UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I like what stony brook is doing with their arena... we should adopt something similar..

They will look like Binghamton's arena.

FH, softball and baseball all deserve permanent seating, something similar to JFF without all of the bells and whistles.

$500k each for stands/pressbox.

HOw about moving the baseball field towards the stadium... and then slapping down a restroom plaza smack dab in the middle of fh,jff,and baseball fields. Keep concessions ONLY under the stadiium.

We want to be big time? Then think and plan big, and come up with the money.

Edited by uofalbany

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike Stony Brook, our Men's and Women's Indoor T&F have value; unless we get an indoor practice facility/peformance center...we can't touch SEFCU to do what SBU is doing.

Which is why the university and the city of Albany should built an indoor practice facility to replace the bubble..

keep the giants happy and have a home for indoor winter practices for everyone.

There appears to be a ton of activity in center field if you will...any idea as to what they are doing?

I think it is just a staging area for the rest of the work.

The concrete forms are going up for the remainder of the field-level wall and they are also creeping along with the "skim coat" on top. Some of that wall will remain visible and I think will be painted so they need a good clean surface.

It also looks like the are doing some more excavation up around the tower area. I'm really hoping that sucker starts to rise up out of the ground before homecoming.

Brutus - do you know if the tower is steel construction or concrete?

If its steel I imagine the skeleton will go up very quickly. Concrete will take some additional time of course.

There appears to be a ton of activity in center field if you will...any idea as to what they are doing?

The concrete forms are going up for the remainder of the field-level wall and they are also creeping along with the "skim coat" on top. Some of that wall will remain visible and I think will be painted so they need a good clean surface.

It also looks like the are doing some more excavation up around the tower area. I'm really hoping that sucker starts to rise up out of the ground before homecoming.

If its steel I imagine the skeleton will go up very quickly. Concrete will take some additional time of course.

I think it's more then just staging in center field...they look like they dug something up or are digging right down the middle.

Well, they are certainly pushing up dirt for some reason..

Just how level was the soccer field before construction began?

Doesn't matter - the Ford Field turf will be laid over a concrete base, plus there has to be some system for drainage installed.

The south elevator tower is a steel framed structure with an insulated metal panel skin and some precast for the most part.

Out of sight of the webcam, they've been backfilling behind the lower two walls of the grandstand

fordfield10052012007.jpg

The base is going in for the northeast corner of the bowl

fordfield10052012004.jpg

BTW the old soccer scoreboard is at least ten yards east of the berm staircase, so maybe it will stay, if they can find the other end of the wires

and today I got a picture of the bridge over Indian Pond

fordfield10052012003.jpg

Out of sight of the webcam, they've been backfilling behind the lower two walls of the grandstand

fordfield10052012007.jpg

Thanks for posting. I like this pic because that construction worker shows the true scale of the whole thing. It's really much bigger than the pictures and webcam make it seem.