UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Monday at American

I forget the exact quote but something like "even the blind squirrel finds the nut sometimes".

Big Dog is way off most of the time and his delivery could use some polish but...

Our bigs generally don't rebound that well. A combo of the style of bigs we get (and can get) and coaches style. Jamar was consistently our 1st or second rebounder, now it's Timmy, in between it was Lillis. See the theme.

Early season our offense resembles the offense at the end of last year. It's early. But we can only judge what we've seen so far. This offense is not good right now. We can say "good D", look at Kansas, see Georgetown, fine, doesn't change the fact that this offense is not good right now..

Long time posters shouldn't get quite so offended by others opinions. I've been both critical and supportive of coach, but you have your head in the sand if you think there isn't a building question of the style of play. There are a number of people in my section that are vocal about this too. Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Big Dog is young, new to the board, offensive at times, but is at times beat up beyond what is required.

In the past this has happened to others (including myself) that have doubted CB style of play. Make no mistake this has been the style fo play for some time now. Doesn't mean that we are not fans of the team. I for one, and there are others, that enjoy a faster pace to a game. Doesn't mean I could coach D1 basketball, or play(ed) D1 basketball. Just means I disagree w/ how some of these things are handled. I've never been President, but I still have my opinions.

Now, Big Dog please don't read this as some sort of "fire Brown" post. CB has a solid record, has recruited quality kids and the "fire the coach" crowd is one of the big problems in sports.

D96, really? Throttle him? Aren't you a thirtysomething attorney? You need to "throttle" a 21ish year old because he has a different opinion than you and is annoying at spreading that opinion. Ignore him. Argue with him. Prove him wrong.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are hilarious, just too much. Your obession with Siena baffles me, just let it go, they are better than UA. Albany has good rebounders that's one of their best quailites, instead of having the guards release for transition Brown makes them crash the boards that's why they are always up there in rebounding. I think Giff is a liability on the floor, he has no post presence and doesn't command any respect from the defenders. He may get the occasional rebound or block but his minutes should be limited to around 10 per game.

I'm ready for my throttling Dane96..

Being fairly new to the board, i dont know all the members' history. but I will say i miss Zoellner and his decent offensive game. I think Giff plays really hard and is a great teammate, but it doesnt seem like he has a back to the basket offensive game, neither does Harris (but since i dont have season tix, my sample size is small)

Btw, ppl who watch the majority of the games, what is our team style? I couldnt gather enough from the Organade game, too many T/Os, MJ missing.

from Brown saying he wanted to go inside more, it sounded like we are a swing it around till we get it to the inside Bigs team. But then when i watch games, we take mostly outside shots.....

With Timmy's speed, we should just go with tim slash and kick....

I wasn't a big Z fan, but offensively I think he was better than Giff. It was purely strength driven. He got much better position than Giff and could dunk it if he didn't travel first. Giff just can't finish unfortunately.

I don't think anyone is saying things don't need a little bit of fixing on the offensive end....this team is not a finished product working a lot of new kids into the starting lineup and rotation. If we are still having these kinds of difficulties at 10-12 games in then I'll be concerned.

I forget the exact quote but something like "even the blind squirrel finds the nut sometimes".

Big Dog is way off most of the time and his delivery could use some polish but...

Our bigs generally don't rebound that well. A combo of the style of bigs we get (and can get) and coaches style. Jamar was consistently our 1st or second rebounder, now it's Timmy, in between it was Lillis. See the theme.

Early season our offense resembles the offense at the end of last year. It's early. But we can only judge what we've seen so far. This offense is not good right now. We can say "good D", look at Kansas, see Georgetown, fine, doesn't change the fact that this offense is not good right now..

Long time posters shouldn't get quite so offended by others opinions. I've been both critical and supportive of coach, but you have your head in the sand if you think there isn't a building question of the style of play. There are a number of people in my section that are vocal about this too. Nothing wrong with differing opinions.

Big Dog is young, new to the board, offensive at times, but is at times beat up beyond what is required.

In the past this has happened to others (including myself) that have doubted CB style of play. Make no mistake this has been the style fo play for some time now. Doesn't mean that we are not fans of the team. I for one, and there are others, that enjoy a faster pace to a game. Doesn't mean I could coach D1 basketball, or play(ed) D1 basketball. Just means I disagree w/ how some of these things are handled. I've never been President, but I still have my opinions.

Now, Big Dog please don't read this as some sort of "fire Brown" post. CB has a solid record, has recruited quality kids and the "fire the coach" crowd is one of the big problems in sports.

D96, really? Throttle him? Aren't you a thirtysomething attorney? You need to "throttle" a 21ish year old because he has a different opinion than you and is annoying at spreading that opinion. Ignore him. Argue with him. Prove him wrong.

Ever hear of a figure of speech? Your end commentary is laughable at best.

