UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Post Season - Review

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted B and was leaning heavy B+; but the inconsistency brings me down some. I also voted 16+ wins in the pre-season pole. I think this team has a lot of talent and at some point has to stop using the 'we are young" story (note I did not say excuse). Even though they accomplished MUCH, and I am very pleased, I still think they left a little on the table. Maybe I would have felt different with a qtr final win saturday. GOOD SEASON, looking forward to even better next year. And I will go out on a limb and predict a pre-season number one pick.

In my opinion the we are young excuse (as valid as it was) expired when they walked off the court Saturday. Ton of minute between the four presumed starters for next season.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I voted B and was leaning heavy B+; but the inconsistency brings me down some. I also voted 16+ wins in the pre-season pole. I think this team has a lot of talent and at some point has to stop using the 'we are young" story (note I did not say excuse). Even though they accomplished MUCH, and I am very pleased, I still think they left a little on the table. Maybe I would have felt different with a qtr final win saturday. GOOD SEASON, looking forward to even better next year. And I will go out on a limb and predict a pre-season number one pick.

In my opinion the we are young excuse (as valid as it was) expired when they walked off the court Saturday. Ton of minute between the four presumed starters for next season.

Yup that young excuse should no longer be used. Next year is Logans 4th year with the program (longest of everyone). He really needs to step up next year and be that leader. It will also be Puks 3rd year as well although he's technically going to be a sophomore. This goes for Watts as well. Next season will be this groups 3rd year together.

Yup that young excuse should no longer be used. Next year is Logans 4th year with the program (longest of everyone). He really needs to step up next year and be that leader. It will also be Puks 3rd year as well although he's technically going to be a sophomore. This goes for Watts as well. Next season will be this groups 3rd year together.

I think BU will be picked 1st though. With SBU second followed by UVM or UA.

One thing I've seen here a lot is having a "young team" tied to the word "excuse." Finishing tied for third I don't think we have to make excuses. I was pretty happy the way this year turned out and find having a "young team" a reason for optimism. I realize optimism is usually a dirty word here.

I agree with 08 about Stony Brook probably being picked first. I think that's actually a good thing. The SUNY schools haven't really been good at the same time and I think it will really amp up the rivalry if they are.

While it might be an excuse it was very much a VALID excuse. We were stupid (ridiculous) young this season.

KenPom has a measure for experience of teams, UA's experience is calculated at 1.05 (326) in the country. Man, I didn't realize we were that young.

While it might be an excuse it was very much a VALID excuse. We were stupid (ridiculous) young this season.

KenPom has a measure for experience of teams, UA's experience is calculated at 1.05 (326) in the country. Man, I didn't realize we were that young.

Interesting statistic.

Here's another nugget...this season 16 wins was the third most in our D1 history. Yikes...We've had two 20 wins season and everything else was 15 or less.

Good season and I bet there are a few D1 teams that would be more than happy to trade their record for ours over the first decade of d1 even tough we "only" have 3 seasons of 16 or more wins.

I was a toss up between B- and C+. Ended at C+. Easily more wins than expected. No real good wins in my opinion. I wasn't impressed w/ the conference this year. Quick out in the AE tourney. Maybe w/ the win over Siena it should be a B-?

I was a toss up between B- and C+. Ended at C+. Easily more wins than expected. No real good wins in my opinion. I wasn't impressed w/ the conference this year. Quick out in the AE tourney. Maybe w/ the win over Siena it should be a B-?

Pretty much read my mind, but because of the Siena game I went for the "B-".

-The "best" win of the season was against 150th ranked CCSU by one point.

-We played a very weak schedule (and yes, I know the AE will drag that number down, but that just should have meant more wins.)

-We got crushed in the "Garden", in front of our less diehard fans.

-The early exit in the AE tourney stung.

-The AE was down as a whole and LCC ended up stinking with Mitch anyhow.

The grades are high because the expectations were so low after an ABSOLUTE debacle of a season last year, but in a vaccuum it was just a .500 season.

But, yes, there are some nice pieces returning...let's hope it starts out good early.

Pretty much read my mind, but because of the Siena game I went for the "B-".

-The "best" win of the season was against 150th ranked CCSU by one point.

-We played a very weak schedule (and yes, I know the AE will drag that number down, but that just should have meant more wins.)

-We got crushed in the "Garden", in front of our less diehard fans.

-The early exit in the AE tourney stung.

-The AE was down as a whole and LCC ended up stinking with Mitch anyhow.

The grades are high because the expectations were so low after an ABSOLUTE debacle of a season last year, but in a vaccuum it was just a .500 season.

But, yes, there are some nice pieces returning...let's hope it starts out good early.

"Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

So on the eve of the opener I realize that my initial expectations haven't changed much since the end of last year.

Knowing that my opinion means nothing, and not fearing that I will be branded with the moniker of "fair weather fan" by program loyalists, I enter this season expecting the men's basketball team to win ten games total."

Haggy - I would never brand you a fair weather fan - I guess that +6 wins = B-

I didn't differ much than you - I gave a B+ based on an "A" grade being winning the regular season or tournament title

even though this team exceeded my preseason expectations - 13 to 15 wins

Like you I hope next year starts out good early

"Posted 11 November 2010 - 10:39 PM

So on the eve of the opener I realize that my initial expectations haven't changed much since the end of last year.

Knowing that my opinion means nothing, and not fearing that I will be branded with the moniker of "fair weather fan" by program loyalists, I enter this season expecting the men's basketball team to win ten games total."

Haggy - I would never brand you a fair weather fan - I guess that +6 wins = B-

I didn't differ much than you - I gave a B+ based on an "A" grade being winning the regular season or tournament title

even though this team exceeded my preseason expectations - 13 to 15 wins

Like you I hope next year starts out good early

If I was making my grade compared to my expectations for the season, this year's performance would have to be a solid "A". This team showed heart and hustle that was sorely missing from last year's team, they played hard through the whole season, and heck, I don't think I once had to hear about how low their basketball IQs are.

Put that side to side to last year and you don't just have an "A"; you might have a valedictorian.

Put 16-16 in a weakened conference next to where I want, where I expect, and where I firmly believe we should be, and you end up with a "B-".

Archived