UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the picture of the new broadcast lights, does anyone know what that added "gate" is located on the top row to the far left of the TV platform?! It looks to be about 10 feet from the broadcast platform.

There are 3 camera wells. I think what you're seeing on the left is the other camera platform.

I imagine the main cameras will be on the home side; maybe the angle will be high enough they won't show above the top of the bleachers except when following the ball on kicks.

Would it be too confusing for announcers if the action on the TV monitors is moving in the opposite direction of what they see live?

I imagine the main cameras will be on the home side; maybe the angle will be high enough they won't show above the top of the bleachers except when following the ball on kicks.

Would it be too confusing for announcers if the action on the TV monitors is moving in the opposite direction of what they see live?

This is a big factor I think

Although I can not remember specifics, when I watched the YES production that year... it seemed that they had more angles. We should have the technology now, to have multiple cameras going, and announcers having a choice of which video feed to follow. But then again, I'm no video tech.

No pix today, but they've broken up and removed the sidewalk that was undercut by the storms last week. They've also removed the temporary railing behind the lower deck; only orange tape strung across now, so finish work there must be the next step.

This is a big factor I think

Plus the UAlbany logo at the 50 yard line would be upside down if shot from the visitors side. Usually they have some roaming cameras that shoot from the end zone that hopefully will get the home side seats. What I want is a shot from a blimp!

72 has mentioned most of the recent construction updates, but I was at the university last night and decided to take some pictures of the progress (or progress and regress in this series of photos.):

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/109125479176636089044/albums/5903428706224951761

1) Washed-out sidewalk from 7/12.

2) Additional photo of the washed-out sidewalk from 7/12.

3) The demolished stairs from the Western entrance.

4) The Western entrance without the staircases.

5) A shot of the main stands, with the broadcast lights installed.

6) A close-up of the broadcast lights.

7) A shot of the temporary bleachers on the Eastern side.

8) The area where the sidewalk has been removed, with evidence of new grading.

9) A view from above the removed sidewalk, looking south.

10) The retaining wall near the sidewalk walkway, including the area where the sidewalk was demolished.

11) The demolished sidewalk.

12) A view of the gating and the flagpole area near the northern end zone.

13) The track and field facility construction, with a new interior concrete border.