First off, he is an obnoxious punk and its not his opinion that bothers 99.9% of us...it is his trolling, baiting, and calling people names...oh and flat out LYING. How about I call you a "geezer" or many of the other fine terms he has used against board members.

Second, as I said, figure of speech.

I don't need a lecture when you dont have the facts and when you contort a figure of speech into something more. Jesus...what has this board come to....

First off, he is an obnoxious punk and its not his opinion that bothers 99.9% of us...it is his trolling, baiting, and calling people names...oh and flat out LYING. How about I call you a "geezer" or many of the other fine terms he has used against board members.

I don't need a lecture when you dont have the facts and when you contort a figure of speech into something more. Jesus...what has this board come to....

Oh no, call me a geezer, an old fart, useless, whatever. From a kid on a message board, no biggie.

What "facts" don't I have? I speak primarily with the facts I have. This team struggles offensively and has for the better part of two seasons (end of 07-08, most of 08-09, and start of 09-10). That is a fact. Our guards are consistently leading rebounders. That is a fact. Hell Jamar was one of the better in the league. Fact, this style of play will not keep the students interested if you don't win at an extremely high percentage.

If there are "facts" that an insider like yourself has feel free to voice them. I'm willing to listen. Until that happens, my facts remain...well facts.

Maybe when he says "fire him" he's using a figure of speach. I would say that you "throttle his" ass post in which you describe what kind of throttling you would prefer goes slightly beyond the figure of speach category. See now that's an opinion.

What has this board come to? This board is what it always has been. A great place to discuss UA sports. It is also a place where if you step out of line on CB, you in specific jump down peoples throats. You've done it to me, bosi, big dog, and I'm sure there are others.

You take this way to personal. It's a message board for low/mid major D1 hoops.

I don't think anyone is saying things don't need a little bit of fixing on the offensive end....this team is not a finished product working a lot of new kids into the starting lineup and rotation. If we are still having these kinds of difficulties at 10-12 games in then I'll be concerned.

I would agree fully if we hadn't seen the same thing last year, and a bit the prior year. How many times did B. Lillis bail us out on the offensive end.

New players, three games, we can all remain hopeful. I just get fired up when people refuse to acknowledge the obvious. There is something missing offensively. Will it come around? Let's hope so. I think there is some talent there.

I would agree fully if we hadn't seen the same thing last year, and a bit the prior year. How many times did B. Lillis bail us out on the offensive end.

New players, three games, we can all remain hopeful. I just get fired up when people refuse to acknowledge the obvious. There is something missing offensively. Will it come around? Let's hope so. I think there is some talent there.

I acknowledge that RIGHT NOW we need a lot of work on the offensive end. I'm cautiously optimistic that things will get better.

You also HAVE TO acknowledge that last year this team was decimated by injuries....fair is fair!

I got everybody (mostly everyone) all bent out of shape in the preseason by starting a thread about putting Will Brown on the Hot Seat if he doesn't deliever the AE title back to Albany. The offense has been on the decline over the past 3 seasons and the product on the court has be in a word Ugly Basketball. I got a temporary ban for coming back after the Cuse debacle and restating that fact because UA wasn't even competitive after watching a D2 team drop 82 in the same Dome against the same team. While UA was lucky to get out of the 30's. The blind Homers are completely loyal to CB and that's fine. Not everyone is towing the company line like D96 or UA72 who are probably CB's golfing buddy's. D96 I call you a geez you call me a punk, whatever. I've always made it about the basketball and you've gone out of your way to make it personal. I'm not on here trying to make it personal and never have unless prevoked and apparently your in your 30's and act very immaturely for your age. I think all of us would agree that all we want to see is UA succeed and Win. In my mind what CB can do to avoid the Hot Seat is Win, others may think he's safe for all eternity. I'd like to see UA use it's best talent to the best of their abilites it wasn't happening last season but I think it's getting a little better ie; letting Lindfors pick and pop the 3's, letting Ambrose take it to the rack and create without the infamous quick hook and immediate dog house. UA has some talent on this roster and the future looks bright. Harris needs to step his game up and be more of a force for UA. I hope UA can turn it around and get the job done but it just doesn't look like that's happening now. It is early in the season and there is plenty of room for improvement. UA just needs to get into the conference tourney and win 3 games, that's it 3 games in March. The Great Danes really need a good showing this weekend on their home floor to keep their confidence going.

Also my reasonings for wanting UA to dominate and win the AE title every year are more for their national prestiege of putting UAlbany on the map. It probably didn't come across like that nor did I explain it well. But I'd like to see UA take Albany Basketball to the next level some day and in order to do that they need to be dominate in the AE first.

Oh no, call me a geezer, an old fart, useless, whatever. From a kid on a message board, no biggie.

What "facts" don't I have? I speak primarily with the facts I have. This team struggles offensively and has for the better part of two seasons (end of 07-08, most of 08-09, and start of 09-10). That is a fact. Our guards are consistently leading rebounders. That is a fact. Hell Jamar was one of the better in the league. Fact, this style of play will not keep the students interested if you don't win at an extremely high percentage.

