UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Monday at American

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad I watched the game on the American website. Definitely need a lot of work on both sides of the ball. The defense really picked up in the second half and a lot more shots were contested. The offense really struggles though and I thought that was going to be an improved area.

A win is a win but man that was some ugly basketball from both sides. For the first three games UA is averaging in the 50's for ppg. The Offense really needs some improvement. Time for Brown to get out of half court sets and just go run and gun for more transition baskets and less thinking by the players. A little home cooking this weekend should help out a little bit, hopefully. But good win anyways, UA off the schnide.

I'd like poetry in motion on the court but I'd take 20 ugly wins this year if that's how they come.

We ended one of the longest home winning streaks in the country on a night they raised their championship banner. Probably more important, on a night Harris and Ambrose went 9-27 combined we found someone else to step up which is what we really need.

To me these are the best situations, we still get the W but Coach Brown still has things to be upset with and have the team work on. Win-win.

Just looking at the stats - Giffy with 1 block. I could have sworn I heard Tobin say he had a couple. He's getting ripped off.

I'd like poetry in motion on the court but I'd take 20 ugly wins this year if that's how they come.

We ended one of the longest home winning streaks in the country on a night they raised their championship banner. Probably more important, on a night Harris and Ambrose went 9-27 combined we found someone else to step up which is what we really need.

To me these are the best situations, we still get the W but Coach Brown still has things to be upset with and have the team work on. Win-win.

Just looking at the stats - Giffy with 1 block. I could have sworn I heard Tobin say he had a couple. He's getting ripped off.

He got ripped off in the Cuse game also, I counted at least two after re watching it on the DVR

Sounds like an ugly win...but as everyone has said: a win is a win. It will be interesting to see if the team can build on this with the trio of games this weekend. The Detroit game will be tough but definitely winnable and obviously a huge non conference win to snag before Siena and league play. From the stats it looks like we got the unconventional UA win in that ambrose/harris didn't account for all of our points, it's good to see Scotty have a big game. If he can contribute 14 points per game this offense really shouldn't have problems since we don't expect poor nights from ambrose/harris all that often...keep in mind it was MJ's first night back...I'd say at this point in the season everyone should try to stay optimistic, there's plenty of time for things to fall into place...

The Offense really needs some improvement. Time for Brown to get out of half court sets and just go run and gun for more transition baskets and less thinking by the players.

Enough already. We did run off turnovers. You think nobody wants to? It's just tough to run when the other team takes care of the ball and ACTUALLY PLAYS DEFENSE.

The Offense really needs some improvement. Time for Brown to get out of half court sets and just go run and gun for more transition baskets and less thinking by the players.

Enough already. We did run off turnovers. You think nobody wants to? It's just tough to run when the other team takes care of the ball and ACTUALLY PLAYS DEFENSE.

Pipe down geezer, 53ppg isn't what I'd call an improved offense. I thought that was going to be a major focus this year. Albeit 3 games in hopefully they can right the ship by the time conference play comes around.

Shut up already, punk. Temple had only 13 at the half and the final loss to Georgetown was 49-46. Or were you watching those top-25, run n' gun Saints leading Northeastern 51-45 with a minute left?

It ain't that easy.

Look, coach, our bigs box out and the guards get most of our rebounds. If you start putting the guards between the circles to start leaking out on the break, who do think is going to get the ball to them?

Archived