UAlbany Athletics- America East-
SOCIAL MEDIA: UAlbany Facebook- UAlbany Instagram- UAlbany Twitter- UAlbany Blog-
MEDIA: Albany Student Press- America East TV- ESPN3- Schenectady Gazette- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio- The Team 104.5 ESPN Radio Archive interviews- Times Union College Sports- Times Union Sports- WCDB- WOFX 980-
FALL SPORTS LINKS: CAA Football-
WINTER SPORTS LINKS: College Insider- Pomeroy Ratings- Real TimeRPI-
SPRING SPORTS LINKS: Inside Lacrosse- Lax Power Backup Stick-
OTHER FORUMS: America East Forum- Any Given Saturday Forum- Championship Subdivision forum(1-AA Discussion) The Hen House - Siena Forum- Stony Brook Forum- Vermont Forum

2014 Lacrosse schedule

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game, as I was for every home game and scrimmage, plus a couple away. This team was most definitely a champion. Played with a lot of skill and heart ever since the hopkins loss. A good bounce here or there. a save off the face mask of the nd goalie and who knows we could be still watching this team next weekend. The following quote from "Inside Lacrosse" pretty much sums up the game:

"Trailing by five goals with eight minutes remaining, things were not looking good for Notre Dame. Albany had taken over the game and seemed on its way to victory. Coach Kevin Corrigan decided to change his team’s scheme to a 10-man ride. For the rest of the game, the Irish attacked Albany in transition, pressuring them to commit eight turnovers and only clear the ball once successfully in the fourth quarter. In these unsettled situations, Notre Dame scored in transition, got more offensive touches and never gave the Great Danes a chance to stop the Irish run. The result: A 14-13 OT victory and a trip to Championship Weekend."

Anyhow GREAT GREAT season! I know the loss will hurt for a while. but the players and coaches should be PROUD of their effort yesterday and of the season as a whole. I AM MOST CERTAINLY PROUD!

Forgot to say big thanks to miles and Ty for choosing albany 4 years ago. Their legacy is definitely etched in stone forever. With lyle having one more year I hope espnu will televise more than just one game next season. Also anyone know why we are so bad at face offs. If we would have just went 50% or even 40% we would have won.

That being said being at the game was fantastic. The fans were great. Don't really understand the long Albany chant though. Almost sounds like a negative taunt that an opposing team would use. Is there any chance that we can host a quarterfinal in albany?

Lacrosse has been using that chant for years. I think we're taunting the opponents with it, like "We're ba-ack", we've scored and it's going to get into your heads.

Attendance at Delaware was 7222, and Stony Brook hosted the quarters in 2006 and 2010, but with lax growing I don't think Ford Field would be big enough for men NCAAs, until the expansion is built. Especially if it's a year when Syracuse, UMass or Cornell are in it.

I don't anyone else mentioned this, but if someone did, forgive the redundancy . . .but today's TU said that Miles and Ty will play pro lacrosse in Rochester this Summer, and then in the Fall Miles will return to UA as an assistant coach. That might be a good incentive to keep Lyle here!

I don't anyone else mentioned this, but if someone did, forgive the redundancy . . .but today's TU said that Miles and Ty will play pro lacrosse in Rochester this Summer, and then in the Fall Miles will return to UA as an assistant coach. That might be a good incentive to keep Lyle here!

Oh that's great news about Miles! Might help recruiting for kids that enjoyed watching him play.

Edited by MsGDG

From Quint Quesnich's Inside Lacrosse blog...

"I hope more coaches have the courage to operate like Albany coach Scott Marr — giving his elite players the keys to the car and letting them drive. This isn't football where you get to call every play. Empowering great players to think on their own has merits. The Danes' system of two-way middies makes sense and causes some serious matchup issues. Good news to hear that Miles is returning to Albany next year as a grad assistant, ensuring that Lyle finishes next spring in a purple uniform.

I will do my best behind the scenes with ESPN programming to try to get Lyle on TV in 2015 as much as possible — the fans have spoken. He is a rare talent, and I can’t wait to watch him play again in February of 2015. Lyle clearly has a connection with young fans who identify with his talent, creativity and love of the game."

With the huge turnout at Hofstra, mainly to see the Thompson's, hopefully Albany will be a draw next year with him coming back. Being from the Long Island area, for selfish reasons I'd like to see an away game with Hofstra next year. Also there is a game at Bethpage High School for the past 4 years called Battle at Bethpage. Some teams that have been involved were...

Duke/Denver

UMASS/Drexel

St. Johns/Georgetown

Cornell/Princeton

We can say everyone wants to see Lyle and he would be a huge draw.

Nothing personal and for selfish reasons, I'd rather see hopkins and/or syracuse come play in Albany. Even before the Thompson's, and now especially because of them Albany deserves the respect a home game warrants, by teams who have refused to home here.