UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Monday at American

Dane96, how do you assume I know nothing about X's and O's? I played for national AAU teams for the City Rocks, I learned more of the game in college from the same person who taught Brown over at Saint Rose Brian Beaury. To just assume I don't know squat about the game because I don't discuss it over dinner with CB is just wrong. No I'm not Coach K or Bobby Knight or CB for that matter but it's not like I've never picked up the rock before in my life and just like flapping my gums..

Ok...so...you played for the City Rocks and learned from Brian Beury. Number one...Brian definitely gave some awesome insight to Will; hell Will's married to his family member. That said, I think Coach didnt learn the entire game from Brian. SO again, you exaggerate. Two...are you stating you played at St. Rose? If you played for either the City Rocks (which, most AAU teams dont play all that much defense...and I too played a national AAU schedule) and St. Rose...it is clear that:

A) you didnt learn a thing; or

B) you just act dumb about the X's and O's because you know if put to the test in an argument about a Coach you hate (WILL) and use X's and O's for facts...your argument would be much weaker, if not altogether fail.

So...which is it: DID YOU REALLY PLAY AND ARE ACTING DUMB; DID YOU REALLY PLAY AND LEARN NOTHING; or DID YOU REALLY NOT PLAY.

You have been asked basic basketball questions on the Times Union board and you never ever answer them. It's not just me...it's Siena fans that call you out as well.

SO WHICH IS IT....

...or, much more simply put, did you just take a "Coaching Basketball Course" at St. Rose (if they have that there), which basically teaches kids how to coach at the AAU level (basic motion, Flex, Open, etc. offenses...).

You say people ask me basketball questions, yet there is no question just a basic rant. What question would you like me to answer for you?

2) I never said I played at St. Rose, I said I learned the game from him. I didn't say Brown learned everything from Beaury but he was an assistant coach on some very successful basketball teams. I know Brown coached at some JUCO school and probably played a little college ball himself. I was insisting that he learned everything about the game from one man but there you go again with your assumptions.

So again, what basketball question would you like me to answer for you specifically?

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talking about Gifford starting.....

He should Spell Lindfors, Urli and McRae - BigDog

How can you possibly put Lindfors and Urli ahead of Gifford if they haven't done anything yet. Scottie is OK - if he knows what the team is trying to do. Lindfors in 18 mpg has hoisted the 3rd most shots on the team and is shooting 19% overall and 10% from 3.

Urli hurt his ankle early in the Syracuse and limped in that game and hasn't been seen since.

You just can't throw names out there. It gives you no credibility if you don't have any substance to your post.

We need solid performances from Harris, Ambrose and Johnson and then have others step up on given nights until someone shows some consistency offensively and defensively. That could be almost anyone on the roster from Watts to Urli.

The key is to get consistency from our main 3 and let the rest sort themselves out or in.

He should Spell Lindfors, Urli and McRae - BigDog

How can you possibly put Lindfors and Urli ahead of Gifford if they haven't done anything yet. Scottie is OK if he knows what the team is trying to do. Lindfors in 18 mpg has hoisted the 3rd most shots and is shooting 19% overall and 10% from 3.

Urli hurt his ankle early in the Syracuse and limped in that game and hasn't been seen since.

You just can't throw names out there. It gives you no credibility if you don't have any substance to your post.

We need solid performances from Harris, Ambrose and Johnson and then have others step up on given nights until someone shows some consistency offensively and defensively. That could be almost anyone on the roster from Watts to Urli.

The key is to get consistency from our main 3 and let the rest sort themselves out or in.

Lindfors will find his stroke again he did sit out a year last season. I'm just not big on Gifford, I'm not an effort guy, I'm a results guy. Effort for Giff A+, results, F. He's a liability on offense and a good defender you have to take the good with the bad, that's why I'm saying having him spell guys who pose more of a threat on offense in Urli, Lindfors, McRae. UA's defense isn't much more improved with Giff on the floor nor does it fall off so much when he's not out there.

Dane96, how do you assume I know nothing about X's and O's? I played for national AAU teams for the City Rocks, I learned more of the game in college from the same person who taught Brown over at Saint Rose Brian Beaury. To just assume I don't know squat about the game because I don't discuss it over dinner with CB is just wrong. No I'm not Coach K or Bobby Knight or CB for that matter but it's not like I've never picked up the rock before in my life and just like flapping my gums..

