UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2K Tournament

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holman (32) is a monster.

Detroit was the tougher team. They were physical and we didn't respond well at all. We complained to the refs and let them take us out of what we were trying to do. I hope we're able to learn from it.

Two plays I liked tonight:

-When Mike Johnson led his guy right into Giff at half court and the guy got flattened. The way they were guarding him I thought we could have done that all night.

-Scotty's dunk on the put-back. So far this year when he gets the ball around the hoop he doesn't seem to be thinking about a layup. He's either going to dunk it or get fouled trying. I like it.

Holman (32) is a monster.

Detroit was the tougher team. They were physical and we didn't respond well at all. We complained to the refs and let them take us out of what we were trying to do. I hope we're able to learn from it.

Two plays I liked tonight:

-When Mike Johnson led his guy right into Giff at half court and the guy got flattened. The way they were guarding him I thought we could have done that all night.

-Scotty's dunk on the put-back. So far this year when he gets the ball around the hoop he doesn't seem to be thinking about a layup. He's either going to dunk it or get fouled trying. I like it.

Yeah that dude ran into a brick wall. The next play down, during a pause, he was bending over and holding his head with Holeman talking to him lol.

Jake Lindfors is not a D1 athlete, that simple. This team would be exponentially better if Lindfors didn't play. He ruins the offense by taking shots which he has clearly demonstrated he can NOT make and he kills any defensive momentum by committing terrible fouls.

I tend to disagree if you actually look at the stats..... he was 3 for 7 (better than Harris & Johnson) and 8pts & 7 rebounds in 25 mins as a freshman.

Jake Lindfors is not a D1 athlete, that simple. This team would be exponentially better if Lindfors didn't play. He ruins the offense by taking shots which he has clearly demonstrated he can NOT make and he kills any defensive momentum by committing terrible fouls.

Really-- were we watching the same game? Jake had 8 pts. and 7 reboundds (team high)...as a freshman. Huh...really not worth being out on the court. Is this Big Dog using another IP address. BTW...he shot 3-7...that's not a great number...but on par with the rest of the team. And he had 3 fouls against a huge and talented front line.

Care to rethink your statement?

Beyond Butler I don't know alot about the team by team talent in the Horizon League but I gotta say that Detroit is a physically impressive and talented team (..having a couple of Big 10 refugees sure doesn't hurt any mid major...). If they are 6 in the Horizon as per their coaches poll , then I certainly want to see what #2 through 5 can do...their size and speed was a bad match up for us as it was for RMU the night before...we saw the second half of the RMU-Detroit game and that game seemed to me very similar to the UA-Detroit game....RMU would flirt with getting back into it and then Detroit would put the hammer down...RMU by virtue of size alone is a better match up for us defensively...but they will test our ability to score the basketball...hopefully the Dane's offense can feature more motion and be productive today...I expect a good tight ballgame...its still early but our youngsters face a long, long road trip and getting a win today may prove important to the team's mental outlook and approach to the rest of the out of conference season..GO DANES!

Really-- were we watching the same game? Jake had 8 pts. and 7 reboundds (team high)...as a freshman. Huh...really not worth being out on the court. Is this Big Dog using another IP address. BTW...he shot 3-7...that's not a great number...but on par with the rest of the team. And he had 3 fouls against a huge and talented front line.

From the TU blog.."Among the freshmen, Brown singled out redshirt freshman forward Jake Lindfors, whom Brown said had his best game as a collegian. Lindfors finished with eight points and seven rebounds."

YO DAMIEN/BigDog/DDS/Jeff just likes to complain..and it's not going to be about Ambrose..regardless of his 5 TOs..because he leads the team in offense..the fact is Lindfors did a pretty darn good job last night.

The frosh have already done a pretty good job so far this season..Black, Tartt, Aronhalt, Lindfors and Metcalf could all be at the court at the same time..while that wouldn't win the AE at this point..that's already not a bad five-some!

From the TU blog.."Among the freshmen, Brown singled out redshirt freshman forward Jake Lindfors, whom Brown said had his best game as a collegian. Lindfors finished with eight points and seven rebounds."

YO DAMIEN/BigDog/DDS/Jeff just likes to complain..and it's not going to be about Ambrose..regardless of his 5 TOs..because he leads the team in offense..the fact is Lindfors did a pretty darn good job last night.

The frosh have already done a pretty good job so far this season..Black, Tartt, Aronhalt, Lindfors and Metcalf could all be at the court at the same time..while that wouldn't win the AE at this point..that's already not a bad five-some!

I'm not this other guy "jeff" you like to hate on...I'm just somebody who you all apparently have a problem with because I like to share my opinion and it just so happens this opinion isn't yours. The reality is nobody on this blog has an opinion that actually matters or is going to affect the team in anyway. So why do people get so fired up when somebody has some criticism? I was not attacking anyone else on this board or trying to offend anybody...So i'm not quite sure how I ended up being the bad guy...

With that said back to basketball...

Last night was obviously a very poor performance from everybody. Ambrose- many TO's, 2 charges that he clearly committed because he was trying to do too much, and overall just not a good night for him. Black/Tartt- I thought they both played great in the second half, not much to mention since they were limited to only one half of play. Aronhalt- I thought he played alright, he didn't quite have his shot like the night before but in comparison to the rest of the team I nothing really struck me as bad or great. Harris- 7pts in 23 mins. This offense needs him on the court and to do that he needs to sty out of foul trouble early. MJ- he obviously didn't have his best night. I'm not sure if it was fatigue from playing the entire first half or something else...Off nights happen. Gif- I'd say a pretty typical night from him except he played only 19 mins. He plays decent D and at 6'11" hes at least some size on offense. Metcalf- I like what I've seen from him thus far this year. I realize he had no numbers in 11 mins last night but I think he shows promise for the future. McRae- I like the aggression he brings and he has shot the 3 decent before last night.

Finally... Lindfors- I personally find him the most frustrating player on the team to watch. While he did have a "career night" last night he was still 3-7 and 1-4. But what gets me is what you don't see in the box score. When he misses, he misses big (2 air balls last night alone). He's probably a lot better player than he's playing right now and I probably am being too hard on him. But my point is right now we have 4 other guys (Harris, Ambrose, McRae, Aronhalt) that have proven they can shoot the 3 with some consistent success yet Lindfors takes more looks than them. On defense he brings a combo of speed and size that is great, but he often bails out the other team by commiting silly fouls (and yes I know this problem isn't just limited to him, but I think him and ambrose are the main culprits when it comes to this category).

Yes there is A LOT of complaining in this post, but after a loss like that I'm not sure what else you can say. Shooting 36% and 20 TO's is just not gonna cut it. I was very pleased with friday's effort but I didn't get time to post before last nights game. I'm not BigDog/Jeff and I'm not trying to start problems.

Archived