UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2K Tournament

To this game, I say a win is a win. We got the points in the paint and thats what we needed to do against a small team.

Things I noticed from this game

-Lindfors was great starting, not sure why he wasn't in much the second half. I don't remember him being in foul trouble. I still do dread him taking the 3 though.

-I guess Gifford really does need the encouragement, stuffs and blocks after we chant Gifford

-I still like Tartt and Black better than Johnson at point.

And does anybody know why Brown wanted to beat up the Ref towards the end of the 2nd half. He was livid, and I have no idea why. Was it the other coach?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo D I think you got hammered for your comment because it wasn't really criticism of something he did wrong or badly, you said he wasn't a D1 athlete period end of sentence. That is and overstatment, wouldn't you agree?

Exactly...100%!

Just outta curiosity why don't you like Johnson at the point?? When we go into those horrid stretches where we can't score points, it's typically when Johnson is on the bench. I personally love it when CB has him, Tartt and Ambrose on the court at the same time. It's by far my favorite lineup.

As for the game tonight, I thought we played well. The result was never really in doubt, as it seemed we were up by 8-10 nearly the whole game. I was a little disappointed with the turnout, but I guess that's what happens when football is on. Overall, good win.

Just outta curiosity why don't you like Johnson at the point?? When we go into those horrid stretches where we can't score points, it's typically when Johnson is on the bench. I personally love it when CB has him, Tartt and Ambrose on the court at the same time. It's by far my favorite lineup.

I just think he turns it over too much, don't get me wrong I like him. I liked the Tartt, Black line up we had last night more than the Tartt, MJ lineup.

To this game, I say a win is a win. We got the points in the paint and thats what we needed to do against a small team.

Things I noticed from this game

-Lindfors was great starting, not sure why he wasn't in much the second half. I don't remember him being in foul trouble. I still do dread him taking the 3 though.

-I guess Gifford really does need the encouragement, stuffs and blocks after we chant Gifford

-I still like Tartt and Black better than Johnson at point.

And does anybody know why Brown wanted to beat up the Ref towards the end of the 2nd half. He was livid, and I have no idea why. Was it the other coach?

I know he was upset at one point after a jump ball call in which we retained possession, I think he felt there had been a change of possession, prior to the jump ball call. Shot clock didn't reset and we lost it on a violation.

I just think he turns it over too much, don't get me wrong I like him. I liked the Tartt, Black line up we had last night more than the Tartt, MJ lineup.

I have not liked what I've seen out of Black the last two nights. yesterday against detroit he looked like a deer in the headlights, just dribbling all over the place. i also think he got 2 "5"s for not doing anything with the ball.

Thought metcalf was great in the paint tonight and Harris had a heck of a game

Best game they've played so far in my opinion.

Short sample but I really like Blake Metcalf's ability around the basket offensively. Of our bigs he has some good moves and nice touch.

Good to see Tim and Will have good games on the same night.

Aronhalt showed a nice mid range game. The fact that he can elevate and shoot with touch is nice. Should be effective in league play.

13-14 from the line was great. If we can shoot well from the line it can help overcome some or our long droughts.

I thought the RMU coach got a way with a lot of chatter tonight. The ref put his whistle back to his mouth and was very close to finally calling the T, and then stopped.

Yo D I think you got hammered for your comment because it wasn't really criticism of something he did wrong or badly, you said he wasn't a D1 athlete period end of sentence. That is and overstatment, wouldn't you agree?

Exactly...100%!

okay, okay I agree that the D1 athlete part was an overstatement. I tried to amend my point with my next post however.

Much better performance as team tonight! MetCalf stuck out in my mind as a breakout performance, him and Giff were a great tandem tonight. Some much needed time off before another set of tough games down in Florida and of course December 5th is creeping closer and closer...

And does anybody know why Brown wanted to beat up the Ref towards the end of the 2nd half. He was livid, and I have no idea why. Was it the other coach? - yboord028

CB thought that Giff got mugged in the backcourt and we were in a 1 and 1 situation. Going into the time out he was told it was a held ball not a foul and went ballistic. We were losiong the arrow and not getting a chance to put 2 FTs on the board

CB thought that Giff got mugged in the backcourt and we were in a 1 and 1 situation. Going into the time out he was told it was a held ball not a foul and went ballistic. We were losiong the arrow and not getting a chance to put 2 FTs on the board

Alright thanks man, I was kind of baffled when I saw him going ballistic.

And another thing I remember was Metcalfs, Laettner-esque basket with one second on the shot clock. That was awesome.

Some much needed time off before another set of tough games down in Florida and of course December 5th is creeping closer and closer...

Why is the Siena game "creeping closer and closer" as if it means so much more than any of our other up coming non-conf games? If that isn't what you meant sorry for the misinterpretation, but it just seems that way.

That game doesn't define the UA team and nor should it. The game itself doesn't help us get any closer to winning the AE Championship and getting into the NCAA tourney...unless it does and I missed something? It allows our team to play a basketball program that has gone to the NCAA two years in a row, and helps us grow. It won't be an easy game, but again, I personally don't think that game's outcome defines the UA program.

Will was good offensively tonight, but he was much taller than his defender. He needs to pick up his defensive intensity. I am generally pleased with with all the new players. Metcalf and Urli are very active on both ends of the floor. Urli handles the ball very well for a big man and broke the press himself several times. We seemed to have good energy for all three games. We have lot's of room for improvement, but we seem to be progressing as we approach league play. I'm hoping to go to a bunch of away games after the Florida trip. They're relatively close.

I was disappointed in the student turnout today. The DANEger ZONEwas sparsely populated. They die hards did a good job trying to make up for the lower numbers.

I'm generally happy with how this three games in three days went. Yeh we didn't sweep but we played quite well in most of the games. Handled our business for the most part.

I'll say it again, this recruiting class is one of the more promising ones I've seen Coach Brown put together. Sure they are young and make mistakes but it appears that every single one of them can play and be a contributor down the road. It's going to be fun watching them grow together, they are the future of this program and based on what I've seen so far we'll be alright.

Archived