UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Morgan St

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm coming here late, so I know little about the game.

What was the final score?

What was the attendance? How was the crowd?

69 Morgan 65 Albany

As for attendance I don't think they said it outloud. Student sections filled, maybe 50% for the public, but I'm not sure ..seemed like a lot of chairbacks were empty.

I took pictures of the student section and will post.

img00163200911131948.jpgimg00162200911131948.jpg

Will Brown after the game with Wyland..."that was a tournament team last year, they will win their conference again". Nothing but excuses from Brown. He takes no accountability which should land on the head coach win or lose. He passes off the blame to often to his players instead of himself. Heck I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, Dick Jauron always takes the heat even though his players suck, he sucks too but at least he mans up and takes the heat. UAlbany played well in the first half even though turning the ball over too many times. Down the stretch they were out played and out coached. UA had their chances but like usual no one is looking to step up and take over. Everyone wants to stand around and watch Tim do it all , but in reality other teams know this and shut him down. Logan had a great first half, but didn't hit a 3 in the 2nd. Horrible play call with the Danes down by 4, Harris taking it up? Logan getting blocked? The ball should have started out in Ambrose or Blacks hands. All the Danes needed was a bucket down by 4 with 30+ seconds to play. They had a chance but coming out of the time out the play call was horrible. Lindfors looked good at times tonight and it seems they have some players but we've seen it time and time again, the players are to passive and don't play up to their ability because of CB. His quick hook and dog house have the players playing with fear instead of tenacity.

Tough loss. Nice comeback late in the 1st to tie it up @ the half. Ambrose played well and Harris led us back. Nice to see Logan hit a couple of big shots. Our inability to get points in the paint is troublesome. Aside from a couple of nice drives by Will and Tim, the only inside shot I remember going in was Scotty's drive late in the 2nd. Thought we had a good, energetic crowd tonight. Hope that continues. Guess the attendance @ 3750 or so.

Will Brown after the game with Wyland..."that was a tournament team last year, they will win their conference again". Nothing but excuses from Brown. He takes no accountability which should land on the head coach win or lose. He passes off the blame to often to his players instead of himself. Heck I'm a Buffalo Bills fan, Dick Jauron always takes the heat even though his players suck, he sucks too but at least he mans up and takes the heat. UAlbany played well in the first half even though turning the ball over too many times. Down the stretch they were out played and out coached. UA had their chances but like usual no one is looking to step up and take over. Everyone wants to stand around and watch Tim do it all , but in reality other teams know this and shut him down. Logan had a great first half, but didn't hit a 3 in the 2nd. Horrible play call with the Danes down by 4, Harris taking it up? Logan getting blocked? The ball should have started out in Ambrose or Blacks hands. All the Danes needed was a bucket down by 4 with 30+ seconds to play. They had a chance but coming out of the time out the play call was horrible. Lindfors looked good at times tonight and it seems they have some players but we've seen it time and time again, the players are to passive and don't play up to their ability because of CB. His quick hook and dog house have the players playing with fear instead of tenacity.

Dude, we get it.... You don't like Coach Brown. Why don't you start your own anti Brown blog and leave the rest of us alone

Dude, we get it.... You don't like Coach Brown. Why don't you start your own anti Brown blog and leave the rest of us alone

Dude I'm not bashing Brown, I'm asking why he puts the blame on his players instead of himself? And questioning the play calling when the Danes were down by 4 with time left in the game to tie it up. Where's the accountability?

As I've learned you guys are in love with CB, and I respect the man, I wish him nothing but success and I hope UA wins every night. It's just like you guys aren't open to someone questioning Browns play calling or direction. I think the team played well tonight a few turnovers that were costly by the young guards. Like someone else mentioned very little points in the paint, we all know Giff is going to play tough hard nosed D, but he's a liability on offense. Lindfors and Logan played well tonight there were some positives from this game. Especially the crowd and the students, great turnout by the students tonight. Should have been a W, tough loss to swallow.

I thought you were coming to sit with some real fans tonight? What happened?

I layed low key tonight in the chairback section watching and observing trying to figure out the locals who are on this blog. I didn't want to get tarred and feathered nor did I want you to think I was a weirdo like some others told you to look out for haha. I'm 24, I didn't even attend UA , I'm just trying to support Albany Basketball. Next home game I Rock, I'll meet you at the ATSP and then rock out with you at the game.

Even worse for the AE, Boston lost to Iona tonight according to ESPN.

It always amazes me how Will Harris can turn it on and take over a game for a couple minute span. I was really, really wishing he would do that the last couple of minutes in this game.

I thought we were in deep trouble in the first half when were down 10 or so and Tim picked up his second foul. It was great to see Aronhalt and Harris should some of the offensive load and get us back into it.

Not sure what happened the last four minutes of that game. Looked like we had no energy or urgency.

Looked like a pretty good effort tonight against a very good NCAA Morgan State team..staring two frosh while missing our starting PG and PF..Black and Tartt played well enough..hopefully the return of Johnson will bring the TOs below 15..the 20 TOs looked to be a big part of the difference with MSU taking 15 more shots than us.

Pretty good game from both Tim and Will..not sure where BigDog/DDS/Jeff/etc got the idea that the Danes were sitting around waiting for Tim?..Will took more shots than Tim..the lack of a FG over the last 7min+ hurt..it looked like Tim was pretty gassed towards the end..he constantly banged down low for boards and (haven't seen the minute stats but) I'd guess he was on the floor for about 35min or so.

Strong effort from Arnholt with 6p/4r/1a..Lindfors looked ok..0 points from Giff but 6 boards, 4 blocks and only 2 fouls.

Richard Holmes is a BEAST..he makes that team.

MUCH better play tonight than against Cuse..hopefully that continues with the return of our PG and a win against American on Monday.

GREAT turnout by the DANEger Zone!

EDIT..Ambrose with 32min..Harris with 33min.

Looked like a pretty good effort tonight against a very good NCAA Morgan State team..staring two frosh while missing our starting PG and PF..Black and Tartt played well enough..hopefully the return of Johnson will bring the TOs below 15..the 20 TOs looked to be a big part of the difference with MSU taking 15 more shots than us.

Pretty good game from both Tim and Will..not sure where BigDog/DDS/Jeff/etc got the idea that the Danes were sitting around waiting for Tim?..Will took more shots than Tim..the lack of a FG over the last 7min+ hurt..it looked like Tim was pretty gassed towards the end..he constantly banged down low for boards and (haven't seen the minute stats but) I'd guess he was on the floor for about 35min or so.

Strong effort from Arnholt with 6p/4r/1a..Lindfors looked ok..0 points from Giff but 6 boards, 4 blocks and only 2 fouls.

Richard Holmes is a BEAST..he makes that team.

MUCH better play tonight than against Cuse..hopefully that continues with the return of our PG and a win against American on Monday.

GREAT turnout by the DANEger Zone!

EDIT..Ambrose with 32min..Harris with 33min.

I got that from CB in his post game interview with Wyland. Harris may have shot it but the players on the floor were all tentative and were looking for their leaders unfortunately Harris couldn't convert. Good to see the Big Dogs (Harris and Ambrose) playing major minutes without the infamous Will Brown quick hook. I really don't mind 2 first half fouls, 3 then def. But sometimes you need to let it ride with 2 fouls. I'm sure the players would understand not to foul with 2. Going into the second half with only two fouls as well doesn't mean they will automatically pick up 3 more. If Tim, Will or Giff pick up 2 in the first half I say CB needs to let it ride. Tim and Will for offense and Big Ol' Giff for his good D.

Archived