UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA vs Stony Brook

Allen is a nice player but I really, really don't understand him being on the floor on that last possession, especially matched up with El-Amin. That was bad news all game and it was bad news again at the end.

You could really tell which team has won twenty games and which has lost them at the end. We looked tentative and SB didn't panic. That said, I certainly wouldn't mind driving down to Hartford to see a rematch with them should we prevail in the play-in game. We seem to be able to take away some of their post game and year two of the Tommy Brenton show is a little less effective - seems like the refs recognize that he tries to act like he's fouled on just about every possesion.

Mike Black with 9 assists and only 2 turnovers, seriously?

Was it my imagination or was Scotty McRae doing the Samba during the one TV timeout?

You can question a lot of things about Tim Ambrose but not his toughness. He went down really hard several times tonight and kept on ticking.

Nice crowd toinight. Good work by the Cape and crew, way to cap off your career at home.

Agree about Benton. Complete punk on the floor. Flops, cheap shots etc... El-Amin is a stud though. he hit a couple of shots with defenders right in his grille. I Rock, I will miss seeing your enthusiasm @ the games. Good luck in the future!

Allen is a nice player but I really, really don't understand him being on the floor on that last possession, especially matched up with El-Amin. That was bad news all game and it was bad news again at the end.

I think this answers why he was on the floor and not Harris... http://blog.timesunion.com/collegesports/ualbanys-harris-gassed-on-final-play/6934/

I agree with clickclack and the other on their posts.

UA fought hard.

I'm going to miss McRae...he really did well the last half of the season. However, that being said, why wasn't he guarding El-Amin? He's faster than Allen, and longer than Allen. I don't get it.

Black is going to be AWESOME. I can't wait until his JR or SR years. He's going to be a consensus All-AE player for us.

Benton sucks. I wish he was graduating. We gotta put up with that idiot for two more years.

Here's to next year!

Rough way to end the home portion of the season, but this team persevered and battled back to make it a game after being down 14, and you gotta give them credit for that. I still think we have a chance to win a game or two in Hartford if Scottie continues his hot streak, and we can knock down an outside shot or two.

Thanks for all the kind words by the way everyone. The past 4 years here have been nothing short of the best 4 years of my life, and I look forward to seeing you all at alumni functions and such in the future!

I thought Allen played great defense on that last possession. That was just a great shot by El-Amin. Allen's hand was right in his face too. That's a tough offensive set to defend against at the end of the game; looked like a 1-4 set, with the 4 SB players equally spaced along the baseline. Moreover, SB ran its guards around the baseline off screens for the first 20 seconds of the shotclock (trying to keep us honest and get us a little winded, I'm sure!). SB surely never intended to shoot in the first 20 seconds of the shot clock, but by running a couple guys off screens, etc., you can tire out the defense a bit (or at least that's the intended effect, I presume) for the last play coming in the final 10 seconds of the shot clock.

As to the move by El-Amin, and as Coach pointed out, It was critical that our defender not let El-Amin get past him, thereby forcing help D from our two defenders on the blocks (which would free up 1 of the SB players along the baseline for a jumper). Also, if El-Amin gets a step on a defender, the stage is set for a defensive foul in attempt to recover or contest the forthcoming shot. Given El-Amin's quickness, in that situation, you simply can't allow SB a drive-and-dish open jump shot. In other words, keep El-Amin in front of you.

In sum, great offensive set by SB, great defensive strategy, great player in El-Amin, great defender in Allen, and the ball just went in. Shows how good of shape El-Amin is in too. That's a tough jump shot when you're legs are tired like that! Fun game to watch; I hope we get a rematch on Saturday afternoon of Tournament weekend. Hey, why not us? :ninja:

I agree 100%. Great post and explanation. On the TU blog there was a lot of negativity concerning Allen and CB's move putting Allen in.I wrote that I thought it was a great move getting a fresh pair of legs and good defensive player like Billy on Amin. Thanks for your analysis.

I thought Allen played great defense on that last possession. That was just a great shot by El-Amin. Allen's hand was right in his face too. That's a tough offensive set to defend against at the end of the game; looked like a 1-4 set, with the 4 SB players equally spaced along the baseline. Moreover, SB ran its guards around the baseline off screens for the first 20 seconds of the shotclock (trying to keep us honest and get us a little winded, I'm sure!). SB surely never intended to shoot in the first 20 seconds of the shot clock, but by running a couple guys off screens, etc., you can tire out the defense a bit (or at least that's the intended effect, I presume) for the last play coming in the final 10 seconds of the shot clock.

As to the move by El-Amin, and as Coach pointed out, It was critical that our defender not let El-Amin get past him, thereby forcing help D from our two defenders on the blocks (which would free up 1 of the SB players along the baseline for a jumper). Also, if El-Amin gets a step on a defender, the stage is set for a defensive foul in attempt to recover or contest the forthcoming shot. Given El-Amin's quickness, in that situation, you simply can't allow SB a drive-and-dish open jump shot. In other words, keep El-Amin in front of you.

In sum, great offensive set by SB, great defensive strategy, great player in El-Amin, great defender in Allen, and the ball just went in. Shows how good of shape El-Amin is in too. That's a tough jump shot when you're legs are tired like that! Fun game to watch; I hope we get a rematch on Saturday afternoon of Tournament weekend. Hey, why not us? :ninja:

anyone just see brenton knee fiejld and whack him in the face. clearly a flagrant but the refs are of course blind and called it a personal

Everyone should want a player like him.....he plays "hard"

He straight hood yo. Fo sho.

I like dat tat on his shoulder. That ish is legit yo.

anyone just see brenton knee fiejld and whack him in the face. clearly a flagrant but the refs are of course blind and called it a personal

a hoodlum indeed. he should have gone to Binghamton. He would fit right in.

a hoodlum indeed. he should have gone to Binghamton. He would fit right in.

I'd love to hear some more from Sam about how we'd all love to have this dirtbag on our team....I hope someone asks Fjield how Brantons knees taste...

Archived