UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Grade the OOC

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Interested to see what grade people would give the OOC. Obviously we'll have one more home OOC game, the BB so perhaps it will push up or down the grade.

I'd give it a strong C+ (almost a B-) for the following reasons. I know we equaled our highest total number of W's with a chance to set a new record at 9, that's all well and good but...

- In a year we were supposed to beat Siena, we lost after choking away a huge lead.

- We blew a number of other big leads, Cornell (lost the game), Navy (luckily won), never showed up for GMU, struggled mightily with a poor Mount team.

- Another year, now 11 with ZERO BCS wins...

Win the BB and set the new UA record and it will probably push it to a B or B-

So what say you guys?

Kind of a strange year in that an incoming player is our best player. I can't think of a year's that happened since Jamar's freshman year.

It's hard to be disappointed with a winning OOC record but I think we probably all our to one extent or another. Had we won the games at Cornell and Siena I would have said it was a terrific OOC season but that didn't happen. Still not bad and if this group stays together for the next season and a half there are going to be a lot of fun times at Sefcu.

I'm not as obsessed with the BCS games as Click and Ed Beamiss seem to be. Not that I don't want really freakin want to win one but if you look at teams in their first ten seasons of DI you are not going to see many BCS wins.

Overall , not a bad ooc.

But I certainly can't give an A after blowing a 19 point lead to such a garbage team the first monday in December. I don't think I can even give a B after that so I went with a C.

As far as "signature" wins. While that would be nice, I am not really concerned with that as much as I would like to see beating garbage teams (like the one played the first Monday in December) on a more consistent basis.

I'd give an A+ for the first 17:30 in the LCC game, I'd give an F for the next 22:30.

I agree with bob. Just for this alone, they can't climb above a C+

If we eliminated that game, I'd give them a straight B

It's all in the past. Time to look forward and crush some skulls in league play.

Danes finish the OOC with the best record in the conference and the majority of voters are giving a 'C' ...tough crowd!

They didn't win anything that the should not havre and lost two that they should have. I'm not advocating for a difficult non conference schedule but we beat a lot of bad teams. We did lose to some really good teams too.

Ehh..I think you're low on Cornell. They're pretty comparable..especially with it having been a road game for us.

Using Sagarin..7 of 9 AE teams had SOS ranked 265 or lower (UVM 249, BU 65). So it's not as if we're playing weaklings while the rest of the conference is losing to top tier teams. I don't know if having the 65th toughest schedule would console me much as a Terrier fan with my team sitting at 4-10.

Ehh..I think you're low on Cornell. They're pretty comparable..especially with it having been a road game for us.

Using Sagarin..7 of 9 AE teams had SOS ranked 265 or lower (UVM 249, BU 65). So it's not as if we're playing weaklings while the rest of the conference is losing to top tier teams. I don't know if having the 65th toughest schedule would console me much as a Terrier fan with my team sitting at 4-10.

Also using that rating UA is currently in 4th. Still a "C" for me at this point. Without the bad loss the first Monday in December they would be at least 3rd there and also would rank higher in my book.

Like uofalbany said, that is past. Lets see how the rest of the season plays out starting tonight.

I voted solid B. $iena loss a fluke straightup. Road loss at Cornell could have should have been a W, but overall pretty pleased.

No argument that LCC game wasn't a fluke in at least some sense. Lesser teams defeat better teams a good amount of times especially at home. If the better teams always won, you wouldn't have first place teams in a league at 11-5 or 12-4; they would be 16-0 with the last place team at 0-16 and everyone else in corresponding order.

That being said, I don't like losing to a broken down Cadillac and would have especially liked to have shut that idiot OD whatever his name is up.

To me, like Rex Ryan and Rob Ryan in the NFL, every blowout loss by his team is enjoyable. On December 5th, we lost the opportunity to be the team to shut him up.

Archived