UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I would be shocked if that were the case. The 50 yard line appears on the webcam to split Section 105 right down the middle.

MY bag. I guess you are right. The angle of the web cam makes it difficult to get a real perspective.

Readers please ignore post #732.

Done.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it look like the ALB logo is facing North/South instead of East/West...and why isn't it horizontally centered?

Because that is not its final position. They unloaded it and placed it in the general area, but then will "seal" it in its final position later.

A good example of this is the 30-yard marker, on the Northeast side. (Look at in between 12:30PM and 2:30PM today.)

Why does it look like the ALB logo is facing North/South instead of East/West...and why isn't it horizontally centered?

alb2v.jpg

The turf crew hasn't finished laying it out yet. The logo is made up of several separate pieces that need to be precisely measured and laid out at mid-field before sewn/adhered in place.

alb2v.jpg

I'd leave it right there...looks good and will really throw off opposing teams who will think they have more room to the east of the logo then they do.

I would be shocked if that were the case. The 50 yard line appears on the webcam to split Section 105 right down the middle.

MY bag. I guess you are right. The angle of the web cam makes it difficult to get a real perspective.

Definitely an illusion, but I couldn't get a good angle for a pic.

But for the distance from the sideline, it still looks a long way

fordfield05082013.jpg

They were also adding a black border around the numbers.

Was at the T&F ceremony today, the old track has already been removed. Vives said we already have a commitment for the 2015 NY State T&F High School championships.

Definitely an illusion, but I couldn't get a good angle for a pic.

But for the distance from the sideline, it still looks a long way

fordfield05082013.jpg

They were also adding a black border around the numbers.

Was at the T&F ceremony today, the old track has already been removed. Vives said we already have a commitment for the 2015 NY State T&F High School championships.

The border around the numbers is UAlbany purple, same color as the south endzone.

Today's photos: https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109125479176636089044/albums/5875763303293422833

I was trying to get a view from the top of the lacrosse stands, and by standing directly east of the stadium on the soccer fields, but the athletics fields were all behind locked gates. I will try again next week.

As a suggestion (or reminder), any members that want to use the google account to post pictures should feel free to do so. The log-in information is:

User Name: UAStadium

PW: UAUA2012 (Case sensitive.)

I know everyone is talking about the distance...but come now. Most NFL stadiums, the NEW stadiums are even FURTHER away from the actual sidelines than these fields. WHY?

To be FIFA regulation size. The US has more FIFA ready stadiums then ANYWHERE in the world. The newest stadiums are actually built to the widest FIFA standards for width.

So bottom line...our stadium sightlines won't be that far off. Just my .02.