UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's happening near the light pole closest to the camera? Seems like there has been for a while some type of retaining wall or something....

That is a retaining wall which holds up the grass berm. That will be grass and will have a walkway that goes all the way around.

It still looks to me that the extra space needed for soccer/lacrosse has been added to the visitor side. Note on the web cam a narrow white line extending out from each end zone and running the length of the visitor side. I do not see this configuration on the home side and it may be an optical illusion, but it appears there is more turf on the visitor side extending from the football sideline. Can anyone {Brutus perhaps} confirm this or not?

Edited by dslyank

I think it might be an optical illusion because of the webcam but I might be wrong.

Also, I'm thinking the mounds of sand they dumped on the visitors side is going to be spread into the turf itself. The only reason I think that is because its covered with a tarp and held down by the orange weight bags they used to hold the turf down. Makes me think the turf company is using the sand.

They used to fill these fields with ground up tires, but I know in recent years they've realized there were issues with using old tires in the fields. Plus, as a former player, the little black pellets were the worse. You ate more of them then were on the field it seemed.

For those still contemplating ticket section: as I suspected {but was told I was wrong}; the 3 sections to the left [tower side/south side] of the $1000seats are CLOSER to midfield than the 3 north side sections. From todays web cam, with yard markers now included, it appears the 50 yd line crosses section 104 NOT 105 as pictured in the online ticket order form. I suppose this could be an optical illusion, because I was told the stadium seating was totally symmetrical with the field. But from the web cam, this does not appear to be the case.

I would be shocked if that were the case. The 50 yard line appears on the webcam to split Section 105 right down the middle.

MY bag. I guess you are right. The angle of the web cam makes it difficult to get a real perspective.

Readers please ignore post #732.

Edited by dslyank