UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disappointed as well. Now is the America East still going to bring on NJIT? They better.

- I say this because reading all the rumors that they would have picked them up if we left and now that were staying they decide to do nothing. This would really piss me the eff off and would make me hate the America East even more.

Edited by UA'08

Seriously, is this a dead issue now? Or are we just basing it on what the Assoc AD said? And as far as you guys worrying about jumping, how else do you want the program to build? So what that other schools are 0-55 in trying to get to the big dance. We got there in our 7th year of D1, and almost knocked off a #1 seed. Considering where we were 12 years ago, I'd think that we'd want the progression to continue.

With thinking and fear like that we'd still be playing club football

http://www.caasports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=207795069&DB_OEM_ID=8500&KEY=&DB_OEM_ID=8500&DB_LANG=&IN_SUBSCRIBER_CONTENT=

RICHMOND, Va. (May 23, 2013) – Elon University has accepted an invitation of membership to join the Colonial Athletic Association beginning July 1, 2014, CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager announced today.

“The member institutions of the CAA are thrilled that Elon has accepted our offer of membership,” CAA Commissioner Tom Yeager said. “We have been selectively searching for highly respected institutions that shared a common vision of institutional excellence and a commitment to the success of the young men and women participating in our athletic programs. Elon fits our model and will immediately become a valuable conference partner helping to elevate each individual institution.”

“On behalf of the presidents I want to express my great excitement that Elon has accepted our invitation to join the CAA in the 2014-15 academic year and to welcome President Lambert and the Phoenix family to the conference,” said UNCW Chancellor Gary L. Miller, who is the chair of the CAA Council of Presidents. “Elon brings the excellent academic and athletic reputation that is the hallmark of the conference. Having Elon with us will deepen long standing rivalries, create new competitive opportunities and support the important geographic footprint of the conference.”

ZRBSILWMFRKUIZC.20130523125459.jpg

Maybe we do it after next season, but all this we are not ready stuff, it is not up to us to decide when we want to leave. We need to be invitedd! We have an invite now and who the hell knows when we are going to ge another. I am still dissapointed and holding out hope that we have a gentlemans agreement. To leave right after next season in the America East and join when Elon joins.

What a weird statement by the SoCon on Elon leaving.

The SoCon comish also literally said: "They're your problem now CAA" on the teleconference.

SPARTANBURG, S.C. – Southern Conference Commissioner John Iamarino released the following statement regarding Elon University:

“In recent years, it became increasingly evident that Elon’s negative view of the diversity in the Southern Conference was not shared by the majority of the membership. Our core group remains firmly committed to each other and to the academic and athletic success of the Southern Conference. We are preparing specific initiatives to achieve that success.”