UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post Season - Review

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know people might be in pain right now how this thing ended but I'm very encouraged. Program made strong strides, this incoming recruiting class is huge.

- 16 wins following 7 last year

- Very good young talent

- 3rd place finish in the AE

- Multiple All-AE selections

- Team growing and improving from game to game, sure young mistakes might have cost us bad today but overall there was tangible growth.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people might be in pain right now how this thing ended but I'm very encouraged. Program made strong strides, this incoming recruiting class is huge.

- Very good young talent

- Team growing and improving from game to game, sure young mistakes might have cost us bad today but overall there was tangible growth.

The recruiting class is huge as in they are going to be good or huge as they need to be good or well be in trouble?

- Very good young talent

The recruiting class is huge as in they are going to be good or huge as they need to be good or well be in trouble?

Huge as in, we can't blow it like we did with Reid Anderson, Mike Yocum etc.

- Very good young talent

Huge as in, we can't blow it like we did with Reid Anderson, Mike Yocum etc.

Got it. We can only hope.

I voted A. Why?

Because we not only improved 3-4 wins but we improved more than double the wins. And it's a young team. The fact that we did how we did with such a young team I feel is worthy of a high-mark.

Now the boring off-season.

I voted B-. Great improvement. A win today and loss tomorrow would've made it an B+, a trip to the finals would have made it an A. Really disappointed after the loss today. Tough walking out of that arena when I was hoping to stay and scout our next opponent.

I just voted A- but I am somewhere in between that and a B+.

I would rather win games that matter than count the number of wins. Games where the team has needed to step up they haven't.

Edit: I should say the big games. Every game matters.

I voted B+..was struggling between B and B+ after today's quarterfinal loss..but decided to be optimistic.

Good: 9-win improvement..above .500 during the regular season..T-3rd place and 4th seed when picked to finish 8th..beat Siena..won BPG..went 4-0 against SUNYs (during regular season)

Bad: Had 3 All-AE players..including a 1st teamer..and an All-Rookie member..in a comparatively weak AE and still bowed out in the quarterfinals..only real upset win was over a decent CCSU team..and maybe Maine on the road..lost home opener..lost MSG game

Consider this.

In the 2004-05 season, we came off a single digit numbers of wins the prior year; we beat Siena; we were the 4 seed in the AE Tournament; the 4/5 game was the noon game on Saturday; we lost the 4/5 game by six points. Need I continue?

Consider this.

In the 2004-05 season, we came off a single digit numbers of wins the prior year; we beat Siena; we were the 4 seed in the AE Tournament; the 4/5 game was the noon game on Saturday; we lost the 4/5 game by six points. Need I continue?

Man...that's nutty

Consider this.

If we're picked first then we might got something.

I think overall we have a lot to look forward to. This was probably the most successful building block of a season we've had since the last NCAA tourney visit. We trotted 3 sophs and a frosh out there in our starting 5 with first 2 guys off the bench being freshmen. This is going to be a team to be reckoned with for the next 3 seasons.

I voted B and was leaning heavy B+; but the inconsistency brings me down some. I also voted 16+ wins in the pre-season pole. I think this team has a lot of talent and at some point has to stop using the 'we are young" story (note I did not say excuse). Even though they accomplished MUCH, and I am very pleased, I still think they left a little on the table. Maybe I would have felt different with a qtr final win saturday. GOOD SEASON, looking forward to even better next year. And I will go out on a limb and predict a pre-season number one pick.

Archived