UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2K Tournament

a win is always good. We won because of rebounding. However, not happy not seeing another 20 turnover game. Especially against Alcorn St. Tartt was solid. However, what happen to Bill Allen that he played only 5 minutes?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing happened to Billy. I think that it simply comes down to the fact that the rotation needs to get shortened, and he hasn't been performing as well as some of the other guys getting PT ahead of him...Overall, good win tonight...it was good seeing us knock down some outside shots, and Tartt looked great. Another great turnout by the students again tonight too...Hopefully they can keep up the energy tomorrow in my absence!!! lol

Just got back from the game...some thoughts....

- Alcorn is pretty bad team, however we went out and did what we had to. There was some really ugly basketball on display from them.

- Tartt.....this kid is solid, for a freshmen he appears as cool as a pickle...never rushes anything, makes smart decisions with the ball...had the O going today. Solid get going forward for this program....big fan!

- Some excellent interior D...by Giff, Metcalf and McRae....Metcalf real solid on the board/overall, 6pts, 7board, 2ast and 2blks....SOLID!

- CB goes deep into the bench because we have games all weekend....good move. All of the kids that got on the court played and for the most part played well.

- The O got on track in this one...71pts, 46% from the field 42% from beyond the arc....I know the competition was poor but last year no matter the competition we couldn't shoot straight. Good to see us handle our business.

- TO's still a major concern...Timmy with 5....I know he rebounded well (6) and moved the ball well (7ast) but 5 to's is about 3 to many.

Tomorrows game against Detroit will be a very difficult one, they are no Alcorn!

- Alcorn is pretty bad team, however we went out and did what we had to. There was some really ugly basketball on display from them.

- Tartt.....this kid is solid, for a freshmen he appears as cool as a pickle...never rushes anything, makes smart decisions with the ball...had the O going today. Solid get going forward for this program....big fan!

- Some excellent interior D...by Giff, Metcalf and McRae....Metcalf real solid on the board/overall, 6pts, 7board, 2ast and 2blks....SOLID!

- CB goes deep into the bench because we have games all weekend....good move. All of the kids that got on the court played and for the most part played well.

- The O got on track in this one...71pts, 46% from the field 42% from beyond the arc....I know the competition was poor but last year no matter the competition we couldn't shoot straight. Good to see us handle our business.

- TO's still a major concern...Timmy with 5....I know he rebounded well (6) and moved the ball well (7ast) but 5 to's is about 3 to many.

Tomorrows game against Detroit will be a very difficult one, they are no Alcorn!

Detroit is very athletic. They will present a real test,

Detroit is very athletic. They will present a real test,

Biggest thing that scares me is their front line! If there was ever a night we needed Timmy to be ON...tomorrow night is the night.

Great win tonight for the Great Danes. Nice play from the bench Tartt was very impressive from down town and with 13 points. Bosi don't worry about the 5 turnovers from Ambrose, Johnson had 5 as well. Lindfors connected from downtown tonight, McRae played a good game. Very good game from Metcalf, Giff was solid again on Defense. Metcalf actually played more minutes and produced more which was good sign for things to come. Weak Team UA was supposed to beat and they did, it was nice to see them get 71 and hopefully they build their confidence for tomorrow night. UA needs these types of games against good teams as well and maybe this will be their building block. Maybe Alcorn State played so poorly because I was in Mr. Means ear all night heckling haha..Great Win, 2 in a row and we need to have SEFCU rocking tomorrow night again to beat Detriot.

Students were great. I hope they all come back tomorrow night. We're going to need them.

Was talking to some people after the game aboug Giff. Seems like he hosed in the stats again. He was credited with 1 block. I swear he had two in the first half and at least one more in the second when the Dangerr Zone was chanting his name.

Nice game by Will Harris. There have been times where he has seemed to force things sometimes and I thought he did a good job of taking what they gave him. Pretty effecient scoring night - 15 pts on 8 shots.

As other said, Tartt had himself a nice start. Great for him to get some confidence going. I'm sure all the freshman are going to have their ups and downs. This will be a good team when we have a different guy step up each night. 11 different players scored and had a rebound tonight.

It was interesting when we got that 18 or 19 point lead. We stopped being aggressive and were really passive, turned the ball over a few times and let Alcorn State back in a bit. I'd like us to find some middle ground there but I can't complain with a 16 point win.

It was interesting when we got that 18 or 19 point lead. We stopped being aggressive and were really passive, turned the ball over a few times and let Alcorn State back in a bit. I'd like us to find some middle ground there but I can't complain with a 16 point win. - DP

At about the same time I looked out on the court and saw 4 1st year players Tartt, Black, Lindfors and I think Metcalf. Good learning experience.

Also was nice to see Aronhalt dunk one.

Very nice to see 11 guys get double digit minutes and still win by 15, some are getting good in game experience.

the student sections were packed tonight. I was actually surprised, happily of course, by this. Was it like this last season as well? I didn't make it to a game last season since I was in Europe for most of the season. I remember when I was a freshman 4 years ago, there were maybe 20 students at the game.

Archived