UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

Quickest way to Phase II is to sell out or get close to it in every game - not just the first game and homecoming.

Bring your family, friends and co workers.

Arrange for a work outing. Group ticket packages are actually pretty cheap.

If we just get the Clackster to bring one person for each of his posts we should be all set.

By the home opener we would likely be over capacity.

That's over 7k more people...where are you gonna put them.

Man, you've been really silly lately!

EDIT: whelp...looks like we'll have to add one more seat...

Edited by Clickclack

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's over 7k more people...where are you gonna put them.

Man, you've been really silly lately!

EDIT: whelp...looks like we'll have to add one more seat...

I wasn't counting those that were already planning on attending, so yeah, it might be too many.

Good to see you fell into the trap by responding, though.

East side bleachers finished today

j1fo.jpg

What I guess are the 'broadcast lights' are installed. Makes me wonder how they'll arrange "HOME OF THE GREAT DANES" on the roof

0kwc.jpg

Oddly, where we used to have the entrance stairway is now a pile of rubble8niz.jpg

But they've saved some of the stair sections

y549.jpg

Also they've laid out the borders to extend the sidewalk back to the ticket booth.

Thanks 72 for the photos... what day did they actually start assembling the visitors' bleachers?

Post #1091 shows the work early afternoon on Monday, so then unless they did a little Saturday after the webcam went down. Four days tops.

What I guess are the 'broadcast lights' are installed. Makes me wonder how they'll arrange "HOME OF THE GREAT DANES" on the roof

0kwc.jpg

If you refer to any of the renderings posted out there, you'll see that that the "Home of the Great Danes" is along the roof edge at the north side of the building, not where the lights are.

Edited by Brutus

Those broadcast lights are interesting. I wonder if they'll always be on or if they'll only be used for televised games. If they are are only select times, will it be noticeable by the players on the field?

Since Rick Coe called them 'broadcast lights', probably only for TV games, not for soccer matches or practice. May be noticed by the home team which is there all the time. Similar to playing baseball in a minor league park compared to Yankee Stadium, or how an ice rink normally uses lights adequate for recreational skating but turns on an extra set so hockey players can see a 100-mph puck.

If you refer to any of the renderings posted out there, you'll see that that the "Home of the Great Danes" is along the roof edge at the north side of the building, not where the lights are.

Yes, but most of the renderings I saw didn't show the lights, and I'm having trouble envisioning how big the lettering will be; also the lights in the middle look too short to have the sign in front of them, which means the stadium name on the south side will be separated by bright lights from the north side. Hope the sponsor's name isn't too long - Martin, Harding and Mazzotti Multi-Sport Complex, Home of the Great Danes'. Just speculating until it's actually erected.

BTW weren't they expecting to award the naming rights by now?

Assembe in four days... disassemble will be fast and easy, when the permanent structure goes in. For temporary, I think they look pretty sharp. They'll fit in nicely somewhere on another field, when the time comes. They WERE suppose to have announced the naming rights by now.

Edited by uofalbany