UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

UA @ FDU

FDU is 'pretty bad' but picked sixth in the NEC, not 12th. We'll still have to play well to win.

I agree-it's possible that FDU's Mike Scott could be the best player on the court, especially if our guards have off nights. We might have an advantage inside though, so hopefully we crash the boards, play a tough grind it out game, and hope the shots are falling. Also,PAGN preview is up. LETS GO!

ESPN insider has a simulation for every game, generally a cool feature, but their notion of UAlbany is comically uninformed. They had Theo Hatcher going for 14+ last game, here's their prediction vs. FDU:

Forecasts PTS

Tim Ambrose 11.0

Logan Aronhalt 10.9

Theo Hatcher 10.5

Mike Black 7.5

Luke Devlin 5.8

Fran Urli 5.1

Ralph Watts 2.8

Jacob Iati 2.6

Blake Metcalf 2.6

Jake Lindfors 2.4

John Puk 1.6

Russell Moore 0.9

and FDU winning 64.5-64.3

ESPN insider has a simulation for every game, generally a cool feature, but their notion of UAlbany is comically uninformed. They had Theo Hatcher going for 14+ last game, here's their prediction vs. FDU:

Forecasts PTS

Tim Ambrose 11.0

Logan Aronhalt 10.9

Theo Hatcher 10.5

Mike Black 7.5

Luke Devlin 5.8

Fran Urli 5.1

Ralph Watts 2.8

Jacob Iati 2.6

Blake Metcalf 2.6

Jake Lindfors 2.4

John Puk 1.6

Russell Moore 0.9

and FDU winning 64.5-64.3

video up on channelsurfing

Go check out my General Topics post....but these boys are thumping FDU. Big Games from our captains, Blake and Logan...with nice support coming from Iati (who is clearly working his way as a serviceable backup), Lindfors and Ambrose.

Give it time folks...give it time....

Just finished watching game on channelsurfing (nice clear picture but announcer sucked(who is Logan Ambrose, lol)) and either FDU really sucks or we improved greatly in just a few days. Iati ran a nice point all night, Logan broke out of his funk, Blake and Jake banged inside and Timmy was under control all night. Lucky that guy Scott on FDU only had a good 1st half and was no where to be found in 2nd half. My concern is still with bigs this season. We hear about what these guys can do but it never shows. Jake is " a European style big man" but never gets a clean look or has any moves down low. Luke is supposed to be a polished player both down low and stepping out but has not shown that since the 1st half of Cornell game. Puk seemed lost tonight. CB says he has offensive skills but I don't see any more than Giff had. I do give Blake credit for what he does defensively and he was never praised for his offensive skills from the start. He is a banger and we need that but the others have to start producing some baskets (or foul shots, and tonight it was brick city from the line.)

Just my thoughts but we can't rely on Logan, Mike, and Timmy every night to produce 90% of the points. We have these big guys for a few more seasons and we need to see solid offensive contributions ASAP.

I didn't see the game and don't know how good FDU is but I'll take a 26 point road win any day. I'd think that's got to be Aronhalt's first career double-double.

Stats always look good in a win but it sounds like Iati is doing a better job running the team. I'm guessing Watts played more off-guard and make take up that spot when Mike Black returns.

Archived