UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

American U

Whatever I add doesn't have the validity of the other posts because I live 1200 miles away and obviously don't attend many games.

However, I was out to dinner last night and the first thing I did on the way back to my car was check the final score. Knowing Black was out, I expected UA would struggle, but it was obviously even worse than that.

When I got home, I put the Siena-Minnesota game on. At that time, early in the second half, Siena led by 3. New coach, massive turnover in players from a year ago - and they lead a Big 10 school deep into the game. They were more than competitive and their fans, unlike ours, certainly had no reason to feel embarrassed.

I've never been a huge supporter of his, but CB's comment that the Connecticut game was the 'worst thing to happen to this program' confirmed that he, in fact, is the worst thing to happen to this program.' He didn't coach this program to two post seasons. Jamar and company played us into the two appearances. When he should have been riding the wave of those two seasons (I remember talk on this board of possibly stepping up to the Colonial or A10 Conference) CB has shown nothing but ineffective recruiting, questionable preparation, bad game management. My view from afar is that we find ourselves in a deep hole.

I've been to every single UA Siena game played downtown. Someone convince me its a trip worth taking this year.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To what KingDane said...Vermont loses Blakely and MoJo goes into Siena and beats them. Freshmen Apfield, Voekiel (sp?) and Carissimo looked fantastic. They look poised for another top 3 finish in the AE. Lonergan IMO is the best coach in the AE, ever year this guy get's his team going. He doesn't sit there making excuses about the age of the team, he just coaches and he can recruit.

Then contrast that with UA, we lose one kid albeit a good one for a few games and they can't get out of the 30's. Think about how embarrassing that is...we scored point 40/41 with 4 minutes left in the game. Whatever the offensive "system" is scrap the whole damn thing.

Was anyone that impressed with American last night? I wasn't, their guard play was pretty weak, they only got shots off because we lost them on the defensive end a couple of times. The corner three comes to mind in the second half of the in-bounds when Logan forgot to get on his man camped out in the corner. A half competent team will roll that American team off the court.

Was anyone that impressed with American last night?

Tough to tell if we made them look good. That home run ball where we weren't covering one of their guys comes to mind.

They weren't an overwhelming physical team but I thought they played smart basketball. They ran their offense well, got the ball to their big guys in a position to do damage and didn't take bad shots. Other than Brewer they weren't exactly greased lightning but I thought they were a pretty solid team. Despite our many faults last night we did end up out rebounding them.

I don't recall seeing jerseys for sale at the game. I know they've had them in the past but I didn't see them last night.

I have been accused on this board of being a polyanna and unrealistic; and after last night I blead guilty. I saw little to be hopeful last night and in spite of my positive nature; I am about to join the naysayers. Brown needs to do something to turn this team arround. While I do not really agree that American was that bad a team, they were most certainly beatable, even without Black. Black had better be the best point quard (or player) in the American East, because without him we appear to be nothing. Not to point blame, but (in my opinion) as bad as Iati was, Watts was worst and in my line-up he becomes #14, the last man off the bench. I really do not see anything positive about his game albeit only two games + PG. He does not shoot well and his technique does not bold well for improvement. He does not handle the ball particularly well, nor does he seem to be able to find open team mates. At least Iati seems active and moves well without the ball and is at least attempting to run arround to get open.(Of course these are skills better suited for the shooting guard not the point)

I do not really mean to pick on Watts but my rant after last night just seemed to flow in his direction.

FREE ALLEN and maybe Tartt also.

I'm usually a cynic but it is two games and I will give coach and the team at least 7-10 games before I really go off. There's still plenty of basketball and there is plenty of time to turn this around. Do they sell jerseys at the games?

I'm with you here. Although that game was a debacle I'm not ready to say we suck and will not be a good team this year after two games. I REALLY hate the excuses of Black is out or we are young. Some of these young players need to STEP UP. Logan needs to play a lot better than he is and we NEEEEEED an inside game. I really hope CB can turn this around but I have zero confidence in the offensive game plan.

Do I have to dose some reality into you guys?

Game 2...young team...without the starting point guard.

Game against the team picked to win the Patriot League.

We are picked to finish in 8th.

We wouldnt win the PL.

I am not happy with the result...but people, come on...it is one game...down their floor general. I dont even know why anyone thought we should win the game. That said, the effort seemed to be lacking.

Do I have to dose some reality into you guys?

Game 2...young team...without the starting point guard.

Game against the team picked to win the Patriot League.

We are picked to finish in 8th.

We wouldnt win the PL.

I am not happy with the result...but people, come on...it is one game...down their floor general. I dont even know why anyone thought we should win the game. That said, the effort seemed to be lacking.

That's what you said all of last season, at what point will enough be enough for you?

Let me riddle you this; do you think they win the game with Black? Me...I am not sure. That said, if they lost the game by 4-5 pts (likely with Black)would you be apopylitic upset? Personally, I still wouldn't be upset because American is picked to win a league we wouldnt finish in the top 2 in.

Call me midway in the season....and maybe it's the lawyer in me, but I don't evaluate the whole on a first glance. That...is for fanatics.

Take a breath people...take a breath.

Archived