Ok...so...you played for the City Rocks and learned from Brian Beury. Number one...Brian definitely gave some awesome insight to Will; hell Will's married to his family member. That said, I think Coach didnt learn the entire game from Brian. SO again, you exaggerate. Two...are you stating you played at St. Rose? If you played for either the City Rocks (which, most AAU teams dont play all that much defense...and I too played a national AAU schedule) and St. Rose...it is clear that:

B) you just act dumb about the X's and O's because you know if put to the test in an argument about a Coach you hate (WILL) and use X's and O's for facts...your argument would be much weaker, if not altogether fail.

So...which is it: DID YOU REALLY PLAY AND ARE ACTING DUMB; DID YOU REALLY PLAY AND LEARN NOTHING; or DID YOU REALLY NOT PLAY.

You have been asked basic basketball questions on the Times Union board and you never ever answer them. It's not just me...it's Siena fans that call you out as well.

SO WHICH IS IT....

...or, much more simply put, did you just take a "Coaching Basketball Course" at St. Rose (if they have that there), which basically teaches kids how to coach at the AAU level (basic motion, Flex, Open, etc. offenses...).

You say people ask me basketball questions, yet there is no question just a basic rant. What question would you like me to answer for you?

2) I never said I played at St. Rose, I said I learned the game from him. I didn't say Brown learned everything from Beaury but he was an assistant coach on some very successful basketball teams. I know Brown coached at some JUCO school and probably played a little college ball himself. I was insisting that he learned everything about the game from one man but there you go again with your assumptions.

So again, what basketball question would you like me to answer for you specifically?

Oh g-d you just keep digging a hole for yourself.

1- So you learned the game from Beaury in a Coaching Class? If so...not much is gained but book knowledge if anything as I stated in my previous post.

2- If it was not a class...did you carry his coffee for him?

3- Coached Brown played a little college? Hmmmm...he actually played at Penn (you know that really good IVY school) and only transferred to Dowling (where he was a stud) because of a stomach disorder. If you really followed Coach's history prior to your rants you would know this-- well documented. In fact, he played a little ball so well that I think Notre Dame really wanted him (that part I am unsure of...because I dont carry coffee for coaches).

4- Will learned a little about the game from his father...who was a very good high school coach that could probably run strategy circles around my head.

Now, back to the questions...you know EXACTLY the questions that was asked of you on the Times Union board multiple times by multiple people. You answered none of them.

I'm just not big on Gifford, I'm not an effort guy, I'm a results guy.- Big Dog

I hate to say it but Giff has produced much better results then Jake or Urli so far.

When guys start producing then lobby for them to get more time.

I like Tartt but I think he needs time to start producing and EARNING minutes.

SO WHICH IS IT....

Oh g-d you just keep digging a hole for yourself.

1- So you learned the game from Beaury in a Coaching Class? If so...not much is gained but book knowledge if anything as I stated in my previous post.

2- If it was not a class...did you carry his coffee for him?

3- Coached Brown played a little college? Hmmmm...he actually played at Penn (you know that really good IVY school) and only transferred to Dowling (where he was a stud) because of a stomach disorder. If you really followed Coach's history prior to your rants you would know this-- well documented. In fact, he played a little ball so well that I think Notre Dame really wanted him (that part I am unsure of...because I dont carry coffee for coaches).

4- Will learned a little about the game from his father...who was a very good high school coach that could probably run strategy circles around my head.

Now, back to the questions...you know EXACTLY the questions that was asked of you on the Times Union board multiple times by multiple people. You answered none of them.

Yet you can't come up with a single one that was asked? It's more of just arm chair coaches like Mick and Yourself who think your god's gift to basketball because you play golf with the coaches. I'll still be waiting for one of these basketball questions that I cannot answer. As far as Beaury is concerned no he doesn't teach a class on basketball and no I didn't carry his coffee. I have a little bit more inside information on his tactics and play calls than you could ever imagine, Brown should go back to Beaury's style of basketball.

Where the hell is Dowling? Never heard of it..and a "stomach disorder" makes you transfer to a different college? So every player that gets sick transfers out? Must have been something more than a "stomach disorder", that prevented him from playing at Penn but didn't stop him at Dowling..

Archived