UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

I know we're all excited about the CAA, but let us not forget we have the 2012 season to play before anything happens.

Santillo tweeted out this morning that Buddy Leathely is not on the roster. that's a big loss for us, if for no other reason other than depth.

A QB is the missing piece to put a repeat together. We are super thin at QB. Only listing 3 on the roster.

Will Fiachi and Ryan Smith have to be in contention as I wouldn't expect Ryan Spellman, the Frosh out of Monroe, to be ready.

Edited by danefan

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the contrary...I fully well expect to win the NEC this season. We are loaded everywhere except qb. O line should be better.

Yes, losing a qb hurts but I don't think he quit because he was going to be named a starter. Starting qb's do not quit. He qprobably quit because he may have slid down the depth chart(Gonna happen a lot more at every position now that we are moving into the "big leagues"). A couple of years ago he would not have started if Dilella didnt get benched. He was a small quick running qb and we need a big physical qb with an arm and should be able to run. We are equipped with the best recievers this program has ever seen. We need someone who can throw it and run it.

At 6'1 and 185lbs he was not equipped physically to play at this level. He would have rotated in and out in a package anyways. I stood next to DiLella at the golf outing Saturday and it was like standing next to a power forward in basketball. 6'5 and 235lbs...just big.

When is the NEC media day? Any sense of where we will be picked this year? Can we repeat?

NEC tweets say preseason poll to be announced August 2.

I'd expect a winning record, but a championship will be tough.

When does Phil Steele's preview and predictions come out or is it out already. As opposed to the coaches who are trying to win games and could not care less if they actually predict the standings , Phil Steele is trying to accurately predict the standings and usually does a great job. I think he had us first last year while the coaches had us 4th.

Edited by bob87

When is the NEC media day? Any sense of where we will be picked this year? Can we repeat?

NEC tweets say preseason poll to be announced August 2.

I'd expect a winning record, but a championship will be tough.

When does Phil Steele's preview and predictions come out or is it out already. As opposed to the coaches who are trying to win games and could not care less if they actually predict the standings , Phil Steele is trying to accurately predict the standings and usually does a great job. I think he had us first last year while the coaches had us 4th.

Phil Steele's preview can be ordered now for delivery expected in mid-August.

I know we're all excited about the CAA, but let us not forget we have the 2012 season to play before anything happens.

Santillo tweeted out this morning that Buddy Leathely is not on the roster. that's a big loss for us, if for no other reason other than depth.

A QB is the missing piece to put a repeat together. We are super thin at QB. Only listing 3 on the roster.

Will Fiachi and Ryan Smith have to be in contention as I wouldn't expect Ryan Spellman, the Frosh out of Monroe, to be ready.

I agree. Very concerned with the qb position this upcoming year. Hopefully one of these youngsters can flourish.

Has anyone confirmed that Leathely's no longer on the team?

Could it have been in error, the omission?

Andrew Santillo@AndrewSantillo tweets today

Buddy Leathley has left the @ualbanyfootball program & school - Will Fiacchi enters preseason as No. 1 QB for defending @necsports champs

Off recent history, preseason would begin next Monday, August 6. Can anyone confirm?

In the past they'd use the fields by the tennis courts while the Giants were still here. Probably breaking in the new rec field turf this year?

Camp does start Monday.

Not sure on the rec field, but there isn't much room anywhere else.