UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we're clear underdogs, but in the spirit of optimism........if we play like we did for 95% of that 2-drive stretch in the 3rd quarter against JMU, we have a shot.

if we play like we did for 95% of that 2-drive stretch in the 3rd quarter against JMU, [and actually catch the ball] we have a shot....

Edited by madDOG

Well we're clear underdogs, but in the spirit of optimism........if we play like we did for 95% of that 2-drive stretch in the 3rd quarter against JMU, we have a shot.

if we play like we did for 95% of that 2-drive stretch in the 3rd quarter against JMU, [and actually catch the ball] we have a shot....

That's why I said 95%. The 5% about dropping wide open passes is the part we can't replicate.

Delaware beat JMU by a td & was crushed by MAINE.

Maine, a team we had the talent to beat the past few years, looks scary this year.

Looks like Delaware has its homecoming on Saturday... Was our game vs JMU homecoming for them as well?

I heard them calling it family weekend..

Edited by uofalbany

Ford on Wyland today. Healthwise we're in good shape. He thought we looked pretty good in the 3rd quarter.

One thing confirming my casual observations: he said that usually if you miss seven tackles in a game, you lose. Against JMU we missed five on one play. Re the offense, I'd been wondering if we were running the same plays as in previous years but we didn't have the playmakers to get the yardage we used to. Ford said against JMU we ran one (flea-flicker or fake punt) that looked wide open and could go for 50 yards, but the safety came up and held it to ten - a welcome-to-the-CAA moment. Chllis also seems to be running more sideways than up the field.

Finally I checked the stats; in half a season this team has ONE interception (against Colgate), and all five fumbles were against 'gate and URI. Haven't even forced one, let alone recover one, in the last three games. Tough to win without getting turnovers.

Is it me or does the defense look like they're swarming to the ball more?

Any new starters? More pt for the frosh?

They do seem more aggressive. I liked going for it on fourth down too. What do we have to lose?

2 and 40 for the Hens. You can watch a lot of football and not seem that down and distance combo.