reading on them in the next day or so (not that there is much info on them yet) but I know they play primarily man to man and their secondary D is a 2-3 zone....they will probably try more zone seeing how we had so much trouble with it in the 'Cuse game but they are not nearly as big as Syracuse nor as athletic.

They are a quality team though...last years RPI of 130...they are supposedly a bit improved from last year....return 3 starters off the top of my head.

Looking for a big crowd in this one on Friday night....hopefully around 3000+ if we are lucky.

I think that was Alcorn State that played on Monday. I looked at the score and thought the same thing. Pretty sure we're the opening game for Morgan State.

I think they are trying to replace their point guard also and might start a freshman. Good news for us, our point guard might have a full game more experience than theirs.

Morgan St. coming up on Friday in our home opener....they went to the NCAA tourney last season but got clubbed by Oklahoma St. you might remember in that game the take down of eventual number one pick, Blake Griffin by one Ameer Ali. He'll be playing if some of our students want to go after him a little bit, some clever signs or chants.

Morgan St. is lead by their senior guard Reggie Holmes a 6'4 guard who last season averaged 16.8ppg and 5.5rpg. This guy is the STUD! It will be critical slow him down and have someone else beat us.

They lost three starters from last years NCAA team and are untested at the PG and Wing spots. The starting job will most likely go to a JUCO kid Danny Smith...he averaged 8pts and 3 board. Not great number but he shot 49% from the field so apparently the kid can shoot.

Morgan St. has some size with 5 kids on the roster 6'8 or bigger. Of those bigs two of them average more then a block per game. The guys of most concern down on the block is Kevin Thompson...a 6'8 sophomore who averaged 8.9ppg, 7.1rpg and 1.1blk in 24 minutes last season.

Their coach had this to say during the summer about this version of the team...."Honestly, this could be the most talented team that we've had since we've been here,"

They haven't played any games yet and will be working a number of new kids in especially at the point. Unfortunately we won't have our best defender and PG out there MJ so it's possible we'll see a lot of zone in this one.

Archived