UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Biggest week in UA football history (@ SBU)

Congratulations to Bob Ford and the team, especially the seniors. I think the sbu game is a very winnable game and I for one am very happy with the pairing.

But as I said earlier in this "Biggest week..." thread, win or loose it is irrelevant where the new stadium is concerned. I suppose if the athletic department had some sort of marketing or publicity strategy (which those who follow this blog and especially the tu haters know they do not), they could use this week, this championship game, this ncca appearance to promote the stadium. The stadium is long overdue and the schools silence SPEAKS VOLUME.

The delays, the lack of promotion and even Philips stating we are not building a stadium (only a combined use athletic field?????????????) SPEAKS VOLUME. Who are we afraid of??

I am not a pessimist by nature; I have been even called a "Polyanna" by some on this blog, but I will throw it out here, the VOLUME I fear is that there will be no stadium and perhaps like Hofsta, NE no football, or like RI lack of emphasis. Those who think it cannot happen to us read 96's and other's offers of help to UA, being rejected or ignored.

I hope I am wrong, but I have said multiple times, I do not understand how the university can build this thing in silence. One day Jennings or some Albany resident heading to Crossgates driving down Western looks up and says "WOW look at that a football stadium, I wonder how it got there?"

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Come on UAlbany -- Show our UA spirit and cheer on the football team in their first trip to the NCAAs! Hop on the fan bus to be a part of history and watch Coach Ford take his first Division I team to compete in the NCAA against Stony Brook on Saturday, Nov. 26. Limited tickets are available! Register by Wednesday, Nov. 23, by 2 p.m. to reserve your spot.

$20 -- Cost includes round trip bus transportation from the Alumni House, game ticket and continental breakfast. The bus will leave the Alumni House at 8:30 a.m. and return after the end of the 2 p.m. game. "

Register:

Called the alumni association. Trying to get a ticket but not taking the bus. They sent me to the athletic department, and I got no answer. Someone is suppose to call me back tomorrow with info.

Let me know details of how much when they get back to you. I am taking the bus, but am trying to talk people from downstate into meeting me there.

It's not easy to get excited over a game vs. SBU but considering they are a SUNY rival and in close proximity to many UA students during break, it was the right call on the selection committee's part. I was really hoping for JMU but it looks like they got royally screwed out of a home game in their nice new digs.

This went out to all students today...

UAlbany’s football team has their first-ever NCAA bid, and they are playing Stony Brook University on Saturday, November 26, at 2:00 pm at Stony Brook. All seats are general admission and cost $12. They can be purchased on campus now by calling (518)437-4415. Tickets sales end Wednesday at 3:00. If you can, please come out and support the UAlbany Great Danes at this exciting game.

Christine A. Bouchard

Vice President for Student Success

Update about tickets. Alumni Association is not selling tickets on there own. They are only selling tickets that go with the bus. I called the Athletic Dept and got my ticket. They will have it at will call for me Saturday. Very excited. Already told MSGD I would annoy him, but bob, I need a crazy guy like you to chill with during these games also.

Update about tickets. Alumni Association is not selling tickets on there own. They are only selling tickets that go with the bus. I called the Athletic Dept and got my ticket. They will have it at will call for me Saturday. Very excited. Already told MSGD I would annoy him, but bob, I need a crazy guy like you to chill with during these games also.

Haha, I'm not going but GDG is.. have fun. I'll be in enemy territory an hour south of Syracuse.

Got everything squared today. I am on the bus and a friend who is staying downstate for the weekend is meeting me at the game. His ticket is at willcall. See you Saturday.

Archived