UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Morgan St

Big Dog I beg to differ especially with Timmy. If you watch Timmy play he has a tendency to turn 1 mistake automatically into to 2. If he turns it over he'll hack some one. I believe he picked up his second fould after he missed a shot he went right over someones back and committed his 2nd foul. In fact both his 2 first half fouls were DUMB fouls, even Timmy would admit that I believe.

And believe it or not I think Will Harris is better off as a 25-30 mihute guy. He has a tendency to rest on the court sometimes ( that's when he blends into the woodwork). Sometimes I'm not sure he's even on the court and then I realize he is.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sitting a guy with two fouls in the first half seems pretty standard. As I mentioned earlier I actually liked the way we responded when he had to go the bench.

I'm not sure what it is about him but I when I watch Tartt play I have to keep reminding myself he's a freshman. He always seems so calm when he's out there. It'll be interesting to see if he can play more off the ball when Mike Johnson comes back.

Big Dog....quick question...how did you catch Will with Whyland when you were in the stands...Will comes over RIGHT after the game to talk to Whyland. Did you bring a radio?

No I didn't bring a radio I had to bounce with like 5 mintues to go to get back and take care of the youngin. So I caught the end of the game and interview in the car.

Big Dog I beg to differ especially with Timmy. If you watch Timmy play he has a tendency to turn 1 mistake automatically into to 2. If he turns it over he'll hack some one. I believe he picked up his second fould after he missed a shot he went right over someones back and committed his 2nd foul. In fact both his 2 first half fouls were DUMB fouls, even Timmy would admit that I believe.

And believe it or not I think Will Harris is better off as a 25-30 mihute guy. He has a tendency to rest on the court sometimes ( that's when he blends into the woodwork). Sometimes I'm not sure he's even on the court and then I realize he is.

I do agree he does compile mistakes and turn those into fouls but it's early in the season and CB needs to trust him. Especially knowing that he's such an offensive threat. Tim needs to learn not to make silly fouls. If he picks up 2 in the first half and possibly a third then putting him on the bench could be a good lesson. The bench did step up in the first half tonight but not in the second half and the Danes are going to need Ambrose to be playing good ball down the stretch.

Crap....can't believe we didn't pull this one out!

Having said that.....I really like the freshmen on this team. Lindfors and Tartt looked pretty good....really really like what Logan and Black did.

Mike started out the game with two to's....only turned it over one time the rest of the way and showed some great court sense and feline quickness. If he develops properly he can be a very good player for us.

Tartt did well backing him up.

I was looking for a good step forward for this team today and really liked what I saw...we still have a lot of work to do especially in the TO department and to put all of the pieces together.

Some more observations.....

- Harris should be posted up more down on the block, I'd try to keep him from shooting to much from the outside. Seems to me he's more effective 10' and in.

- This crop of freshmen is one of the more promising classes I've seen in my 4 years following the program. Like DP said....something about Tartt is so smooth, Black is lightning quick...love that spin and drive into the lane for a laptop. That move was sick!

Some more observations.....

- Harris should be posted up more down on the block, I'd try to keep him from shooting to much from the outside. Seems to me he's more effective 10' and in.

- This crop of freshmen is one of the more promising classes I've seen in my 4 years following the program. Like DP said....something about Tartt is so smooth, Black is lightning quick...love that spin and drive into the lane for a laptop. That move was sick!

It's suprising that Harris has such a big body, but avoids the block. He's not comfortable being on the block, back to the basket. He'd rather jack up 3's. Not what you would want from a kid with his size. It's just his style and we as fans need to understand he wants to play more of an outside game than on the inside. IMHO I think getting Will and Tim out in transition would be the biggest assest to this team. Quick decisions and quick scores, the UA defense will always be tough, the offense needs to find more of a grove other than the half court set.

Disappointing finish after a good effort from this young group. Morgan St. has several good all around players. Danes did not execute down the stretch, after grabbing a 4-5 point lead with about 8 minutes to go.

Student turnout was excellent, with good energy from students sections even though we were behind most of the game. The non-student turnout was disappointing for a home opener. As others have noted, positive contributions form Black, Tartt, Lindfors and Aronhalt. They will add much needed depth to the rotation.

I'm not sure if this is a 13 win team or a 19 win team, but it was good to see some new faces who are ready to contribute.

Just re-read this morning and found this...

Down the stretch they were out played and out coached.

And questioning the play calling when the Danes were down by 4 with time left in the game to tie it up. Where's the accountability?

I had to bounce with like 5 mintues to go to get back and take care of the youngin. So I caught the end of the game and interview in the car.

Seriously? You're pontificating on the coaching down the stretch and you weren't even in the building.

Seriously? You're pontificating on the coaching down the stretch and you weren't even in the building.

Whatever pntificating means..UA was stale down the stretch before I left, they went for an extended period of time without a bucket. I was listening to the game and when UA was down 4, the ball should have been in Tim's hands to create a play not Harris brining it up or Aronhalt who was blocked.

Just re-read this morning and found this...

Down the stretch they were out played and out coached.

And questioning the play calling when the Danes were down by 4 with time left in the game to tie it up. Where's the accountability?

I had to bounce with like 5 mintues to go to get back and take care of the youngin. So I caught the end of the game and interview in the car.

As a disclaimer to my following comment I will state that I hate to encourage more DDS/BD activity, but I have to admit that some of these exchanges have been hilarious. First there was the whole Sherlock Holmes/Ms. GDG thing, now there is the "You're pontificating on the coaching down the stretch and you weren't even in the building." comment. CLASSIC!

By the way DDS/BD, I saw you offering to buy suds at the ATSP. The price of my loyalty is one imperial pint of Guinness.

Archived