UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Biggest week in UA football history (@ SBU)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, we should have a boatload of UA fans in that stadium.

Maybe as many as stony brook.

And maybe Fordie and players will have a chip on their shoulder,

over how things have developed over the past few years.

Not bad motivation in my opinion!

Let's do it.

When do tickets go on sale?

Ok.

From a, "I am only pissed at playing SBU because it may take months to explain to their fans, if they indeed win, that they are not the greatest team in SUNY...simply there is a 30 scholarship player difference" concept. Other than that...this one of three opportunities, with two truly being winnable, that we could have to actually win a first round game (the other would have been Norfolk State...I would have had Albany -5 in that game. It would also suck in the recruiting battle if we lose this game big. Maybe our new President will see this an opt to kick th pants off of McElroy and go fully scholly if we get our butts handed to us.

That said, as Danefan said, their offensive strength actually plays to our defensive strength. From our offensive perspective, they give up BIG yards in the air (nearly 250 a game, which definitely favors a much improved Dan DiLella. I think we are MUCH more balanced than Stony Brook offensively. I watched Lafayette put up some stupid yards in the air when they put 8 in the box against them. And Lafayette was an AWFUL football team this year.

What scares me is that they beat the pants off a solid Coastal squad...and played an FBS tough, granted a $ienaty FBS. The Seawolves are truly Hekyl and Jekyl...so it really depends on which team shows that day.

Nope...I was purposeful in what I wrote...dead serious.

:)

They are truly a bunch of chatter boxes (the AD) and cuckoo heads (Heckle and Jeckle)...and from a playing perspective....they are either Mr. Hyde...or Dr. Jekyl.

Stony Brook...uuuggghhhh. This game is both good and bad regardless of the outcome.

Where do I begin? First off Congrats to our players especially our Sr's,coaching staff, and everyone else that is responsible for our very successful season.

This has to be the game that our athletic department DID NOT want to get. Yes, it is a winnable game, but now there is a glaring spotlight on the question we have all wondered for years: Did we screw the pooch by not going with SBU to the Big South? SBU spent the money and we went the cheaper way. It is clear we have gotten the desired result of getting to the NCAA's for rock bottom prices. I can imagine the look on McElroy's face when they said SBU as opposed to UNH or Maine..LOLOLOLOL.

If SBU blows our doors off then egg will be on the face of the President and the Athletic Department. If we win, then all is OK. Kind of a lose-lose for the football program. A win could keep us in the NEC and a loss, well, that may be the kick in the a$$ that is needed to get up to at least 57 rides with a new facility. While I do believe we will get the facility, I am not sure we will ever leave the NEC. The best we can hope for at that point is for Maine & UNH to join the NEC with Rhody and get up to at least 50 rides.

Stony Brook...uuuggghhhh. This game is both good and bad regardless of the outcome.

Where do I begin? First off Congrats to our players especially our Sr's,coaching staff, and everyone else that is responsible for our very successful season.

This has to be the game that our athletic department DID NOT want to get. Yes, it is a winnable game, but now there is a glaring spotlight on the question we have all wondered for years: Did we screw the pooch by not going with SBU to the Big South? SBU spent the money and we went the cheaper way. It is clear we have gotten the desired result of getting to the NCAA's for rock bottom prices. I can imagine the look on McElroy's face when they said SBU as opposed to UNH or Maine..LOLOLOLOL.

If SBU blows our doors off then egg will be on the face of the President and the Athletic Department. If we win, then all is OK. Kind of a lose-lose for the football program. A win could keep us in the NEC and a loss, well, that may be the kick in the a$$ that is needed to get up to at least 57 rides with a new facility. While I do believe we will get the facility, I am not sure we will ever leave the NEC. The best we can hope for at that point is for Maine & UNH to join the NEC with Rhody and get up to at least 50 rides.

I agree with this point, but if we win and get blown out at Sam Houston, the point on 63 rides remains the same.

I'm just spinning though as I'm trying to think as positively about beating SBU as possible though.

Archived