If there are "facts" that an insider like yourself has feel free to voice them. I'm willing to listen. Until that happens, my facts remain...well facts.

Maybe when he says "fire him" he's using a figure of speach. I would say that you "throttle his" ass post in which you describe what kind of throttling you would prefer goes slightly beyond the figure of speach category. See now that's an opinion.

What has this board come to? This board is what it always has been. A great place to discuss UA sports. It is also a place where if you step out of line on CB, you in specific jump down peoples throats. You've done it to me, bosi, big dog, and I'm sure there are others.

Please think about context-- I WAS TALKING ABOUT FACTS ABOUT WHAT HE HAS STATED IN PERSONAL MATTER TO ME. Other than that...please stay out of my personal issues with another poster. I think he is doing just find without your backup.

And stop twisting $iena-- I have definitely come out and said things I DONT LIKE about Coach...and I have the balls to say them to his face because you know what, like me and you-- Coach isnt perfect. Dont say I have come to his defense constantly.

What I have done is say: DONT STATE X's and O's if you dont know what you are talking about. Big Dog/DDS has stated X's and O's--which is much different than saying "I want a fast break offense"-- with next ZERO KNOWLEDGE of how the X's and O's would work.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

Dane96, how do you assume I know nothing about X's and O's? I played for national AAU teams for the City Rocks, I learned more of the game in college from the same person who taught Brown over at Saint Rose Brian Beaury. To just assume I don't know squat about the game because I don't discuss it over dinner with CB is just wrong. No I'm not Coach K or Bobby Knight or CB for that matter but it's not like I've never picked up the rock before in my life and just like flapping my gums..

Please think about context-- I WAS TALKING ABOUT FACTS ABOUT WHAT HE HAS STATED IN PERSONAL MATTER TO ME. Other than that...please stay out of my personal issues with another poster. I think he is doing just find without your backup.

And stop twisting $iena-- I have definitely come out and said things I DONT LIKE about Coach...and I have the balls to say them to his face because you know what, like me and you-- Coach isnt perfect. Dont say I have come to his defense constantly.

What I have done is say: DONT STATE X's and O's if you dont know what you are talking about. Big Dog/DDS has stated X's and O's--which is much different than saying "I want a fast break offense"-- with next ZERO KNOWLEDGE of how the X's and O's would work.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

I pointed out three posters that you have shouted down in you defense of CB. That's a fact.

Personal business? What the hell? What personal business? It's a public message board that we all freely post on. Personal business? Outside of your post here and on the AE board I don't have a clue who you are. I would think anything posted on here or and AE basketball board are fair game.

Check your PM McFan. And in fact, Bosi and I have differed...but we are "friends" (chat board at least). So dont speak for him. I made statements to him about the transfer policy...and lo and behold...guess what, for the most part he has seen the light of DI sports and is somewhat in agreement on those of us who said "NO BIG DEAL."

And your post is what's different-- A lot of us on this board know who each other are.

Check your PM McFan. And in fact, Bosi and I have differed...but we are "friends" (chat board at least). So dont speak for him.

And your post is what's different-- A lot of us on this board know who each other are.

Wasn't speaking for Bosi. Just recalling earlier exchanges.

I know some on the board, and most likely know many just not by the board names. Don't see a difference anyway.

Dane96, how do you assume I know nothing about X's and O's? I played for national AAU teams for the City Rocks, I learned more of the game in college from the same person who taught Brown over at Saint Rose Brian Beaury. To just assume I don't know squat about the game because I don't discuss it over dinner with CB is just wrong. No I'm not Coach K or Bobby Knight or CB for that matter but it's not like I've never picked up the rock before in my life and just like flapping my gums..

Ok...so...you played for the City Rocks and learned from Brian Beury. Number one...Brian definitely gave some awesome insight to Will; hell Will's married to his family member. That said, I think Coach didnt learn the entire game from Brian. SO again, you exaggerate. Two...are you stating you played at St. Rose? If you played for either the City Rocks (which, most AAU teams dont play all that much defense...and I too played a national AAU schedule) and St. Rose...it is clear that:

A) you didnt learn a thing; or

B) you just act dumb about the X's and O's because you know if put to the test in an argument about a Coach you hate (WILL) and use X's and O's for facts...your argument would be much weaker, if not altogether fail.

So...which is it: DID YOU REALLY PLAY AND ARE ACTING DUMB; DID YOU REALLY PLAY AND LEARN NOTHING; or DID YOU REALLY NOT PLAY.

You have been asked basic basketball questions on the Times Union board and you never ever answer them. It's not just me...it's Siena fans that call you out as well.

SO WHICH IS IT....

...or, much more simply put, did you just take a "Coaching Basketball Course" at St. Rose (if they have that there), which basically teaches kids how to coach at the AAU level (basic motion, Flex, Open, etc. offenses...).

Archived