UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that's good news when one of your best players goes down.

That said, I wished he had RS originally...and Omar Osbourne is a player. So I like that we will have two very good backs this year...and will be followed up with two more years of the same.

I suspect Power Lawrence could be RS as well...adding 20lbs should be his goal. So my gues is Ben M will do the dirty work behind Smith and Osbourne.

With the new scholarships I also suspect they will go after two running backs...RS them...and that will give us some nice depth for CAA Year 2.

Edited by Dane96

Looks like we will be using the"Wild Cat" more than we would like. Hopefully #10 still remebers how to throw downfield.

Anyone have anything on Fiacchi?? What about the QB transfer from Colgate?

Fiacchi is a big strong passer. 6'3", 220lbs - Similar to DiLella. He played Class B ball at Marcellus so he was under-recruited. He is third all-time in NYS passing yardage.

So my gues is Ben M will do the dirty work behind Smith and Osbourne.

Anybody know if Miseikis is all the way back from the broken leg ?

Santillo said today Miseikis was on the field today. You can't keep those Amsterdam guys down.

So my gues is Ben M will do the dirty work behind Smith and Osbourne.

Anybody know if Miseikis is all the way back from the broken leg ?

Santillo said today Miseikis was on the field today. You can't keep those Amsterdam guys down.

Great hear. That was one of the ugliest injuries I've ever seen.

@ualbanyalumni

Join UA football alumni tailgate on game opener vs Colgate, Sept 1, 4pm, SEFCU lot -white tent. BYOB and food. 6 pm kickoff. Go Great Danes

Here's the full version of the invitation for any football alumni that are interested and did not get the email invitation.

Rally your fellow Great Danes and join your fellow football alumni at the first tailgate of the season - vs. Colgate, September 1st at 4 p.m. All alumni who played and/or coached and their families are invited to gather at the tailgate tent with other football alumni from all five decades of Coach Ford’s program. 

Join us at the white tailgate tent at the SEFCU parking lot (west side grassy area) starting at 4pm. Bring your own food and beverages, and your UA pride and spirit! 

Parking in the SEFCU lot is $5 on game day. Free parking is available in the Dutch Gold Lot. 

Please forward this invitation on to other football alumni and help us cheer on Coach Ford and our Great Danes for the 6 p.m. kick-off. 

To RSVP, please contact Anthony Sciarra (asciarra@hotmail.com) or call (718) 578-5443. 

GO DANES!