UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

St. Francis (NY) - Wednesday 7pm

Anyone know of the incident after the game santillo is tweeting about

Santavenere from St. Francis pushed Iati out of bounds and over the news table as the buzzer went off. Ref came over pulled him away and went to talk to the St. F coach.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know of the incident after the game santillo is tweeting about

From what I saw on the stream, on the last play Iati caught the St. Francis inbounds pass at center court and tried to dribble towards the sideline and on of the St. Francis players shoved him and he flew over the press table pretty hard. Several UA players came over and confronted him. I'm proud of Black and whoever else was there for not flying off the handle and causing a real scene. Brown came over and then looked over at the other coach with his hands spread out like "What the hell was that??". I think the kid from St. Francis was just trying to quickly foul him but it was a stupid play by him. At least he immediately said sorry and shoot Jacobs hand when he got up behind the press table.

Edit: forgot to add that Wyland said the same kid was screaming at the crowd earlier.

Edited by DanesRGood

Are the stats right? Did we really shoot 64% from three? Yowsa.

I thought Mockford went off tonight 6-12 but Iati and Black were a combined 8-13 from three.

I'll take this win considering we weren't exactly razor sharp tonight, especially when dealing with the press.

Good to see DJ Evans coming on a little bit with his best game so far. He packed a lot into just 10 minutes of playing time 8 points, a rebound and 2 assists.

That stuff after the buzzer was nonsense. Luckily JI wasn't hurt and cooler heads prevailed.

A win but not a real confidence builder. They played with good poise at the end when they could have panicked and that is a positive. 700 more students in the building would have made for a better atmosphere.

Attendance definitely could/should improve..but it's probably worthwhile to note that we're leading the league in attendance so far. Through 3 games we're averaging 2,692..Binghamton's next at 2,392..while Vermont's at 2,238. Only other AE school above 1,100 is Stony Brook at 1,161.

Certainly want to improve..but I think some perspective is always useful.

Go toUASports.com and click on promotions. Student crowd was good for St.Francis -- one end 80% full, the other 40-50% full with a big group behind the players bench. For a mid-week, non-conference game it was very, very good. But now exams, 30+ day vacation may throw water on the student crowd. If each student brought another student we would be close to 3500 which is 75% of capacity---have to start somewhere.